FRIENDS is always my favourite series. Whenever I see Rachel and Phoebe having salmon, that creates a curiosity in me that how could something like salmon be so tasty? I remember one episode when Rachel talked about sushi and Phoebe chimes in and says- yeah, it is. Rachel then says I would kill someone for a salmon skin roll.
Most people are a great fan of sushi these days. But salmon skin is crazy cheap, so it’s worth making it at home. All we need to purchase the salmon with the skin at a local fishmonger. The layer of fat attached to the skin gradually melts during cooking and makes it crispy.
For those who love sea food alot, the salmon skin roll could be a great option and anyone can make them at home with this recipe. And can enjoy it with friends and family on a beautiful evening. Now, I will tell you about the ingredients we need to use in this Salmon Skin Roll recipe
Ingredients for Salmon Skin Roll
|Japanese Rice||2 cups|
|Short Grain Sushi Rice||1 1/2 cup|
|Salmon Skin||1/2 pound|
|Sesame Seeds||1 tbsp|
These ingredients are easily available at home, grab them and get ready to make yummy salmon skin rolls. We need rice to make rice sushi and a pinch of sesame seeds to sprinkle on it. Other ingredients are given in the table above. Now we will check the time that we need to invest in making Salmon skin rolls at home.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||15 minutes||20 minutes|
It will take around 20 minutes to make Salmon skin rolls at home. I would say it is the quickest snack we can make at home. Now let’s check out the directions you need to follow to make Salmon Skin Roll.
Salmon Skin Roll Recipe
- Rinse the rice 2 or 3 times to remove extra starch and cook them in a cooker for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Now mix the rice with vinegar in a bowl, add sugar and sprinkle sesame seeds, and then stir it properly.
- Now rinse the salmon skin and dry it. Take a pan and lay a parchment sheet, sprinkle some salt on it and boil on high heat for 4 to 7 mins, until crisp and golden color appears.
- Cool it and cut it into strips
- In a saucepan, add tamari, brown sugar and mirin. Heat it until the sugar dissolves and the sauce reduces by half and is thickened.
- Put salmon skin in a bowl and rinse it properly. Now sprinkle some salt on a parchment-lined sheet pan and broil on high heat for 4-7 minutes.
- Spread the nori on rice in a thin layer. Lay some salmon skins, cucumber, avocado and cress along one edge. Roll them up into bite-sized portions. Drizzle the pieces with some eel sauce.
Your salmon skin rolls are ready to serve. Drizzle the pieces with some eel sauce and you are going to love it.
Nutritional Breakdown of Salmon Skin Rolls:
Salmon is a great source of some vital nutrients. That is why I’ve added the nutritional breakdown of this Salmon Rolls below.
How to Make Salmon Skin Rolls at Home | Video
Here is a video for your better understanding. So if you have any confusion with the recipe, you can watch this video and make this dish at home with its help.
Give a try to this recipe and if you have any queries, then ask your question in the comment section. I’ll be happy to answer all your queries. Till then, Eat healthily and Stay healthy!