Cake is the most liked dessert around the world. Today I will be sharing a recipe of Saffron Milk Cake. It is not a classic tea cake or whipped cream cake but a Tres Leche cake. I hope you like this recipe.
Saffron Milk Cake is a version of tres leches cakes. It was originated in Middle East. Looking at the cake, no one can resist a slice of it. This applies to me perfectly. I am fond of cakes too. You must have heard of Saffron milk. It has numerous health benefits. But have you ever heard of a saffron cake? If not, don’t be worried. You will know about the cake through this recipe.
Making this Saffron Milk Cake by baking a saffron cake, then preparing the sweetened milk in which it is served and finally making whipped cream that has to be topped over the cake before it is served. This cake is tastes rich because of the saffron flavor, milk and silvered pistachios added in it.
You will get the steps to be followed in the recipe further. It is an easy recipe. It makes a great dessert to be served to your guests. If you have kids at your place, they will also love it. And it is good for them with the benefits of saffron in it. If you love cakes, then you should definitely check out the other cake recipes that I’ve handpicked just for you.
1. Macaron Cake– This cake which I must say is the legacy of French baking. You will like the sweet and sour combination of the raspberries and the lemon juice that are assorted together and makes your taste buds go crazy.
2. Almond Cake– Almond cake is soft, fluffy with finely grounded almonds and a dash of lemon flavor in it. This recipe is easy to make. It will be a great help in a situation when you get an unexpected visit from guests.
3. Garden Harvest Cake– This cake is different from other cakes because it is healthy because of the fact that it has some healthy ingredients in it like Apple, Zucchini and Carrot. And it was so fun to make this cake for the first time.
4. Funnel Cake Bites– Funnel Cake Bites are golden fluffy sweet nuggets dusted with powdered sugar. They are crisp on the outside but soft inside. I assure you that once you taste them, you can’t stop yourself from having a dozen of them in a row.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Saffron Milk Cake?
- Bowl – Take a bowl to mix all the components evenly.
- Whisk – Whisk all the elements to achieve a smooth texture of the batter.
- Baking Tray – Bake the cake in the baking tray.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Saffron Milk Cake?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 minutes||25 minutes||40 minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Saffron Milk?
For The Cake
- All-Purpose Flour – All-purpose flour is the base for making the saffron milk cake., Add half a cup of flour to the cake batter.
- Baking Powder – A teaspoon of baking powder wil help in raising the dough.
- Saffron Threads – Mix the saffron threads with hot water and add it to cake batter.
- Hot Water – Bring out the saffron flavor and color by mixing it with a cup of hot water.
- Butter Oil – Keep the cake moist with a teaspoon of butter oil.
- Powdered Sugar – Add sugar as per your taste.
- Eggs – For a firm binding of the cake, add two eggs and whisk them with other components nicely until it is frothy.
- Vanilla Extract – Add aromatic flavors with a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
For Sweetened Milk To Soak The Cake
- Milk – For making milk sauce, take a cup of whole fat milk.
- Whipping Cream – Spread a scoop of whipped cream on the top of saffron milk cake.
- Condensed Milk – Condensed milk is sweet and thick. Add half a cup of condensed milk to improve the texture of the milk sauce.
- Saffron Threads – Mix some of the saffron threads with the milk to pour on the top of the cake.
- Slivered pistachios – Top up the saffron milk with some pistachios.
- Dried Roses – Add a few dried roses to beautify the cake.
- Pinch Of Saffron – Spread some crushed saffron threads on the top of the cake.
Steps To Make Saffron Milk Cake
For Saffron Cake
- Set the oven on preheat at 170 degrees C.
- Take a bowl and whisk flour and baking powder in it.
- In a small bowl, pour 1 tablespoon of hot water and add some saffron threads. Let it rest till it releases the aroma.
- Using a standing mixer or hand mixer, whisk butter and sugar on medium-high speed for 5-7 minutes. Whisk till it gets fluffy and pale.
- Add one egg at a time in this mixture and blend it at medium speed.
- Now, add saffron water and vanilla to it and mix them well. Do not overmix them.
- Grease a baking pan of 8×8 inch with butter. Transfer this batter and bake it for 25 minutes. Once done, prick it with a toothpick to check if its cooked or not.
- Remove it from the oven and set it aside. Till then, prepare the sweetened milk.
For Sweetened Milk
- Take a pot and add milk, whipping cream, condensed milk and saffron to boiling. After a boil, reduce the flame to a minimum of 5 minutes. Once done, set it aside.
- Poke the cake with a skewer or fork and make pores all over the cake.
- Pour half of the sweetened milk over the cake. Keep it aside.
For Whipped Cream Topping
- In a bowl of a mixer, add whipping cream and sugar. Whisk them together at high speed for 5 minutes or till soft peaks form. Do not over whisk them as it will turn into butter.
- Spread this mixture over the cake. Cover the cake and put it in the refrigerator overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Cut the squares of saffron milk cake. Place an individual square of cake on a serving plate. Pour 2-3 tablespoons of sweetened milk on the plate.
- Garnish it with dried roses, slivered pistachios and a pinch of saffron.
Like saffron milk is beneficial for us to consume, this saffron milk cake will also benefit us from saffron. So enjoy your slice of cake without any guilt.
How Will Saffron Milk Look And Taste Like?
Saffron Milk Cake Recipe
- Baking Tray
- Milk take a cup of whole fat milk.
- Whipping Cream
- Condensed Milk
- Saffron Threads
In any case, you are not clear of any step involved in this recipe, I have uploaded the video. Do watch the video once to know about every detail.
Try this recipe and share your reviews in the comment section below. I will be happy to know how much you liked the recipe. Not just this, you are free to share any suggestion or a recipe you would love to know more about. I will be happy to help you. For now, grab your share of the saffron cake. Enjoy the sweetness!