Have you ever thought of a biscuit with sausage as one of the primary ingredients? The majority of you will say no. So let me share a recipe for sausage biscuits.
These handy biscuits are so delicious that you will not be able to stop yourself from having one after the other. You can serve these biscuits with a soup or an egg dish. Munching these biscuits will surely be a delight.
For baking sausage biscuits, cook the sausage first. In a bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and shortening. Add sausages activated yeast, pour in buttermilk. Roll the dough and cut out biscuits from it. Brush them with butter and bake them. Serve and enjoy.
More information regarding the recipe will be given below, as above mentioned is just a brief of the recipe. You will surely make more batches of biscuits once you try them. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Drop Biscuits– Drop biscuits serve as a great evening snack when you need something light and tasty. You would be amazed to know that drop biscuits were invented due to the necessity to save time in making up biscuits.
2. Self-Rising Biscuits– This recipe will surely make up to your list of easy recipes. To everyone’s surprise, these biscuits are made of only three ingredients. And it will be a good idea to bake it for your guests and serve them hot.
3. Snickerdoodle– Snickerdoodle is a cookie made of flour, white sugar, butter and rolled in cinnamon sugar with eggs, baking soda and cream of the tart. Its texture is crisp outside on the edges but soft inside.
4. Butter Crackers– A touch of sugar makes these flakey crackers equally as tasty with peanut butter as they are with cheese. Look for a fluted edge cookie cutter to make your crackers look like the classic Ritz crackers.
Ingredients For Sausage Biscuits
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Melted butter
The ingredients you need will surely be stocked up in your pantry. Check its availability first and then plan your visit to the grocery store accordingly. Let me tell you the time you need to prepare this meal.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Sausage Biscuits?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|25 Minutes||10 Minutes||35 Minutes|
It will take approximately half an hour for you to bake these biscuits. It is not much of a time for baking biscuits. The recipe seems easy as it is less time consuming. Take a look at the steps to be followed.
Steps To Make Sausage Biscuits
- Take a large skillet to cook sausage in it over a medium flame until no longer pink. Drain them and keep them aside. In a bowl, make a mixture of flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and shortening. Mix them well until crumbly. Add the sausages to it.
- Now take another bowl to activate the yeast in water. Let it rest for 5 minutes. Pour buttermilk to it and finally add all the dry ingredients. Stir them all until all the ingredients become moist.
- Knead the prepared dough for 6-8 minutes on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough to ½ inch thickness. Cut the dough using a 2-inch biscuit cutter. Place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush the dough with butter and bake them at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until they turn golden.
- Serve warm.
The dough requires no rising time. It can be re-rolled.
Nutritional Breakdown of Sausage Biscuits
Let’s see how many calories will be consumed while munching this biscuit.
Can’t wait to begin with the recipe? Try it and share your reviews in the comment section. Also, I would love to get some suggestions for any recipe you want to know about. Write them in the comment box and I will love to help you. Now grab your plate and eat this delicacy. Bon Appetite!