Whenever I used to eat soup or pasta, I always want something like bread as sidelong. Last week, I was at an Italian restaurant and when I ordered soup, meatballs, and pasta. They served Rustic Italian Bread with it.
Now you guys must be thinking that what is Rustic Bread?
Rustic Bread is bread made from flour and its crust is like sandwich bread. It is made from the baking process and it has a crisper crust. To keep it fresh, you can store it in the breadbox, bread drawer. But never wrap this bread in a plastic wrap because to keep the crust crispy, air is required.
After I read this information, I searched about the Rustic Italian Bread recipe and I got the one. I made Rustic Italian Bread and served it in dinner with pasta and soup to my guests and they loved it.
So today, I thought to share Rustic Italian Bread Recipe with my lovely people over here. But first, you have to gather all the ingredients that are required to make this Bread at home.
Ingredients For Rustic Italian Bread
|Bread Flour||2 Cups|
|Instant Yeast||1/4 tsp|
|Bread Flour||3 Cups|
|Instant Yeast||1 tsp|
|Water||1 1/3 Cup|
The ingredients are not much in number and are easy to grab. You will find these ingredients anywhere at your nearest supermarket or grocery store. The ingredients that we are using are free from any type of included preservatives or any health-harming agents.
This bread will take enough of your time and will test your patience. You have to wait for 1 whole day to make this beautiful Rustic Italian Bread. The time distribution is done below for your convenience.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|45 Mins||45 Mins||90 Mins|
That’s a lot of time actually, but the more you wait, the tastier will be the food. Just keep the patience and you will get exceptional bread that you have never ever tasted in your life.
So the next step is really interesting and my personal favorite. So, let’s check out the directions to make this bread at home.
Rustic Italian Bread Recipe
- Transfer the kneaded dough to a bowl with plastic wrap and when the bubble started rises after 3 hours.
- Keep the dough in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- While you are preparing for dough, remove the sponge from the refrigerator and leave at room temperature.
- Add flour, yeast, water in a mixer and knead the mixture for 3 minutes, and after 3 minutes and transfer the dough to a bowl and wrap it with plastic paper, leave for 20 minutes to rest.
- From the bowl, remove the plastic wrap and add salt, knead the dough for 4 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the bowl and lift the dough from the center and lift the dough and place it from the other side. Again place the plastic wrap and leave for 1 hour.
- Repeat the process of replacing plastic wrap and rinse for 1 hour.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough accordingly.
- From the corner fold the corners and transfer the dough to sheet of parchment paper.
- Make the shape of dough in football shape and rinse for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven at 500 degrees.
- From the top of the loaf cut the bread in long slits with a sharp knife and spray the loaf with lightly with water.
- Slide the parchment sheet and peel off and place the loaf in a baking stone in the oven.
- For 10 minutes, reduce the temperature at 400 degrees F and cook until it will turn into deep golden brown and check the temperature with reading thermometer after 40 minutes when it reaches 210 degrees.
- When the loaf is baked, cool it for 2 hours.
Finally, Rustic Italian Bread is ready. Try this bread with soup or pasta and you’ll definitely love it.
Nutritional Facts Of Rustic Italian Bread
This bread will add to your health as it contains no harmful ingredients, no excess oil, no extra fats and no other elements that everyone is scared of. But for you, I am providing a complete nutritional breakdown of this Rustic Italian Bread.
How To Make Rustic Italian Bread at Home | Video
Before trying this bread at home, I recommend all of you to watch this baking process of Rustic Italian Bread.
I hope you have liked this recipe. I think you should have tea or drink with it, which will make it taste even better. Do tell us your experiences and valuable reviews about this recipe in the comments box below. Till then, stay tuned for more such content.