A bagel is something that you can have at any time of the day. The type of bagel recipe that I am going to tell you about is salt beef bagel.
London is a great place to eat street food and one of the most popular food in London are the Salt Beef Bagels. Salt beef bagels were an ethnic dish that was mostly made by Jewish people. These vintage bagels are super quick and easy to make.
Salt Beef Bagels can be prepared by making the brine first. Then brine the beef and start cooking your beef. Once your beef is cooked, your bagels are ready. Slice the bagels into halves and serve.
I know this recipe sounds very easy but it is just an overview of the detailed steps. You can find the detailed recipe below with proper ingredients, timings and nutritional values. But first, let’s check out the ingredients.
Ingredients For Salt Beef Bagel
- 1 teaspoon Black Peppercorns
- 700g Sea Salt
- 300 g Demerara
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Star Anise
- 2 cups Water
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Chopped White Onion
- 1 kg Beef Brisket Joint
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 Chopped Stick Celery
- 3 dollops English Mustard
- 3 dollops Mayonnaise
- 6 Halved Bagels
- 2 Sliced Gherkins
The ingredients mentioned here look like a lot but they are very easily available in the market. Now let’s check the time it will take to cook it.
How Much Time It Will Take To Prepare Salt Beef Bagel?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Tme||Total Time|
|3 hours 10 minutes||3 hours 5 minutes||6 hours 15 minutes|
I know 6 hours sounds like a lot. But I can assure you one thing that this whole time will be worth the time. Now let’s check out the detailed steps of this recipe.
Steps To Make Salt Beef Bagels
- Firstly, take a pan and toss in all the ingredients leaving the beef and boil it for 2- 3 minutes and after that, turn off the flame and leave it for cooling. Now take a water-tight box and put in the cooled brine and the beef inside it.
- Nextly, take clean cold water for 2-3 hours and rinse the beef properly and then wash it again, now toss in the vegetables and beef into a container and fill it with water and then futon the flame for almost 3 hours until the beef is soft and then drain off the water and slice the bagel.
- Lastly, cut the bagels into two halves and then evenly spread the mayonnaise and mustard on them it and then fill them with salt beef and gherkins.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Salt Beef Bagels
Let’s check out the nutrients that you can get from these salt beef bagels.
How To Make Salt Beef Bagels At Home | Video
To make the cooking process easier for you, I’ve mentioned a recipe video below.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe of salt beef bagels. I highly recommend you all to try this dish at your home and share your reviews in the comments sections below. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes like these.