Tamarind saunth chutney is a sauce made from tamarind, ginger powder, and other spices. It goes with a lot of snacks like fritters, samosas, and or dumplings. It is a sour and spicy sauce and is really easy to make.
Tamarind is rich in fiber and also has many health benefits. It has no fat and can aid weight loss when eaten regularly. It is also known to be an immunity booster. It is also known to protect from heart and liver diseases.
To make tamarind saunth chutney, add raw tamarind in hot water and leave for 30 minutes. Add this water to a pan and add sugar, fennel powder, red chilly powder, roasted cumin powder, salt, garam masala, dry ginger powder, black pepper powder, and orange food color to it. Cook it for five minutes until thick. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
This is just a brief summary of the recipe. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Spicy Ranch Dressing– This dressing is one of my favorites dips to pair with appetizers. I always keep the sauce in my refrigerator and use it whenever I want to have some evening snacks. The recipe is very easy and quick.
2. Comeback Sauce– Comeback sauce is a perfect dressing for salads, sandwiches & burgers. I am going to tell you how you can make this awesome spread at your home.
3. White Coconut Chutney– The recipe is mainly made by blending coconut. But I like to add green chilies, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and some other ingredients to make a better version of the chutney.
4. Tamarind And Jaggery Chutney– Tamarind and jaggery chutney is a fusion of spicy, tangy and sweet flavors. The tamarind has a lot of sourness in it, so jaggery is added to balance it by adding a touch of sweetness.
Tamarind Saunth Chutney Recipe
- 1 cup Raw Tamarind
- 3 teaspoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Fennel Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Red Chilly Powder
- ½ teaspoon Roasted Cumin Seed Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Garam Masala
- ½ tablespoon Dry Ginger Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Orange Food Color
- Put the raw tamarind in hot water. Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Add this water to a pan. Keep this on a medium flame.
- Now, add sugar, fennel powder, red chilly powder, roasted cumin powder, salt, garam masala, dry ginger powder, black pepper powder, and orange food colour to it. Mix it well.
- Cook for five minutes until it becomes thick.