The rum soaked cake recipe is a very special kind. It’s a moist and delicious cake with an interesting rum taste that will make you fall in love with it.
The rum-soaked cake is heavenly and intensely satiating. Let’s find out more about the recipe.
You’ll love this moist and flavorful cake with a hint of rum flavor. We start by preparing the cake batter and flavoring it with rum. Then we’ll bake the cake for one hour in the oven.
Once baked, prepare the rum glaze and drizzle it over the cake. This glaze is perfect to flavor the cake and makes it super tasty.
The rum-soaked cake is best to prepare for your Christmas holidays. The cake is prepared with readymade cake premixes, so it’s easy for you to make a quick dessert on busy holidays. This recipe is quite simple to understand, even for the novice cook.
If you want a nice final touch to the cake, sprinkle the powdered sugar on top. It will make a huge difference in terms of the look of the cake.
So, hey! I hope you are now quite excited to bake this cake. Find a complete recipe guide that includes an ingredients list, equipment needed, and some tips. Have a lovely Christmas to you!
What Are The Baking Tips For Making Rum Soaked Cake?
When baking a rum-soaked cake, remember a few things to ensure that your cake comes out perfectly. Here are some tips:
- Make sure to use dark rum for soaking the cake. It will give the cake a deeper flavor.
- If you want a stronger rum flavor, you can increase the rum you use for soaking. Just make sure to decrease the number of other liquids in the recipe so that the cake is manageable.
- When measuring the rum, be precise. Too much or too little rum can ruin the cake.
- Soak the cake overnight for the best results. This will allow all of the flavors to meld together, resulting in an incredibly moist and delicious cake.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Rum Soaked Cake?
- Oven – Bake the delicious and flavor-packed cake in the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bundt Pan – Grease the bundt pan with butter and dust some flour.
- Bowl – Combine all the cake ingredients in the large bowl.
- Electric Mixer – Beat the cake batter at a medium speed using an electric mixer.
- Saucepan – Make the sugary glaze in the saucepan.
- Spatula – Use a wooden spatula to mix the ingredients.
- Wire Rack – Place the bundt cake on the wire rack to cool down completely.
- Plate – Transfer the cake to the plate to soak it with rum glaze.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Rum Soaked Cake?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes||1 Hour 40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Rum Soaked Cake?
- Eggs – You’ll need four eggs for this recipe. They will make the cake rich and fluffy.
- Oil – Add oil to the cake batter as it keeps the cake moist for longer. However, you won’t taste oil as the rum will mask its taste.
- Butter – Flavor the bundt cake with salted butter.
- Dark Rum – Because the cake is called rum-soaked, dark rum becomes our primary ingredient. For a stronger and more intense rum taste, use dark rum.
- Water – Add water to the saucepan along with sugar. It will help make a sugary syrup.
- Yellow Cake Mix – This yellow cake mix is used to make the cake base. It’s a readymade cake flour that contains sugar, flour, and leavening powder, so you don’t need anything extra.
- French Vanilla Pudding Mix – Okay! So, the French vanilla pudding mix adds additional flavors to the cake. Also, it adds to the cake’s moistness and gives a denser texture to it.
- Sugar – With sugar, we’ll be able to make a tasteful and transparent glaze.
Steps To Make Rum-Soaked Cake
1. Before You Start
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the bundt pan with butter and dust all-purpose flour.
2. Make Cake Batter
In a large bowl, combine yellow cake mix, French vanilla instant pudding mix, eggs, oil, and ½ cup rum. Mix with an electric mixer until the batter is smooth.
3. Bake Time
Pour the batter into the bundt pan. Bake the cake for one hour in the preheated oven. Once the cake is made, remove it from the oven. Place the cake on the wire rack and let it cool down.
4. Transfer the cake
Now transfer the cake to the serving plate. Using a toothpick, prick the cake with small holes. So it will absorb the glaze properly.
5. Prepare Glaze
For this cake, we’ll prepare the rum glaze. So to make it, gather all the ingredients for rum glaze. Take a saucepan and put it on medium flame. Stir in butter and melt it.
Whisk in water and sugar. Mix well. This glaze is used to brush over the top of the cake before serving, giving it a lovely shine.
Bring butter and sugar to a light boil and cook for five minutes. Keep stirring constantly.
Now remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in dark rum. Allow the glaze to cool down before we apply it to the cake.
6. Drizzle Over Cake
Now it’s time to drizzle the glaze over the cake. The glaze is quite smooth and nice after it cools down. Slowly pour the rum glaze over the bundt cake.
The glaze will be completely infused into the cake and make it moist. The rum-soaked cake is ready to enjoy your holiday.
How Will Rum Soaked Cake Look And Taste Like?
The rum-soaked cake is a super moist, fluffy, and dense cake. It’s a rum-soaked cake to perfection. The cake has vanilla flavors along with an intense dark rum taste.
It’s a lovely combination to serve along with your Christmas dinner. It looks light brown and appealing on the dinner table.
Rum Soaked Cake Recipe
- 4 Eggs (room temperature)
- ½ cup Oil
- 4 oz Butter
- 1 cup Dark Rum
- 2¼ cup Water
- 15.25 oz Yellow Cake Mix
- 3.75 oz French Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 cup Sugar
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What type of rum should you use in the rum cake?
You can use both light rum and dark rum. For more intense flavor, go for the dark rum.
Why is my rum cake dry?
Your rum cake can become dry if you overbake it in the oven. Ensure you bake the cake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour. Moreover, add eggs, butter, and oil while making the cake batter. All these ingredients will help make the cake moist and fluffy.
How long does a rum cake stay fresh?
You can store the rum cake in the refrigerator for about four to five days. Later on, it will start becoming dry. Make sure you store the rum cake in an airtight container.
How to make rum glaze?
To make rum glaze, bring the water, butter, and sugar to a light boil for two to three minutes and then cook on a low flame for five minutes. The rum glaze is ready.
How do you glaze the rum cake?
Poke the cake with a skewer and make small holes. When you drizzle the glaze over the cake, it will absorb the rum flavor nicely.
There you have it, a delicious and easy-to-follow recipe for a rum-soaked cake. This cake is sure to please anyone who enjoys the occasional tipple, making for a great dessert or snack.
So next time you’re feeling in the mood for something sweet and alcoholic, why not give this recipe a try? You won’t be disappointed!