Cake is the most liked dessert around the world. Today I will be sharing a recipe of Saffron Milk Cake. It is not a classic tea cake or whipped cream cake but a Tres Leche cake. I hope you like this recipe.
Saffron Milk Cake is a version of tres leches cakes. It was originated in Middle East. Looking at the cake, no one can resist a slice of it. This applies to me perfectly. I am fond of cakes too. You must have heard of Saffron milk. It has numerous health benefits. But have you ever heard of a saffron cake? If not, don’t be worried. You will know about the cake through this recipe.
Making this Saffron Milk Cake by baking a saffron cake, then preparing the sweetened milk in which it is served and finally making whipped cream that has to be topped over the cake before it is served. This cake is tastes rich because of the saffron flavor, milk and silvered pistachios added in it.
You will get the steps to be followed in the recipe further. It is an easy recipe. It makes a great dessert to be served to your guests. If you have kids at your place, they will also love it. And it is good for them with the benefits of saffron in it. Let’s see what the ingredients required to make this rich cake are.
Ingredients For Saffron Milk Cake
For Saffron Cake
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Saffron Threads
- 1 tablespoon Hot Water
- 100 grams Butter (softened to room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
For Sweetened Milk To Soak The Cake
- 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Condensed Milk
- A pinch of Saffron Threads
For The Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 1/2 cups Whipping Cream Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cup Icing Sugar
- Slivered pistachios
- Dried Roses
- Pinch Of Saffron
I would suggest you write them up and make a list of the ingredients. This will help you in collecting them and also in preparing the recipe. Till you do this, let me tell the preparation time of this delicious cake.
How Much Time It Will Take To Prepare Saffron Milk Cake?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 minutes||25 minutes||40 minutes|
Looking at the long list of ingredients, you must consider this recipe to have a prolonged and complicated preparation process. You will be glad to know that making this cake will take less than an hour. You must be relieved now. Take a look at how it is done.
Steps To Make Saffron Milk Cake
For Saffron Cake
- Set the oven on preheat at 170 degrees C.
- Take a bowl and whisk flour and baking powder in it.
- In a small bowl, pour 1 tablespoon of hot water and add some saffron threads. Let it rest till it releases the aroma.
- Using a standing mixer or hand mixer, whisk butter and sugar on medium-high speed for 5-7 minutes. Whisk till it gets fluffy and pale.
- Add one egg at a time in this mixture and blend it at medium speed.
- Now, add saffron water and vanilla to it and mix them well. Do not overmix them.
- Grease a baking pan of 8×8 inch with butter. Transfer this batter and bake it for 25 minutes. Once done, prick it with a toothpick to check if its cooked or not.
- Remove it from the oven and set it aside. Till then, prepare the sweetened milk.
For Sweetened Milk
- Take a pot and add milk, whipping cream, condensed milk and saffron to boiling. After a boil, reduce the flame to a minimum of 5 minutes. Once done, set it aside.
- Poke the cake with a skewer or fork and make pores all over the cake.
- Pour half of the sweetened milk over the cake. Keep it aside.
For Whipped Cream Topping
- In a bowl of a mixer, add whipping cream and sugar. Whisk them together at high speed for 5 minutes or till soft peaks form. Do not over whisk them as it will turn into butter.
- Spread this mixture over the cake. Cover the cake and put it in the refrigerator overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Cut the squares of saffron milk cake. Place an individual square of cake on a serving plate. Pour 2-3 tablespoons of sweetened milk on the plate.
- Garnish it with dried roses, slivered pistachios and a pinch of saffron.
Like saffron milk is beneficial for us to consume, this saffron milk cake will also benefit us from saffron. So enjoy your slice of cake without any guilt.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Saffron Milk Cake
Let check how much nutritional value does this saffron cake with milk has.
How To Make Saffron Milk Cake At Home | Video
In any case, you are not clear of any step involved in this recipe, I have uploaded the video. Do watch the video once to know about every detail.
Try this recipe and share your reviews in the comment section below. I will be happy to know how much you liked the recipe. Not just this, you are free to share any suggestion or a recipe you would love to know more about. I will be happy to help you. For now, grab your share of saffron cake. Enjoy the sweetness!