Life is definitely unpredictable, imagine if one day all streets go off and you cannot eat your favourite Indian street food Chana Kulcha. This spicy chunk of your life can also be made at your own place in some easy steps. On top homemade street food would make you eat healthy and your choice spice.
The love of the cook will just add on to the taste of your favourite chunk. These Spicy Chana Kulcha is a chickpea in its medium cooked form and spices added to send your taste buds to another place of different tastes for a while, served with you absolute soft bakery to whom you won’t say a no.
How Much Time It Will Take:
|6 hours 15 minutes||45 minutes||7 hours|
Ingredients for Amritsari Chana Kulcha
|Meetha soda||½ tsp|
|Bay leaf||1 unit|
|Black cardamom||1 unit|
|Green cardamom||2 units|
|Black pepper seeds||5 units|
|Red chilli powder||½ tsp|
|Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|Channa masala||3 tsp|
|Cumin powder||½ tsp|
|Garam masala||½ tsp|
|Black pepper powder||¼ tsp|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 tsp|
|Chopped green chillies||2 units|
|Chopped coriander leaves||1 tbsp|
|Tamarind chutney||To garnish|
|Tomatoes, onions, green chillies and coriander leaves||To garnish|
Spicy Roadside Amritsari Chana Kulcha Recipe
- Take 1.5 cup chickpea in a bowl add ¼ tsp meetha soda and 2 cups water and keep aside for 5-6 hours.
- Now take them out of that water and wash them.
- Add them in a pressure cooker.
- Now add 3 cups water, 1 tsp salt, 1 bay leaf, 1 black cardamom, 2 green cardamom, 4-5 black pepper seeds, 2 cloves, 1 tea bag and 1 stick cinnamon.
- Mix all.
- Cook it on high flame and wait for two whistles.
- Then burn the flame to medium and cook for another five minutes in the same closed cooker.
- Now take the tea bag out and empty the contents of the cooker in a wide pan (kadai).
- Put it on another flame.
- Add ½ tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 3 tsp channa masala, ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp garam masala, ¼ tsp black pepper powder and 2 tsp ginger garlic paste.
- Mix all thoroughly, cook for a few minutes.
- Side by side keep mashing some of the chickpea for the thickness in gravy.
- Now add water according to your choice of gravy quantity.
- Bring it to boil.
- Add some chopped green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Close the flame and cover it.
- Let the aroma spread.
- Now serve it in a bowl add tamarind chutney, finely chopped tomatoes and onions, some more green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Balance the spice according to your wish.
- Taste this SPICY CHANA KULCHA with 2 kulchas.
This recipe especially contains so many spices that it delights your taste buds with a blast of aromatic spices. It gives you a pleasurable taste almost irreplaceable.
Stay tuned for more recipes irreplaceable…