Who else loves the crisp and crunch of roasted food? Yes, if you are in the mood of eating something roasted, then your wait is over because today I’m bringing this roasted platter that will satisfy your taste buds. You don’t need to go to the restaurant to eat roasted food. This recipe will make your evening wonderful at home.
The name of the dish is Roasted Pork Butt. This recipe will have you drooling and wanting more because of its juiciness and the tenderness. It might sound like I am boasting about this Roasted Pork Butt. But believe me, when you’ll have it, you’ll feel the same. Another good reason to make this recipe at home is due to its healthy nature.
Pork’s health benefits are much better than their taste. Pork helps in maintaining the heart’s health. It’s very good red blood cells production and good for the skin. Its benefits are not just confined to this but it also helps in improving the nervous system and digestive system.
One thing I must say that this is quite a time-consuming dish, but it’s all worth it because you will be delighted after making this. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Smoked Turkey Breast– Turkey is something that everyone. And what more can you ask for if you are getting smoked turkey breast. But it would be best if you brined the turkey because this crucial step will make the turkey moist and flavorful.
2. Barbecued Chicken– Barbequed chicken is an easy to make chicken recipe. It needs simple ingredients and the charred grill flavor just hits right.
3. California Grilled Chicken– This skinless, boneless chicken is a delicious treat for all meat lovers. California Grilled Chicken recipe as it is famously called is quite easy to make at your homes as well.
4. Smoked Pork Butt Dish– The process we’re going to follow for this meat cut will not only make the meat tender, smoking will add a unique flavour for a truly delicious eating experience.
Ingredients for Roasted Pork Butt
|Boston Butt||5 lb.|
|Olive Oil||1/3 cup|
|Sea Salt||1 tsp.|
|Ground Rosemary||1 tbsp.|
|Garlic Powder||1 tbsp.|
|Beef Broth||1 can|
You can have these ingredients from any nearby store. Just collect them and let’s move to instructions part of making it at home. As we have all the ingredients now, let’s first have a look at the time it will take to make this recipe at home.
How Much Time It Will Take?
As we know roasting needs time,so this is a bit time consuming dish but trust me ,it won’t disappoint you at all.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||6 hours||6 hours 10 minutes|
As we have the ingredients and we know the time it will take to prepare, so let’s just dive into the instructions to make this roasted pork. As we have the ingredients and we know the time it will take to prepare, so let’s just dive into the instructions to make this roasted pork.
Roasted Pork Butt Recipe
- Trim away the excess fat from the Boston Butt and wash it under running water, just leave a little fat.
- Rub it with olive oil. Now, rub it with sea salt, ground Rosemary, garlic powder. Cut it in small slits and insert the spices down into the slits so that spices can reach deep down and give its wonderful, delicious flavour.
- Place the roast on the rack in the pan. Let the pork drippings in the pan, as this can be used for making the gravy.
- Now, pour beef broth and don’t let the pan dry.
- Roast for 6 hours until the thermometer reaches 160F.
- It will take almost 6 hours in a 300F oven to reach 160F. Don’t overcook it.
Your Roasted Pork Butt is ready now. You can also add BBQ sauce to it to make it more delicious. But still, everybody in your family is going to love this dish.
Nutritional Breakdown of Roasted Pork Butt
As I’ve told above that pork has a lot of health benefits. So to back that statement, I’ve added the nutritional breakdown of this recipe below
How to Make Roasted Pork Butt at Home | Video
This video is added for your guidance. I highly recommend you to watch it if you are having any problem regarding this recipe. This video will also help you to make this recipe easily at home.
This is a healthy dinner dish. So try this recipe at home and tell us about your experiences in the comments. If you have any queries, do let me know as well. Till then, stay safe and stay healthy.