Potato samosa is a great snack. It is delicious and easy to make. It is a savory and spicy snack and is served with a spicy and sweet tamarind sauce.
Samosa is a fried pastry with a spicy potato filling. The filling also contains onions, peas and sometimes, meat. It has a golden and crunchy exterior and soft and savory filling.
To make potato samosa, make the dough by mixing flour, carom seeds, salt clarified butter, and water in a bowl. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and coriander seeds to it. Then, fry onions in it. Add potatoes, green chilies, spices, and coriander leaves to the pan and cook. Fill this mixture in the dough and close in a triangular shape. Fry until golden and serve.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other street food recipes that we’ve covered that you should also check as well.
1. Maharashtrian Misal Pav– Misal is a popular spicy dish in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Misal is a Marathi word that means ‘mixture’. The dish is mostly eaten for breakfast or as a midday snack or sometimes as a one-dish meal, often as part of misal pav.
2. Salt Beef Bagel– London is a great place to eat street food and one of the most popular food in London are the salt beef bagels. Salt beef bagels are an ethnic dish that is mostly made by Jewish people.
3. Amritsari Chole Kulcha– Amritsari chole kulcha is a famous dish from Indian cuisine. It consists of spicy cooked chickpea and kulcha. It is served with tamarind sauce, onions, tomatoes, and coriander. It is a complete meal and is a great recipe to fulfill your cravings.
4. Gyros– The gyro is a classic Greek meat dish. It is both delicious and easy to make. It can be made with a variety of meat like lamb, beef, or pork. So, you make it however you like and enjoy.
Potato Samosa Recipe
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Salt¼
- ¼ tsp Carom Seeds
- 1 tbsp Clarified Butter
- 4 cups Oil
- ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tsp Coriander Seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Chopped Onion
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 Boiled Potatoes
- 2 Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 tsp Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
Making of Dough
- In a bowl, add all-purpose flour. Add ½ tsp salt, carom seeds, and 1 tbsp clarified butter to it and add some water to it. Knead it till the dough becomes smooth.
- Roll in a big ball. Place it in a bowl and cover it. Keep it aside for around 20 minutes.
Preparation of Filling
- Heat oil in a pan and then add ¼ tsp cumin seeds and ¼ tsp coriander seeds to it and roast them.
- Now, add chopped onions to the pan and fry them.
- When they turn golden in colour, add ¼ tsp red chilly powder, ¼ tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp salt, finely chopped green chilies, and mashed potatoes. Mix it well.
- Then, add 1 tsp finely chopped coriander leaves to it and cook for a while. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Take the dough and cut it into two halves.
- Now, make small balls from it using the palm of your hand and then, flatten the ball.
- Fill each half with the above-cooked mixture and seal it in a triangular shape.
- Heat oil in a pan and place the samosas in it. Fry them until they turn golden and crispy from the outside.
- Serve hot.