Are you in the mood to eat something tangy and spicy? If yes, then don’t worry at all because I’m here with a super delicious dish named Salsa Casera and I’m really very excited to share this recipe with you all.
I had this super salsa casera in Birmingham during a conference and this dish tickled my taste buds in such a way that I can’t ever forget that taste. This sauce will give you a chunky taste of charred tomatoes. You can accompany it with tortilla chips, eggs or steak.
Guajillo chilies, tomato, onion, garlic and pepper are the main ingredients used in salsa casera. First, blend all the ingredients and heat some oil. Then, pour the sauce onto the oil and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
This sauce is a great combination of plum tomato, red pepper and sliced onions with sea salt and black pepper. These ingredients bring this yummy taste to the sauce. So, we will now see the ingredients to make salsa casera at home. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Texas Salsa– Texas restaurant-style salsa will have a perfect consistency. It will neither be chunky nor thin. This salsa will be great as a dip or can be used in any Texas-Mexican dish.
2. Red Pepper Coulis– Red pepper coulis is mainly a combination of bell peppers and vinegar. It is a kind of thin sauce made of vegetables or fruit puree.
3. Arby’s Horsey Sauce– Arby’s is a great place for hamburgers. But there’s one more thing that they have that you need to try. It is the Arby’s horsey sauce made with horseradish, mayonnaise, sugar and salt.
4. Zip Sauce– The sauce is also known as steak sauce as most people prefer to have it with steak. It was originated in Detroit at Lelli’s restaurant in 1939. This sauce is like a rich buttery glaze.
Salsa Casera Recipe
- Large Bowl
- 2 Guajillo Chiles
- ½ cup Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Plum Tomato
- 1 cup Sliced Onion
- 2 Chopped Garlic Cloves
- ½ cup Water
- ½ tsp Mexican Oregano
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- Cook guajillo chilies on medium flame until they become soft. Cut it with scissors and open it. Discard the stem veins and seeds. Now cut the chilies with scissors.
- In a blender, put these chilies, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, water and blend it for 40 seconds. Pour this mixture into a large bowl.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and when the oil is hot, add strained tomato sauce. Stir it with a wooden spoon and make it thick. Stir for 5 to 8 minutes. Now remove it from the heat and sprinkle pepper and salt on it.
Try this dish at home and if you have any queries related to the recipe, then ask about it in the comment section and also give your precious feedback in the comment section. Do share this salsa casera recipe with your friends and family as well. Till then, stay tuned with us for more yummy dishes and recipes.