Want to serve rice with your amazing and flavorful curries and stir-fries? Well, why not make the rice fragrant and flavorful as well? Enter saffron basmati rice.
This rice is great in flavor and has an amazing aroma and a slight tint. Plus, it is so versatile that you can create an entire meal around it.
Saffron basmati rice is very easy to make. It can be prepared within 40 minutes. All you have to do is cook rice by boiling it in water. Prepare saffron water, pour it over rice, and your job is done!
I’m sharing the most basic recipe for saffron rice with you. But there are many more variations of it that you can try out.
In the sections below, I will share details about all these variations so that you can prepare a delectable meal.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Saffron Basmati Rice?
- Medium-Sized Pot – You will need a medium-sized pot to cook the rice.
- Bowl – A bowl will be required to make saffron water.
- Spoon – A serving spoon will be required to mix the rice.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Saffron Basmati Rice?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||35 Minutes||45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Saffron Basmati Rice?
- Basmati Rice – To make saffron rice, you will need two cups of basmati rice.
- Water – To cook the rice, you will need four cups of water.
- Vegetable Oil – To prevent the rice from sticking together, you will need 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Salt – No meal is complete without salt. Here you can add salt according to your taste.
- Saffron – To make saffron rice, you will need a pinch of saffron ( 4-6 strands of saffron).
- Hot Water – To make saffron release its color and fragrance, you will need one teaspoon of hot water.
Steps To Make Saffron Basmati Rice
1. Prepare Basmati Rice
Take a medium-sized pot and add rice to it. Rinse the rice 2-3 times until the water becomes clear. Place the pot over high heat, and add oil and salt. Boil the rice over high heat.
Cook the rice by covering it until all the water has been absorbed by it.
2. Make Saffron Solution
In a bowl, add hot water and a pinch of saffron. Allow the saffron to release its color and aroma.
3. Mix Saffron And Rice
Take half a cup of cooked rice and pour the saffron water over it. Mix the rice to coat it evenly with saffron water. Then mix this rice with the rest of the rice.
Basmati Saffron Rice Variations
The recipe you read above is for preparing basic basmati saffron rice. You can make this rice dish more aromatic and flavorful by garnishing it with sliced fried onions or adding more flavors to it by adding cardamom or cloves.
Sliced fried onions make for a great garnish. They add a crispy texture to the rice and have a caramelized flavor. On the other hand, cardamom and cloves add warm flavors and depth to the dishes.
|Saturated Fat||0.5 grams|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 grams|
|Trans Fat||0.02 gram|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 gram|
How Will Saffron Basmati Saffron Rice Look And Taste?
Basmati Saffron is a fragrant and flavorful rice that tastes delicious. The saffron brings its signature sweet and floral taste. A pinch of saffron goes a long way.
As for the looks, the rice catches a vibrant yellow color released from saffron.
Saffron Basmati Rice Recipe
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- a pinch Saffron
- 1-2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 4 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Hot Water
- Take a medium-sized pot and add rice to it. Rinse the rice 2-3 times until the water becomes clear.
- Place the pot over high heat, and add oil and salt. Boil the rice over high heat.
- Cook the rice until all the water has been absorbed by it.
- In a bowl, add hot water and a pinch of saffron.
- Allow the saffron to release its color and aroma.
- Take half a cup of cooked rice and pour the saffron water over it.
- Mix the rice to coat it evenly with saffron water. Then mix this rice with the rest of the rice.
- Your Basmati saffron rice is ready to be served.
Try out the basmati saffron rice recipe and tell me how it turned out to be in the comments section below.
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
What is basmati saffron rice?
Basmati saffron rice is saffron rice infused with a floral and sweet taste and yellow color from saffron.
What does basmati saffron rice taste like?
Basmati saffron rice has a delicate and complex flavor that brings earthy and floral tones to the dish.
What is Basmati rice?
Basmati rice is a long-grained rice known for its unique aroma and taste.
How much time does it take to make basmati saffron rice?
You can prepare saffron basmati rice in 40 minutes.