When I was in my school, on Monday my mom use to give me 5 rupees and I used to spend that money in my school canteen to buy Samosa from that money. I still remember the taste of that samosa as it was a very delicious samosa. Probably one of the best samosa I ever had in my lifetime.
One day, I went to my school and of course in the canteen also and I saw an uncle who was making that samosa’s there and I feel excited after I saw that samosa. I went to uncle and ask him the Samosa Recipe but that uncle gave that samosa another name. He calls that samosa as Punjabi Samosa and he gave me the detailed explanation of Punjabi Samosa Recipe and I will share a recipe of Punjabi Patota Samosa with you, my lovely people.
This CRUNCHY SAMOSA has a crunchy outer covering and a soft spicy potato filling in the interiors. So it’s like to open up a prism to the wonders inside. Now you don’t need to care about the unhealthy just satisfy your taste buds.
Ingredients for Punjabi Potato Samosa Recipe
|Cumin seeds||¼ tsp|
|Coriander seeds||¼ tsp|
|Cumin powder||½ tsp|
|Raisins and cashew nuts||1 tbsp|
|Red chilli powder||¼ tsp|
|Coriander powder||¼ tsp|
|Boiled potatoes||2 units|
|Green chilly||2 units|
|Finely chopped coriander leaves||1 tsp|
Potato Samosa Recipe
Making of dough
- In a bowl take 1 cup maida.
- Add ½ tsp salt, ajwain, and 1 tbsp ghee to it and add some water in it.
- Now mix it till it becomes stiff.
- Take the dough in your hand and make sure that it doesn’t lose its shape.
- Place it in a bowl and cover it. Keep it aside for around 20 minutes.
Preparation of filling
- In a preheated pan add 1 tbsp oil.
- Let it heat then add ¼ tsp cumin seeds and ¼ tsp coriander seeds.
- Roast it.
- Now add 1 tbsp of raisins and cashew nuts and fry them.
- When it gives a golden color add ¼ tsp red chilly powder, ¼ tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp salt, finely chopped green chilies, and mashed potatoes.
- Mix it well.
- Add 1 tsp finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Cook it for a while.
- Then place the cooked mixture in a bowl.
- Take the dough that you made and cut it in two halves.
- Now make small balls from it using the palm of your hand and then flatten the ball.
- Fill each half with the above-cooked mixture and seal it in a triangular shape.
- In a preheated pan add 2-3 cups oil and heat it.
- Now fry the above-filled samosas till they give a crunchy texture and brown color. Or you can also bake your samosa in the oven.
- For baking, preheat the oven at 180 C, and brush your samosa with oil.
- Now bake your samosas for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
It doesn’t matter that you fry your samosa or bake them. Both taste delicious. You can enjoy your samosas with tamarind sauce, tomato ketchup or pudina chutney.
How much Time it Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||30 Minutes||50 Minutes|
Nutritional Information of Potato Samosa Recipe