Rocky road fudge recipe is an irresistible dessert that everyone is going to love. It’s a delicious and rich chocolate fudge that will give you nostalgia when you eat it as a kid. Let’s discover the recipe.
By its name, you might feel intimidated, but this fudge comes out easily. Start with greasing your pan. Then melt the chocolate in the microwave.
To the melted chocolate, add condensed milk, melted butter, pistachio, almonds, and marshmallow and combine. Set the pan in the refrigerator for four hours. Once cooled, cut the fudge into squares and enjoy.
Rocky road fudge needs no extra preparation. It uses a handful of ingredients, and your holiday dessert is ready. We add marshmallows to it for the color and texture of the fudge. It adds an elastic texture to the fudge and makes it a Christmas-like treat for everyone.
Start with accumulating all the ingredients and equipment for the recipe. The list is down below. Also, get some tips on how to add variations to your fudge. So, let’s get started!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Rocky Road Fudge Recipe?
- Microwave – Use the microwave to melt the dark chocolate.
- Square Pan – Grease the square pan with butter to make the fudge.
- Bowl – Combine all ingredients for the fudge in the bowl.
- Spatula – Use a rubber spatula to mix everything.
- Knife – Chop your dark chocolate into small pieces using a knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Rocky Road Fudge Recipe?
|Preparation Time||Rest Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||4 Hours||4 Hours 10 Minutes|
What Flavor Variations Go Along With Rocky Road Fudge?
If you want to try rocky road fudge, you’ll be excited to know that you can make tons of flavor variations at home! Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- For chocolate lovers, use all chocolate marshmallows. It gives you a rich, decadent chocolatey taste.
- You can also use other flavored marshmallows like peanut butter or strawberry marshmallows.
- Add some chopped nuts, dried fruit, or marshmallows for an extra special treat.
- Make a minty version by adding peppermint extract or using chocolate mint fudge.
- Get creative and experiment with different fudge flavors to see what you like best!
How To Store Rocky Road Fudge?
Rocky road fudge is the perfect dessert to serve at your next get-together. It’s easy to make and can be pulled from the freezer, so it’s fast and convenient.
Here are some tips on how to store rocky road fudge:
- Please keep it in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Frozen rocky road fudge is best stored in an airtight container. This will help keep the fudge from melting too quickly and getting soggy when exposed to warm temperatures.
- If you want more space for other items, place them in another container with an airtight seal before freezing them.
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Rocky Road Fudge Recipe?
- Dark Chocolate – Take sweet dark chocolate to make delicious fudge.
- Condensed Milk – Add sweetened condensed milk to make the fudge. You will find various brands to choose from.
- Butter – Take salted butter to make the fudge smooth. It also adds a nice flavor to the fudge.
- Pistachio – You’ll love the green color of pistachio in your fudge. Take advantage of this.
- Almond – Add chopped almonds to add a crunchy element to the fudge.
- Marshmallows – Mini marshmallows add festive feelings to the fudge. They add more color and elasticity to the fudge.
Steps To Make Rocky Road Fudge Recipe
Prep Your Pan
Before making your fudge, let’s grease your square pan or loaf pan with butter. Then line it with parchment paper and keep it aside.
For this recipe, we’ll take chopped dark chocolate. Add them to the microwave-safe bowl and melt the chocolate completely for three minutes.
You can use a double boiler to melt your chocolate if you don’t have a microwave.
Take the bowl out of the microwave. To the same bowl, add sweetened condensed milk and melted butter. Combine well with a spatula.
You will get a glossy and thick chocolate mixture. Stir in pistachios, almonds, and mini marshmallows. Give it a good mix.
Pour the mixture into the greased square pan. Tap the pan on the surface, so the mixture spreads evenly.
Refrigerate the mixture for at least four hours until it completely sets. Once chilled, remove the pan from the fridge. Cut the fudge into squares and serve.
Rocky road fudge is ready.
How Will Rocky Road Fudge Recipe Look And Taste Like?
Rocky road fudge is a type of chocolate fudge that contains marshmallows and nuts. The marshmallows give the fudge a fluffy and chewy texture, while the nuts add a crunchy contrast. It’s a great combination of chocolate and nuts. Let your holiday season be filled with sweet treats.
Rocky Road Fudge Recipe
- 2 cups Dark Chocolate
- 1 can Condensed Milk
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- ¼ cup Pistachio
- ¼ cup Almond
- ½ cup Marshmallow
- Grease your loaf pan with butter and line it with parchment paper.
- Melt dark chocolate in the microwave for three minutes.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, melted butter, almonds, pistachio, and marshmallows to the same bowl. Combine well.
- Pour the whole mixture into the greased pan.
- Refrigerate for four hours.
- Cut the fudge into squares.
- Enjoy rocky road fudge at home.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is in rocky road fudge?
Rocky road fudge is a great combination of chocolate, condensed milk, marshmallows, and nuts. It’s easy to make and perfect for Christmas holiday treats.
What type of nuts are in Rocky Road?
There are pistachio and almonds added to the rocky road. You can use walnuts, too, if you are a nut lover.
Does Rocky Road contain raisins?
You can add raisins to rocky road fudge. They add a nice chewy texture to the fudge.
Why do they call it Rocky Road?
The name rocky road fudge refers to chunky chocolate fudge. Because it has a chewy texture from marshmallows and the chunky texture of nuts. So, the uneven difference is called a rocky road.
How long does homemade Rocky Road last?
Rocky road fudge is best stored in the fridge. It lasts for two weeks. Store them in an airtight container, which will be perfect for eating.
This Rocky Road Fudge is everything you could ask for in a fudge recipe. It’s so easy to make and only requires a few ingredients.
It’s the perfect treat for any occasion and will surely be a hit for anyone who tries it. So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today and enjoy the delicious results!