Scotch eggs are very delicious in taste and I will be sharing how you can make scotch eggs easily at your home.
Many people think that this egg recipe has a Scottish origin because of its name. But in reality, poached egg is just a boiled egg coated in sausage meat and breadcrumbs. This process of deep-frying eggs is known as scotching and this is how scotch eggs got its name.
To make scotch eggs, you will need all-purpose flour, eggs, breakfast sausage, crushed corn flakes, vegetable oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Take boiled eggs that are cool enough and then wrap them in sausage and breadcrumb coating and fry them Your scotch eggs are ready.
These scotch eggs were invented in 1738 but they’ve become a modern favourite. These eggs are very easy to make at your home. While going further, you will be learning the recipe in a proper detailed manner. But first, let’s check out the ingredients.
Ingredients For Scotch Eggs
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 6 Eggs
- ¾ cups Breakfast Sausage
- 1 cup Crushed Corn Flakes
- 3 cups Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbso Mustard
- Salt and Pepper (for taste)
The ingredients mentioned here are readily available. Although it’s a very short process, we will be learning the time that it will take to make it.
How Much Time It Will Take To Prepare Scotch Eggs?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 minutes||45 minutes||1 hour|
Even though scotch eggs’ preparation time is long, you will love it once it is made. Now let’s check out its cooking method in a detailed manner.
Steps To Make Scotch Eggs
- Add in water to a container and put in 4 eggs out of the six in it such that they properly dip in the water and then boil the water and after the boil, switch of the flame and cover it and keep it still for 4 minutes, then drain the water and add in ice-cold water to make the eggs cool.
- Now, as the eggs are cool, crack the shells and peel the eggs under the water tap, then again put the eggs in ice-cold water and cover it and let it cool in a fridge for almost 1 day.
- Now take a bowl and put in flour, in other bowl take cornflakes, now take the sausage and cut into 4 equal parts and then put 1 of the sausage into a thin patty and put in 1 boiled egg on the sausage and completely wrap it with the sausage and do it with the left eggs too.
- In a bowl, whisk in 2 of the eggs, blend them properly, then take the sausage wrapped eggs, dip them into flour and then into the egg wash, the cornflakes, and then keep them uncovered in the fridge for 1 day.
- Let’s take a large pot and put in the vegetable oil and heat in under medium heat and when you feel the oil is hot enough and put in the eggs and keep moving them occasionally until it is properly cooked. The coating is golden brown for 6-7 minutes and then put the eggs into tissues to remove extra oil.
- At last, do the seasoning with salt and pepper and serve it with mustard.
Your scotch eggs are ready. Serve these scotch eggs with your favourite sauce or dip.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Scotch Eggs
Eggs are very good for our health. That is why, I’ve added the nutritional breakdown of these scotch eggs below.
How To Make Scotch Eggs At Home | Video
In any case, you are not clear of any step involved in this recipe, I have uploaded the video. Do watch the video once to know about every detail.
Try this recipe and share your reviews in the comment section below. I will be happy to know how much you liked the egg recipe. Not just this, you are free to share any suggestion or a recipe you would love to know more about. I will be happy helping you. Now, grab your bowl and enjoy the warmth of the soup.