We all know how stressful it is to prepare a Christmas feast. There is an array of sweet and savory dishes that you have to make. The main course, the side dishes, and the desserts, all needs to be perfect. If you make stuffing as a side dish for Christmas, you should try to make sausage and stuffing balls. It is still your favorite side dish but with a twist and that too, is a great one.
With just some little tweaks here and there, you can combine sausages with breadcrumbs to make these delicious sausage and stuffing balls. There is also sage in the recipe to add a herby freshness to the meat and stuffing balls. The meat and breadcrumbs are cooked in butter with onions, sage, and seasoning. This mixture is shaped into balls and then baked.
I gave you a little glimpse of the recipe so now you have an idea how easy it is to make. Also, just imagine the delicious taste of the sausage and stuffing balls with herbs, butter, and onion. You can serve them with your favorite sauce and I am sure everybody’s going to love it. Let me tell you more about the recipe for sausage and stuffing balls.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Sausage And Stuffing Balls?
- Large Saucepan- Make the stuffing in the saucepan.
- Baking Tray- Make the balls from the mixture and place them on the baking tray, you know, for baking.
- Oven- We know that I know that you know that you have to bake the balls in the oven (did you catch the FRIENDS reference?)
- Wooden Spoon- You have to stir the mixture using the spoon. Mix well.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Sausage And Stuffing Balls?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Sausage And Stuffing Balls?
- Breadcrumbs- Breadcrumbs are the essence of these sausage and stuffing balls.
- Sausage Meat- Add the sausage meat to the stuffing for that fatty, meaty goodness.
- Onion- Onions give the mixture a sweet and sharp earthy flavor.
- Butter– I would only like to say ‘butter makes everything better’.
- Sage Leaves- Add a hint of herby freshness to the balls with some sage leaves.
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper- If you want to learn how to make good food, the secret is to perfectly season it.
Steps To Make Sausage And Stuffing Balls?
1. But First, A Little Prep
Start by preheating the oven to 200℃. Also, keep the baking tray ready by greasing it with some butter.
2. Good Stuff-ing
Melt the knob of butter in a large saucepan. Then, fry the onions in it for 8-10 minutes until they are soft and remove the pan from heat.
After that, add the breadcrumbs, sausage meat, and sage leaves to the pan and stir. Season with salt and pepper and mix it well.
3. Now, It’s Time To Bake
Then, using wet hands, make 1-inch balls of the mixture and place it on the greased baking tray.
Put the baking tray in the preheated oven and bake the balls for about 35-40 minutes. Then, take them out. With this, your delicious sausage and stuffing balls are ready.
|Saturated Fat||3.4 g|
How Will The Sausage And Stuffing Balls Look And Taste Like?
The balls look golden after baking. They taste like stuffing with meat that has a hint of sweet onions and herby sage. You can serve it with any of your favorite sauce or thick gravy along with your Christmas dinner main course and enjoy.
Sausage And Stuffing Balls Recipe
- 2 ¾ ounces Breadcrumbs
- 14 ounces Sausage Meat
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 knob Butter
- 3 large Sage Leaves (finely chopped)
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Prepare the oven by preheating it to 200℃ and grease the baking tray with some butter.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and add onions to it. Now, you need to fry the onions in the foaming butter for 8-10 minutes until they are soft and then remove the pan from heat.
- After that, add the breadcrumbs, sausage meat, and sage leaves to the pan and stir. Season the mixture with a good amount of salt and pepper and mix it well.
- Then, make 1-inch balls of the mixture and place them on the greased baking tray.
- Place the baking tray with the stuffing balls in the oven and bake them for about 35-40 minutes. Take them out and your delicious sausage and stuffing balls are ready.
This is your easy recipe for sausage and stuffing balls. Make them and tell us in the comments how well you loved ’em. See you next time with another amazing recipe. Happy cooking!