The recipe I am going to share today is for sauteed okra with garlic. It is an easy, simple, and delicious recipe. It is also healthy and flavorful. You can easily make this recipe at home in less than 30 minutes.
Okra is a great vegetable and is rich in nutrients and antioxidants. It helps in decreasing the risk of heart disease. It also has anti-cancer properties. It is also known to be beneficial for pregnant women. You can easily include okra in your diet.
To make sauteed okra with garlic, heat oil in a pan. Add okra, salt, and pepper to it and saute it for some time. Then, add garlic and lime zest to it and saute it for some time. Garnish it with lime wedges and cilantro. Then, serve.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Pizzadilla– Pizzadilla is, for sure, a unique name and you all would be amazed to know that it is a combination of two words, i.e., pizza and quesadilla. So, basically, we can say that it is a quesadilla filled with pizza toppings.
2. Sous Vide Swordfish– This teriyaki swordfish is a healthy, delicious recipe that will keep you wanting more. The teriyaki sauce is a perfect complement to the fish, but will not overpower.
3. Chana Masala– The dish that I am talking about is quite famous all over India. This recipe goes by the name of Chana masala or Chole masala.
4. Tortellini Carbonara– Tortellini Carbonara pasta is the dish of the Rome region of Italy. Carbonara in Italian means has to do with charcoal and many theories of the origin involve coal miners making the dish.
Sauteed Okra with Garlic Recipe
- 2 pounds Okra
- 6 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Lime Zest
- ¼ cup Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Cilantro and Lime Wedges (for garnish)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium skillet.
- Add okra to it and sprinkle salt and pepper over it. Cook it while stirring for about 5 minutes.
- In the skillet, add garlic and cook over low heat until it starts giving fragrance for about 3 minutes. Then, add lime zest.
- Serve the okra in a serving bowl. Garnish it with coriander and lime wedges.