Scorpion bowl recipe is a fun cocktail to enjoy with your friends and family this Christmas season. It’s a fruity punch drink that is served in a special scorpion punch bowl.
In the center of the bowl, there is a reservoir where rum is fired. Get all your friends together and sip the fruity punch.
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl to make a scorpion bowl. Add guava juice, pineapple juice, passionfruit juice, dark rum, white rum, gin, lemon juice, vodka, pineapple chunks, cherry chunks, and grenadine in the bowl.
Wait, I haven’t told you the best part. The scorpion bowl is served with 151 proof
in the center of the bowl and set on fire. I bet you’ll really enjoy this part of the bowl with friends.
Here are a few tips to consider while making this bowl. Always use fresh fruit chunks to make this drink refreshing. Moreover, use lots of crushed ice to enjoy this recipe. As it’s best served chilled.
Let’s make this majestic punch bowl this Christmas season and slurp with your friends. All the ingredients and equipment list are mentioned below. Take note of them and start making this impressive scorpion bowl.
What Are The Helpful Tips To Make Scorpion Bowl?
Looking for some important tips to make a scorpion bowl? Here is how can you make this punch taste even better:
- When making a scorpion bowl recipe, be sure to use fresh ingredients. This will help to ensure that the drink is flavorful.
- Serve the scorpion bowl drink cold so with ice to enjoy the drink in the true sense.
- Use a good quality rum. We recommend using an aged rum (151 rum) or bacardi 8 or plantation original dark.
- Make sure to use fresh lime juice, no bottled tetra-pack lime juice, please!
- Use a good quality orange liqueur. We recommend using cointreau or grand marnier. Use plenty of ice and don’t be afraid to stir it up. The goal is to get it nice and cold.
- Garnish with fresh fruit. Add pineapple and orange slices.
Follow these tips and you’ll be on your way to making the perfect scorpion bowl.
What Are The Recipe Variations For The Scorpion Bowl?
There are many variations of the scorpion bowl recipe, but the most popular include the following:
- The Original Scorpion Bowl Recipe: This is the classic recipe for a scorpion bowl and includes rum, brandy, curacao, orgeat syrup, and lemon juice.
- The Hawaiian Scorpion Bowl Recipe: This version of the scorpion bowl includes rum, vodka, blue curacao, pineapple juice, and sweet and sour mix.
- The Tropical Scorpion Bowl Recipe: This recipe features rum, vodka, orange juice, pineapple juice, and grenadine.
- The Nuclear Scorpion Bowl Recipe: As the name suggests, this is a much stronger version of the scorpion bowl that includes 151 rum, vodka, tequila, gin, triple sec, and lime juice.
Making a scorpion bowl is all about having fun and experimenting with ingredients. There are no rules when it comes to making this delicious cocktail, so feel free to get creative and make it your own.
Some Etiquettes To Follow For Having Scorpion Bowl
Try this delicious cocktail that is on fire. But before you dive into this amazing scorpion bowl, here are some ground rules to follow for having it. Let’s look at them quickly.
- The scorpion bowl is always enjoyed with your friends. So, never drink it alone.
- It comes with a flaming shot of 151 rum. Don’t blow the fire. It’s always enjoyed with a flickering glow.
- Scorpion bowl is made on the Christmas holidays for sharing purposes. Don’t hog it all alone and drink along with your friends.
- The scorpion punch is delicious. But don’t give your full attention to the drink. Communicate with your friends and talk out your things. This is the only way to enjoy this drink.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make a Scorpion Bowl?
- Scorpion Bowl – Combine all the ingredients in the scorpion bowl.
- Straw – Serve the drink with a straw.
- Knife – Cut the cherries and pineapple chunks using a knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make a Scorpion Bowl?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||0 Minutes||5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Scorpion Bowl?
- Guava Juice – Guava Juice adds sweet and savory flavors with a hint of tanginess.
- Pineapple Juice – Pineapple juice brings a naturally sweet and tart flavor to the drink.
- Passion Fruit Juice – For super refreshing flavors, add passionfruit juice.
- Dark Rum – For strong and intense flavors, add dark rum.
- White Rum – White rum adds mild sweet flavors.
- Gin – Gin has a strong aroma and is quite citrusy which adds a sparkling taste to the scorpion bowl.
- 151 Rum – Pour 151 rum into the reservoir in the middle of the bowl for a firing effect.
- Lemon Juice – Add a splash of lemon juice for a tangy and tart taste.
- Vodka – Oh yes! After adding every other alcohol, vodka is not skipped. Use vodka for subtle flavors.
- Grenadine – Grenadine is often used in cocktails to add color and sweetness.
- Cherries – For a sweet delicious taste, add cherries chunks. They add nice color and texture to the drink.
- Pineapple Chunks – Okay! At last, add some pineapple chunks for a full-pack fruity drink.
- Crushed Ice – Fill up the scorpion bowl with crushed ice for a chilled drink to enjoy during Christmas.
Steps To Make Scorpion Bowl
1. Get Ready For Fun
Let’s start making a scorpion bowl. For this, firstly we’ll add a lot of ice cubes to the scorpion bowl.
Combine guava juice, pineapple juice, passionfruit juice, dark rum, white rum, gin, lemon juice, vodka, and grenadine in the bowl. Stir well.
2. Time For Some Rum
Add pineapple and cherry chunks to the bowl. Fill the reservoir in the middle of the bowl with 151 rum. Stir well gently.
Using a long lighter, light the rum on fire. Your amazing scorpion bowl is ready. Enjoy the punch with your friends.
How Will Scorpion Bowl Look And Taste Like?
Scorpion bowl is a bright, strong, tangy, and bittersweet cocktail. It’s a holiday drink that has citrusy notes with fresh fruit chunks.
The rum-on-fire effect will stay in your mind for a long time. The bowl is quite colorful and perfectly suitable for holiday parties with your friends.
Scorpion Bowl Recipe
- 1 oz Guava Juice
- 1 oz Pineapple Juice
- 1 oz Passion Fruit Juice
- 1 oz Dark Rum
- 1 oz White Rum
- 2 oz Gin
- 1 oz 151 Rum
- 3 oz Lemon Juice
- 2 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Grenadine
- Cherries (As needed)
- Pineapple Chunks (as needed)
- Crushed Ice (As needed)
- In a scorpion bowl, add crushed ice.
- Then add guava juice, pineapple juice, passionfruit juice, dark rum, white rum, gin, lemon juice, vodka, and grenadine in the bowl. Stir well.
- Add pineapple and cherry chunks.
- Fill the reservoir in the middle of the bowl with 151 rum.
- Light the rum on fire using a long lighter.
- Scorpion bowl is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why do they call it a Scorpion Bowl?
The scorpion bowl is a punch drink that is served in a bowl called a scorpion bowl. It is specifically designed to enjoy cocktail drinks in a new way with your friends.
What is a Scorpion Bowl made of?
Scorpion bowl is made of guava juice, pineapple juice, 151 rum, passionfruit juice, dark rum, white rum, gin, lemon juice, vodka, grenadine, pineapple chunks, and cherry chunks.
What do they light on fire in a Scorpion Bowl?
They fire 151 rum on the fire in a scorpion bowl for a nice spooky effect.
How many calories are in a Scorpion Bowl?
The scorpion bowl contains 204 calories.
Is the scorpion bowl served hot or cold?
Serve scorpion bowl chilled along with crushed ice. It will taste fantastic.
I hope you enjoyed this scorpion bowl recipe. The bright colors and tropical flavors are sure to be a hit with your guests, and they’ll love this novelty cocktail and also the beautiful-looking scorpion bowl.
So go ahead and give this recipe a try next time when you’re looking to impress your friends or just want to enjoy a delicious cocktail. Cheers!
The recipe card image source is thespruceeats.com
The feature image source is cleveland.com