Whenever I visit Somali one thing which I never forget to eat was Sambosa’s. Most of the time whenever you are invited to Somalian Weddings one thing you find which constant is Sambosa.
But have you tried to make Sambusa at home? If your answer is no then their must a reason which is you don’t know about Sambosa Recipe. Now, you are here on my blog for a recipe because you wanted to make it at home.
But before I will provide the recipe. I will provide you information regarding the Sambosa. Sambosa is a traditional dish of the East African country Somali made only on occasions like Ramdan, Weddings, and Parties.
It is quite similar to Samosa( Indian Dish) the difference in Sambosa and Samosa is the former is made of potatoes but the latter is made of beef, chicken, and lamb.
I have learned the Sambosa recipe from the friend and today she is coming to my home. I am thinking to make Sambosa give a surprise to her but first I thought to share Sambosa Recipe with my lovely people over here.
But first, you have to gather all the ingredients required to make Sambosa Recipe at home.
Ingredients For Sambosa Recipe
|Ground Beef/Lamb||1 Pound|
|Chopped Small Onion||1|
|Coriander Powder||2 tsp|
|Finely Chopped Cilantro||2 tbsp|
|Chopped Green Onions||1|
|Cumin Powder||2 tsp|
|Cardamom Powder||2 tsp|
|Minced Garlic Cloves||1|
For The Flour
|All-Purpose Flour||1/4 Cup|
For Sambosa Wrappers
|All-Purpose Flour||3 Cups|
|Luke Warm Water||1 Cup|
Don’t be scared watching the ingredients list you will get all these from your nearby supermarket and I know you must be thinking about the timings to make Sambosa. I have mentioned the proper timings in the table i have mentioned below.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Mins||90 Mins||120 Mins|
So this will help you to manage your time accordingly. Moving on, here is the main step which you will look for in this recipe. So let’s start preparing.
To Make Sambosa Wrappers
- In the large bowl add the flour, water with salt. Knead the mixture properly to make dough and make a ball. Apply oil to the ball and place it in the bowl.
- Make small balls of the dough and with roller make make small tacos and leave them aside.
To Make Fillings
- In a skillet cook the meat with oil over medium the add onion, green chili, stir the mixture accordingly until tenders.
- When the mixture tends to add coriander, cumin, cardamom, salt, pepper, garlic, green onion, and the cilantro. Cook the whole mixture for 3-4 minutes.
- Cool the mixture for some time.
- In a small bowl add flour and water make a watery mixture.
- Pick the taco you have and shape it as sambosa wrappers.
- Fill the wrappers with the filling we have made and seal it with the watery flour mixture.
- Repeat the process to make Sambosa with other smabosa wrappers.
- In a saucepan add enough oil to heat.
- When the oil heats, drop the sambosa wrappers precautional.
- Heat until it will turn crispy and chewy.
Finally, Sambosa is ready to replace your crispy starters.
Nutritional Facts Of Sambosa
This recipe is really healthy and safe. One can have it without having any health concerns. For nutritional breakdown, consider the table below.
How To Make Sambosa at Home | Video
I know you people have the experience to make things from frying at deep level but I will suggest you to watch the video first before you make it.
I hope you have liked this video and will surely make this recipe at home. Please let us know your valuable comments and experiences about this recipe in the comments section below. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes like these.