Ever tried making an exotic recipe using basic ingredients from the kitchen? If not, then this recipe is all that you need. The recipe is for Salmorejo.
Salmorejo is a cold puree of tomato and bread with other condiments. It is served in almost every restaurant in Spain. Nothing is better than a cold bowl of Salmorejo on a hot day. It is one of those dishes which are delicious as well as super healthy.
To prepare Salmorejo, scald the tomatoes and peel off the skin. Make a puree out of these tomatoes. Fill a baguette with tomato puree. In a blending jar, add garlic, salt, vinegar, tomato puree and bread, add oil while blending. Add the eggs and blend again. Season with salt and refrigerate it and serve cold.
It is an easy recipe and will freshen you up after a tiring day. You will get to know more about the process of scalding the tomatoes below in the recipe. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Texas BBQ Sauce– This is a combination of sweet and spicy. It has a bold taste which makes it best to be paired with meats like chicken, pork, and beef. This sauce is rich in flavor and worth all the efforts that go into making it.
2. Texas Salsa– Texas restaurant-style salsa will have a perfect consistency. It will neither be chunky nor thin. This salsa will be great as a dip or can be used in any Texas-Mexican dish.
3. Red Chile Sauce– Red Chile sauce is very popular in Mexico and people there use it as a substitute for their regular tomato ketchup. This sauce is also called red chili enchilada sauce.
4. Orange Marmalade– Marmalade cannot only make any food look glossy, but it also makes it more delicious. Today I will be telling you in preparing orange marmalade at home.
- Small Bowl
- 8 Medium Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Baguette
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Small Garlic Clove
- Splash of Sherry Vinegar
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Sliced Serrano ham
- Scald the tomatoes before peeling off the skin. To scald the tomatoes, cut them at the bottom of each tomato. Boil the tomatoes in salted water. After boiling for a minute, remove them and place them in cold water. Peel the skin.
- Remove the core of the tomatoes and blend them at high speed. Blend the tomatoes till they are all crushed. This may take 30 seconds.
- Take a baguette and remove its crumb from the inside. Add this crumb to the tomatoes and let the bread soak the tomato juice. This will take 5 minutes.
- Now, add salt, vinegar and garlic to the tomato and bread mixture. Blend them all together to get an even texture-out of them. Gradually add olive oil while you are blending.
- Add the eggs and blend the mixture again—season with salt as per the taste.
- Refrigerate the mixture till it gets chilled.
- Serve this dish in small bowls and add diced boiled eggs and sliced ham to it.
- Serve cold.
Try this recipe at home and share your reviews and experience while making the recipe. I will be glad to know your reviews. Also, I would like to hear your suggestions regarding any recipe. Let me know if you like to know about certain recipe. I will be delighted to help you. Bon Appetite!