San Antonio chili is an easy-to-make recipe and you can easily make it at home. It is made with beef and spices and tastes great when served with tortilla chips and sour cream.
Among Texas chili con carne, oldest chili recipe, or original chili recipe, people really love this variant of chili that is San Antonio chili. This is the unique method that uses a Dutch oven for cooking beef. Beef is the key ingredient that gives a unique flavor to this recipe.
To make the San Antonio Chili at home, cook beef and garlic over medium heat in a Dutch oven. Add oregano, chili powder, flour, and cumin to it. Stir it until everything is evenly coated. Then, boil it and stir to blend the flavors. Serve the chili with tortilla chips and sour cream.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Rice Dressing– A rice dressing is a great rice dish you can make with rice. Ground beef or ground pork is used in rice dressing and that is why this recipe is delicious and very easy to make.
2. Black Bean Chili– The basic Black Bean Chili is very healthy and nourishing for the body. I shall talk about the nutritional value of the dish in the end. Also, for a little indulgence in the dish, you may top it off with some grated cheese.
3. Flatlander Chili– Flatlander Chili is a dish made with beef and red beans with herbs. Chili is a Mexican cuisine of spicy stew made of chili peppers, tomatoes, and beans with meat or vegetables.
4. Pumpkin Turkey Chili– The recipe which I am going to share with you today is Pumpkin Turkey Chili. This recipe is very popular in various parts of the world including the United States. It is known for its blended flavors and the goodness of chicken in it.
San Antonio Chili Recipe
- Dutch Oven
- 3 lbs. Beef
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3 lbs. Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 2 cans Beef Broth
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Tortilla Chips and Sour Cream (to serve)
- Cook beef and garlic over medium heat in a Dutch Oven.
- Add oregano, chili powder, flour, cumin to it. Stir until evenly coated.
- Boil it for a few minutes. Then, reduce heat and stir to blend the flavors.
- Serve with tortilla chips and add a dollop of sour cream.