As a drink lover, our fantasy world takes us to the world where everything is made up of rum but as we all know, it is just a mirage nothing else. But have you ever think of making Rum Cake? If yes, then you are at the right place because in the coming lines, I will provide you Rum Cake Recipe.
But before I give you the recipe I will clear some doubt of yours. Most of people are not aware of what is rum? Rum is a liquor made from fermenting sugarcane and produced is the Caribbean and America.
Now, the next thing which came in our mind is What is Rum Cake? Rum Cake is a dessert that has rum and usually eaten by people in the Caribbean. On what occasion you should eat Rum Cake? You can have rum cake on the holiday season, Thanksgiving, St. Patrick’s Day, etc.
There are myriad names which are given to rum cake and I will share some with you also. Rum Cake is also known as “Black Cake” and “Figgy Pudding”. Now the main question arises from where I learned to make this Rum Cake?
I learned to make this Rum Cake from my uncle, who is a big rum lover. At Christmas, when I was in college, he used to make rum at home and try to make different kinds of dishes from it. Rum Cake is one of those dishes.
Ran out of eggs while planning to make the rum cake? Fret not, you can check out the best egg substitutes in cake mix. But before that, check out some other cake recipes that you can easily make at your home.
1. Fiesta Cake– Fiesta cake is a cake made with fiesta or fruit cocktail mixed fruits with raisin and chopped cashew nuts. A cake that simply has fruit in it as an ingredient can also be colloquially called a fiesta cake.
2. Pineapple Upside Down– Pineapple Upside Down Cake, a dessert classic is no exception. This yummy cake is loved by people of all ages. Pineapple in itself is a tasty fruit and making a cake out of it is beyond comparison.
3. Carrot Cake– If you are looking for a classic, non-chocolate, soft textured cake, then this carrot cake is the perfect cake for you. The spice flavor, super moist crumb and velvety cream cheese frosting of this cake are some you can’t resist.
4. Paula Deen Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake– The cake is Paula Deen’s original pound cake recipe. The best thing about this cake is that it tastes sweet and sour at the same time.
Ingredient For Rum Cake
|Vanilla Pudding Box||4 ounce|
|Baking Powder||2 tsp|
|Unsalted Butter||8 tbsp|
|Vegetable Oil||1/2 Cup|
|Vanilla Extract||2 tsp|
|Flavoured Butter||1/4 tsp|
|Almond Flour||1/4 Cup|
|Unsalted Butter||8 tbsp|
|Vanilla Extract||1/2 tsp|
You can buy all these ingredients from your nearest grocery shop or supermarket. Now, we will see how much time it will take rum cake to come out because it took a lot of time.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|35 Mins||100 Mins||900 Mins|
I know you people are very excited to know the procedure to make Rum Cake at home but you don’t have to wait more because you are just one step away from the actual recipe.
Rum Cake Recipe
- In a small bowl add rum, vanilla, and butter-rum flavor. Stir them together
- Spritz the bundt pan with cooking spray and make an extra layer sprinkle almond flour in the pan.
- In the pan pour the batter with spatula.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 60 minutes. To check the cake use toothpick in the center. If it is prepared take it out.
- Leave the pan of Cake for cooling aside.
- In a saucepan add all the ingredients used to make syrup except vanilla.
- Cook the mixture for 10 minutes, until it simmers
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add vanilla to it.
- To poke holes in the cake using a skewer and pour the syrup accordingly. Soak the syrup properly.
- With a plastic wrap cover the pan and leave the cake for overnight.
- For leaving overnight if the cake does not soak syrup properly, warm it for 10 minutes in the oven.
Finally, Rum Cake is ready. You can have it with hot coffee or tea and you can freeze it for several days as well.
Nutritional Facts Of Rum Cake
Most of the people started thinking about health when we talk about dessert. So I’ve added the nutritional breakdown of this cake below.
How To Make Rum Cake at Home | Video
I learned the recipe of rum cake from my uncle. So, I thought to share the video of How to Make Rum Cake, so you can easily understand it.
I hope you’ve liked the Rum Cake recipe. I recommend you to serve it your friends and family. Do share your valuable reviews with us in the comment section and for more recipe like this, stay tuned!