Scotch eggs make for a very delicious and fulfilling breakfast. They are a great recipe if you are looking to do something different for your meal. I will be sharing how you can make scotch eggs easily at home.
Many people think that this egg recipe has a Scottish origin because of its name. But in reality, a scotch egg is just a boiled egg coated in sausage meat and breadcrumbs. The process of deep-frying eggs is known as scotching and this is how scotch eggs got their name.
To make scotch eggs, you will need all-purpose flour, eggs, breakfast sausage, crushed corn flakes, vegetable oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Take boiled eggs and wrap them in sausage. Coat them in breadcrumbs and fry them. Your scotch eggs are ready.
These eggs are very easy to make at your home. While going further, you will be learning the recipe in a proper detailed manner. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Cheese Fries– It is safe to claim that everyone enjoys a bowl full of cheese fries. These can be the perfect movie snack for you to enjoy with your friends.
2. Vietnamese Egg Rolls– Many of you must be in a dilemma; what are Vietnamese Egg Rolls. To make you clear, they are different from a basic egg roll. They are made with wheat wrappers and deep-fried.
3. Soft Boiled Eggs– The whites of the eggs are firm, but the yolk stays in a silky, creamy, liquid gold state that is a little like a cross between butter and melted cheese. They’re seriously divine.
4. Broiled Pineapple– If you like pineapples, this is a perfect choice because this form of pineapples will change your whole idea about the pineapples. And after having this recipe, you will always like to have pineapples in this form.
Scotch Eggs Recipe
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 6 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Breakfast Sausage
- 1 Cup Corn Flakes (crushed)
- 3 Cups Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Add in water to a container and put in 4 eggs out of the six in it such that they properly dip in the water and then boil the water and after the boil, switch of the flame and cover it and keep it still for 4 minutes, then drain the water and add in ice-cold water to make the eggs cool.
- Now, as the eggs are cool, crack the shells and peel the eggs under the water tap, then again put the eggs in ice-cold water and cover it and let them cool in a fridge for almost 1 day.
- Take a bowl and put in the flour. In another bowl, take cornflakes. Take the sausage and cut it into 4 equal parts. Put in 1 boiled egg on half sausage and completely wrap it with the other half of the sausage. Do it with the left eggs too.
- In a bowl, whisk in 2 of the eggs and blend them properly. Then, take the sausage-wrapped eggs, dip them into flour and then into the egg wash and lastly, the cornflakes. After coating, keep them uncovered in the fridge for 1 day.
- Take a large pot, put in the vegetable oil and heat in under medium heat. When you feel the oil is hot enough, put in the eggs and keep occasionally stirring for 6-7 minutes. When the coating is golden brown, take them out. Then, put the eggs into tissues to remove extra oil.
- At last, season with salt and pepper and serve it with mustard.