If you are from Nebraska, then you must be aware of Runza Casserole, but do you know about Runza Casserole Recipe? If not, then I will provide you with the Runza Casserole Recipe which I get from my friend who is from Nebraska.
But first let’s see who invented Runza?
Donald Everett Sr. invented Runza.
What Is Runza?
Runza is made from yeast bread pockets which consist of cabbage, beef or onions, sauerkraut, and seasoning which you can be made in different shapes and sizes.
When I was In the US, I went to Nebraska to meet my college friend. When I was at her home after some chit chat, she made Runza Casserole for me and I found it so tasty. I ate it twice and before leaving her home, I asked her about Runza Casserole Recipe.
She gave me the recipe with detailed instructions and guidelines. When I came back home, I made it for my parents they also loved it. Then I thought to share Runza Casserole Recipe with my lovely people over here. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Parsleyed Corn On The Cob– Parsleyed corn on the cob is a dish that can be served as a great snack. This recipe is very good for your taste buds! It is also very easy to make and gets prepared in no time.
2. Grilled Stuffed Peppers– Grilled stuffed peppers is an amazing meal for dinner. It is quite delicious. With seasonings and proper grilling, this dish can be carved to perfection. Also, you will be quite amazed to know that Grilled Stuffed Peppers can be served as an appetizer, main dish as well as a side dish.
3. Steak Nachos– Having Tortilla Chips layered with steak, melted cheese, beans, salsa and many other ingredients is just a treat to have.
4. Texas Trash– Texas Trash recipe is a fine embodiment of boldness and hugeness just like Texas City. It is an important snack to be served in either parties or weekend gatherings.
Ingredients for the Runza Casserole
|Crescent Rolls||16 ounce|
|Ground Beef||1 1/2 lbs|
|Chopped Yellow Onion||1|
|Cheddar Cheese||1 1/2 Cups|
When I was trying Runza Casserole for the first time, I was thinking that it is time-consuming but I was wrong. So let’s see the proper timings.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Mins||25 Mins||30 Mins|
When I was sitting at my friend’s residence, she catered me Runza Casserole. The moment I took the first bite, I was curious to know how to make Runza Casserole at home. I know you are also excited and now you are just one step away from the recipe Runza Casserole.
Runza Casserole Recipe
- At 350 degrees, preheat the oven and use cooking spray to spray baking dish and set aside.
- Place one tube of crescent rolls on the prepared pan, for 5 minutes.
- In a skillet add ground beef and cook it over medium heat until beef turns brown.
- To move meat from the edges of the skillet, use spatula. In the skillet add butter with onions, salt and pepper, cook for 2 minutes.
- In the skillet, add cabbage and cook for 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add crescent layer over the top, pour the cabbage-meat mixture with a layer of shredded cheddar cheese with remaining crescent roll dough.
Finally, Runza Casserole is ready to serve to your guests now. Try this recipe at your home and I bet everyone will love it.
Nutritional Facts Of Runza Casserole
Most of the people nowadays are a health-conscious person, then I’ve added the nutritional breakdown of the Runza Casserole below
How To Make Runza Casserole at Home | Video
When I was trying to make Runza Casserole for the first time, I saw a video on YouTube regarding its recipe. I’ve added a video of the recipe of Runza Casserole, so it’ll be easier for you to make it at home.
I hope you liked this recipe of Runza Casserole. Serve it to your guests and share their and your meaningful review with us in the comment section below. Stay tuned for more recipes like these