A bagel is something that you can have at any time of the day, with anything you like. You have the plain bagel, the cream cheese bagel and many more. The type of bagel recipe that I am going to tell you about is the salt beef bagel.
London is a great place to eat street food and one of the most popular food in London are the salt beef bagels. Salt beef bagels are an ethnic dish that is mostly made by Jewish people. But today, it can be found everywhere. These bagels are easy to make and need a little patience.
To make salt beef bagels, make the brine first. Then, brine the beef and cook it. Once your beef is cooked, slice the bagels into halves. Place the beef on one half of the bagel and top with the other half and serve.
I know this recipe sounds very easy, but it is just an overview of the detailed steps. You can find the detailed recipe below with proper ingredients, timings and nutritional values. But first, let’s check out the ingredients. There are other street food recipes that we’ve covered that you should also check as well.
1. Tex-Mex Fajitas– It is a Texan-Mexican American dish with strips of beef skirt meat. Fajitas are served to sizzle on a cast-iron skillet that is still on the heat. The sizzle is because the meat is still cooking while it is brought to be served on your table.
2. Air Fryer Corn Dogs– If you love corn dogs but don’t want to eat them because they’re fried, I’ll tell you how to make healthy corn dogs. You can make Air fryer corn dogs. The air fryer corn dogs are as delicious and crispy as the fried ones but without the excess oil.
3. Gyros– The gyro is a classic Greek meat dish. It is both delicious and easy to make. It can be made with a variety of meat like lamb, beef, or pork. So, you make it however you like and enjoy.
4. Potato Samosa– Potato samosa is a great snack. It is delicious and easy to make. It is a savory and spicy snack and is served with a spicy and sweet tamarind sauce.
Salt Beef Bagel Recipe
- 1 teaspoon Black Peppercorns
- 700 g Sea Salt
- 300 g Demerara
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Star Anise
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Cloves
- 1 White Onions
- 1 kg Beef Brisket Joint
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Stick Celery
- 3 Dollops English Mustard
- 3 Dollops Mayonnaise
- 6 Bagels (halved)
- 2 Gherkins (sliced)
- Firstly, take a pan and toss in all the ingredients except the beef. Boil it for 2- 3 minutes then, turn off the flame and leave it for cooling. Now, take an air-tight box and put the cooled brine and the beef inside it. Leave it to brine for 2 days.
- Next, rinse the beef properly and keep it in cold water for about 2 hours. Then, wash it again.
- Toss in the vegetables and beef into a pot filled with water and then keep it on the flame for almost 3 hours until the beef is tender. Then, drain off the water and slice the beef.
- Lastly, cut the bagels into two halves. Evenly, spread the mayonnaise and mustard on them and then place with salt beef and gherkins on it. Cover with the other half and serve.