Salmon belly is a very famous recipe around the globe. People from every part of the Pacific and Northern Region enjoy this recipe a lot. The recipe is basically from Norway but got famous in many parts of the world including South America and Japan.
But what is salmon? For those who don’t know, Salmon is kind of a fish that has a really good taste and is known for its pink flesh and many health benefits. This fish is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and helps in regulating blood pressure and helps your bones to get stronger. This recipe has many nutrients like Protein, Vitamin B and Good Fats.
So, after knowing its health benefits, I think you must have made up your mind to try this Salmon Belly recipe at home. Then let’s make it. To begin with, we must have the necessary ingredients required to make this recipe. Here is the list of ingredients in the table below.
Ingredients for Salmon Belly
|Salmon belly||500 gm|
|Salt and black pepper||To taste|
|Julienned carrots||½ cups|
|Green cabbage||2 cups|
|Bean sprouts||2 cups|
|Sesame seeds||For garnish|
|Green onions||Chopped for garnish|
So the ingredients are ready and you can get them from your nearest supermarket or grocery store.
This recipe is very easy to make and takes almost no time of yours to get completed. Here is the complete time frame required this recipe.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|6 minutes||9 minutes||15 minutes|
See it takes almost no time. Now let’s move to the most important and final stage, that is the steps to make this Salmon Belly at home.
Salmon Belly Recipe
- Cut the salmon and wash them properly with cold water. Dry the salmon with some paper towel and season it with some salt and pepper.
- Coat this salmon with some flour and meanwhile heat some oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Now add this salmon belly and fry it until golden brown in color for about 3 minutes. Rinse out the excessive oil and fry them until a crust is formed over them.
- Now take these salmon out of the pan and add a few drops of oil in it and add onions and carrots, sauté them for 3 minutes and then add the cabbage and sprouted beans in it.
- Now serve with vegetables over the rice with salmon on the top. Add sesame seeds on the top and garnish with green onions.
And your salmon belly is ready to eat. This recipe will even taste better if you try this with some Teriyaki Sauce over it.
Nutritional Breakdown of Salmon Belly
The nutritional values of this recipe are very important for all. So here is the complete breakdown of its nutritional values for your ease.
How to Make Salmon Belly at Home | Video
This recipe is quite easy and simple. You can make it very easily. But if you need any kind of help regarding this recipe, then here is a video that will help you out.
Thanks for your interest in this recipe and I hope you have liked it. Please tell us your views about its taste and any other experience in the comments box below. Till then, stay tuned for more such recipes and keep cooking.