If you love croutons then, you should know that homemade croutons taste the best. You can easily make rye croutons with leftover rye bread. They are really easy to make and get ready in no time.
I love to have croutons in my soup. The crunch they add to the soup is what I like the most about them. Whenever I make soup at home, I always make croutons to add to them. I also add these delicious and crispy croutons to my salad. The croutons give a great texture to the meal.
To make rye croutons, heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and bread cubes to it and saute for some time. Then, take out the garlic and lay the bread cubes on a baking tray. Bake them in a preheated oven for 5 minutes. The rye croutons are ready to serve.
This was just a brief summary of the recipe. You can find the complete recipe below. But before going to the full recipe, do check out other bread recipes as well.
1. Panettone Bread– Panettone is an Italian type of sweet bread originally from Milan, usually prepared and enjoyed for Christmas and New Year in Western, Southern, and Southeastern Europe.
2. Rosca de Reyes– Rosca means ‘wreath’ and Reyes means ‘king.’ So, Rosca de Reyes means ‘King’s Wreath’ when translated. That is why the bread is shaped like a wreath.
3. Ciabatta Rolls– Ciabatta rolls were originally made in Adria, Italy, in the year 1982 by a baker. I love the texture of this bread. It is the perfect bread for making sandwiches and burgers.
4. Yufka– Yufka is a type of Turkish flatbread. It is very thin and goes great when made into Shawarma roll. You can easily make it at home though it is a bit time-consuming.
Ingredients for Rye Croutons
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic (smashed)
- 3 1-inch thick slices Rye Bread (cut into cubes)
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Rye Croutons?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes||20 Minutes|
Steps to Make Rye Croutons
- Preheat the oven to 350oF.
- Take a large skillet and heat some oil in it.
- Add garlic and bread in it and sauté over medium flame. Cook the bread on each side till it turns brown.
- Transfer the bread to the baking sheet. Discard the garlic. Bake the bread cubes for 5 minutes till they get dry. Serve them with soup, salad, or chowder.
Note- You can store the croutons in an air-tight container for few weeks.
Nutritional Breakdown of Rye Croutons
Let’s see what level of nutrition does these croutons have.