Today I will be helping you in making a wonderful vegetable, which is Roasted Fennel. You can make this at home within an hour.
I am fond of roasted vegetables. Roasted vegetables are not only healthy but also taste great. Learning to roast them accurately without overcooking them or making them bitter is what you will learn today. I hope you like it as much as I do.
To make roasted fennels at home, all you need to do is preheat the oven, toss the fennel wedges in olive oil, roast them till they get tender and caramelize. Following this pattern, fennel wedges will be ready to serve. These fennel wedges will be crisp on the edges but soft inside.
Above is just a brief of the recipe. To cook the roasted fennel perfectly, detailed instructions are given below. Follow them and see the outcome. Firstly, take note of the ingredients that are needed to make this dish. Check the list and get started.
Ingredients for Roasted Fennels
- 2 Fennel Bulbs (thick base of stalk), stalks cut off, bulbs halved lengthwise, then cut lengthwise in 1-inch thick wedges
- 2 tablespoons (or more) of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons (or more) Balsamic Vinegar
The ingredients are readily accessible at any supermarket. Before that check once in your pantry as you might find them stocked up there too. So grab them all and till then let me share the time you will require to make this fennel recipe.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Roasted Fennels?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||40 minutes||45 minutes|
These fennel bulbs will be ready in 45 minutes. This isn’t much of a time to prepare a dish which is great in taste. This sweet buttery dish is not difficult to make. Let’s see how this dish is prepared.
Steps to Make Roasted Fennels
- Set the oven on pre-heat mode at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Take a bowl and add fennel wedges to it. Toss them with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Use the quantity of oil just to coat them. Sprinkle some balsamic vinegar to coat the wedges again.
- Take a baking dish or roasting pan and line it with aluminum foil. Brush the foil with olive oil. Place the wedges on the pan and roast for 40 minutes or till they begin to caramelize.
- Serve hot.
You can even sprinkle some parmesan cheese over the wedges to give a cheesy flavor to them. This dish will pair best with chicken, turkey or seafood. In case you have any trouble while making the dish.
Nutritional Breakdown of Roasted Fennels
As I’ve told you that roasted vegetables are healthy for our health. So that is why I’ve added the nutrients present in these roasted fennels.
How to Make Roasted Fennels at Home | Video
Don’t worry if you are unclear about some steps. I have uploaded the video of the steps involved in this recipe, so watch it and cook it as per the information provided.
If you have any questions regarding the recipe, you can ask in the comment section below. If you like this recipe and want more such recipes, let me know your suggestions in the comment section below. I will be glad to know your suggestions and help you out in every possible way. Now, get going and enjoy this dish.