A rice dressing is a great rice dish you can make with rice. Today, I am going to tell you how you can easily make a delicious rice dressing at your home.
Many people think that dirty rice and rice dressing are the same things. But in reality, the main difference between rice dressing and dirty rice is that ground beef or ground pork is used in rice dressing, whereas in dirty rice, pork or chicken liver is used. Both the recipes are really delicious and very easy to make.
To make rice dressing, add chicken broth and rice to a saucepan. Cook on low heat. Melt butter in a skillet. Saute onions and celery in it. Add rice, mushrooms, parsley, poultry season, salt, and pepper to it and stir it. Bake it for 30 minutes. Your rice dressing is ready to serve!
That was a glimpse of the recipe. I have shared the complete recipe along with its ingredients, nutritional values, and a video of this recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Texas-Style Spanish– Spanish rice is a simple dish with a super simple recipe to make at home. It is also known as Mexican rice. This recipe goes great with all the Tex-Mex meals like enchiladas, tamales, and some others.
2. Liverwurst Sandwich– Liverwurst sandwich is a meal that people have been eating for more than a century. It was a common food during the 1900s. Now, these sandwiches are available in many deli restaurants.
3. San Antonio Chili– San Antonio chili is an easy-to-make recipe and you can easily make it at home. It is made with beef and spices and tastes great when served with tortilla chips and sour cream.
4. Chicken Saltimbocca– Chicken Saltimbocca is an Italian dish mainly popular in Rome. In Italy, Saltimbocca means ‘jump in your mouth’. The main ingredients for this recipe are chicken breast and prosciutto.
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Onions (chopped)
- 2 cups Celery (chopped)
- ½ cup Long Grain Rice
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 can Mushroom Stems
- ½ teaspoon Salt and Pepper (each)
- ½ teaspoon Poultry Season
- Add broth and rice to a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until tender.
- Saute onion and celery in butter in a skillet.
- Stir in rice mushrooms, parsley, poultry season, salt, and pepper.
- Bake it at 300oF for 30 minutes.
- Your rice dressing is ready to serve.