The recipe for today is the salmon belly. It is a very famous recipe around the globe. People from every part of the Pacific and Northern Region enjoy this recipe a lot. The recipe is basically from Norway but got famous in many parts of the world including South America and Japan.
Salmon is known for its pink flesh and many health benefits. This fish is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and helps in regulating blood pressure and helps your bones to get stronger. This recipe has many nutrients like protein, Vitamin B, and good fats.
To make a salmon belly, coat the salmon belly with flour. Heat oil in a pan and fry the salmon in it until golden brown and crispy. Then, add a few drops of oil to another pan. Add onions, carrots, cabbage, and sprouted beans to it and saute them for some time. Garnish them with sesame seeds and green onions.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Baked Whole Trout– Fish is a great food to constitute in your meals. Today, I will be sharing a recipe of baked whole trout that can be made at home easily.
2. Chicken Tetrazzini– This Chicken Tetrazzini is easy, creamy, cheesy, delicious, and loved by everyone! It’s classic comfort food and a perfect dinner for the entire family.
3. Butternut Squash Lasagna– Cooking lasagna might look like a task to you. But this recipe will make turn this thought of yours into a myth. It is an easy recipe. You can even make this recipe ahead of the serving day and freeze it.
4. Pork Picnic Shoulder– Picnic shoulder is the most flavorful part of the meat. It is tough to cook, which is why it requires a lot of time as it has to be cooked slowly.
Salmon Belly Recipe
- 500 g Salmon Belly
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Flour
- 1 large Onion (chopped)
- ½ cup Carrots (julienned)
- 2 cups Green Cabbage (chopped)
- Green Onions (chopped) (for garnish)
- Sesame Seeds (for garnish)
- 4 teaspoons Avocado
- 2 cups Bean Sprouts
- Cut the salmon and wash it properly with cold water. Dry the salmon with some paper towel and season it with some salt and pepper.
- Coat this salmon with some flour. Meanwhile, heat some oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Now, add this salmon belly and fry it for about 3 minutes until it turns golden brown and a crust is formed over them.
- Now, take these salmon out of the pan. Add a few drops of oil in another pan. Add onions and carrots to it. Sauté them for 3 minutes. Then, add the cabbage and sprouted beans in it.
- Serve the vegetables over the rice with salmon on the top. Sprinkle sesame seeds on the top and garnish it with green onions.