Root Beer Float- what a summer treat it is! I remember having this drink for the first time at my friend’s place when I was eight years old. I was there for a school project and his sister served us with this refreshing, creamy drink in the evening after we were done with the project.
What a drink it was! I have a clear memory of licking the sides of the glass after I finished the drink and his sister asking if I wanted more. I couldn’t resist myself from gulping down another glass of it. Its been around fifteen years.
My first Root Beer float and no summer have gone by since then without treating myself with this fantastic drink. I can’t wait to share the recipe with you all. It is such a quickie to make and needs a few ingredients. But there are many other drinks that we’ve covered in our blog. You should definitely check them as well.
1. Mamajuana– It is a drink that is prepared by infusing herbs in liquor. It is a traditional drink of the Dominican Republic. This drink was traditionally made with tea mixture infused by herbs and served as a tonic to cure almost everything.
2. Banana Wine– Do you know there is a wine made you of banana and is consumed in India’s southern region? Yes, this wine is called banana wine and is good in taste and is smoothing.
3. Bourbon and Ginger Ale– This spicy Bourbon Ginger Ale Cocktail is the best way to warm up on a wintry night. With lime juice, ginger ale and candied ginger, it’s got enough sweetness, tartness and spiciness to send your winter blues away.
4. Rabbit Punch– Have you heard of Rabbit Punch? If yes, what can be more delightful than having Rabbit Punch drink at home? For those who don’t and are eager to taste it, we have brought you a homemade rabbit punch cocktail recipe.
What's In The Post
Ingredients for Root Beer Float
|Root Beer||2 Quarts|
|Vanilla Ice cream||1 Pint|
It is the most relaxing and delicious fountain drink for summers. The fizz with the creaminess of vanilla ice cream is a brilliant combo. You will be surprised to know how quickly it can be made. Check out the table below.
How Much Time Will it Take?
Just 5 minutes! Isn’t it amazing? So, why not try this drink at home and feel the fizz. Let’s quickly dive into the process of making it.
Root Beer Float Recipe
- Add a scoop or 2 (as per your choice) of vanilla ice cream in a tall glass.
- Now, slowly pour the root beer in the glass. Don’t rush and let the fizz settle before pouring in some more root beer.
- Serve with spoons and straws.
And yes, your Root Beer is ready! I love adding a dollop of whipped cream on the top to make it fancy. You can add that too or be creative in your way.
Nutritional Breakdown of Root Beer Float
For your convenience and knowledge, I’ve added the nutrition table for the drink below. You may refer to it to understand what you’re feeding your body with.
Note– The nutritional break down is for 1 serving of root beer float.
How to Make Root Beer Float at Home | Video
Although the drink’s recipe is super easy, but to make things pleasant for you all, I’ve added a video of the process of preparing the drink down below. Do check it out for help.
Friends, try out this facile drink at home and share your reviews and suggestions in the comment section. I’ll come up with some more innovative drinks soon. Until then, try out the above recipe and reach for help, anytime.