Baking seems to be a part of every occasion. From birthday to Christmas, baking plays a vital role on every occasion. Even the kids enjoy it. The most baked recipe is of the cake. So let’s not do the cliché like cakes, cookies and bake something other than a cake for our happiness. The baking recipe I am going to share with you today is Sawdust Pie.
A Pie is a dish that can be made sweet and savoury. The most famous and widely eaten pie around the world is an Apple pie. Let’s come back to the recipe for today. Sawdust Pie is rich in taste and will please you to perfection.
Sawdust Pie got its name because of how all the ingredients look like sawdust when combined. If you never had this pie before, then it will indeed become a family favorite. So while you have your dinner, just put it in the oven to be prepared. Serve it warm and with whipped cream or any toppings of your choice like vanilla ice cream or chocolate syrup.
This recipe will replace your brownie with vanilla ice cream or the carrot cake you bake most often. So check out the recipe and out your mittens on. But first, I’ve mentioned some other cherry pie recipes that I think you should definitely try at your home.
1. Velvety Chocolate Butter Pecan Pie– The richness of this pie will make you go nuts. This pie is a classic combination of Pecan Pie and Chocolate Pie. This dessert is undoubtedly irresistible once you take a bite.
2. Apple Pear Pie– Apples and pears are a natural pair. A dish that has the combination of both tastes divine. Apple Pear Pie is indeed a mouth-watering and delicious dish.
3. Peanut Butter Pie Jars– You are going to love this combination of peanut butter and milk chocolate. Another this that is going to make this peanut butter pie jars is because you can make them at home without any cooking or baking process.
4. Sawdust Pie– This pie got its name because of how all the ingredients look like sawdust when combined. If you never had this pie before, then it will indeed become a family favorite. So while you have your dinner, just put it in the oven to be prepared.
Ingredients for Sawdust Pie
|White sugar||1 ½ cups|
|Graham crackers||1 ½ cups|
|Pecans||1 ½ cups|
|Flaked coconut||1 ½ cups|
|Pastry for 9 inch single crust pie||1 recipe|
You can see it involves very easily accessible ingredients that you can even fetch from your pantry. I can assure you that you will get the best results with such handy ingredients in very less time. So let’s see how much time it will take to prepare this pie.
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 minutes||35 minutes||50 minutes|
This pie will take less than an hour to be relished. So without any delay, let’s get going and follow the instructions.
Sawdust Pie Recipe
- Set the oven on preheat at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Take a small bowl and mix the egg whites with the sugar. Add graham cracker crumbs to this mixture with pecans and coconut. Mix them well until they blend well.
- Pour this mixture into an unbaked pie shell. Bake the pie in a preheated oven until it turns glossy. It will take 25-30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
Note– Do remember not to overbake the pie. Check the pie to be gooey in the center. You can serve it with whipped cream or bananas.
Grab your coffee and relish the pie. Another drink which will pair the best with the pie is hot chocolate. Don’t worry; I have a great recipe for hot chocolate that you can make instantly with the help of hot chocolate bombs.
Nutritional Breakdown of Sawdust Pie
How to Make Sawdust Pie at Home | Video
If you prefer step-by-step instructions of the recipe, watch the video I have added to make it easier to use.
Can’t wait to begin with the recipe? Try it and share your reviews in the comment section. Just in case you have any queries related to the recipe, you can ask your questions in the comment section. If you liked this recipe, do share it with your family and friends. Bon Appetite!