What do you guys say about a dessert that has the goodness of vegetables in it? Sounds weird, right? But we all know a dessert recipe that contains a fresh and leafy vegetable called Rhubarb. Now, you guys know what dessert I am talking about. So, I first ate this dessert when my mom made it at home and I was around ten years old. Mom used to make new recipes in her kitchen, which we usually loved. And this dessert that I am talking about was the best that my mom had experimented with in her kitchen.
So what exactly is this dessert called? Most of you may already know its name but for those who are not aware, this dessert is called Rhubarb crisp. Its name is quite simple and is based on the key ingredient used in this recipe. And due to its crispy texture, it has crisp at the end of its name. A simple and sweet recipe has a unique taste and filled with a lot of butter.
So Rhubarb is a plant that people usually eat in their regular meal. It is leafy, having dark pink stems, and is a beneficial edible food item. It contains various nutrients that can be helpful for our body to maintain better health. Vitamin K’s presence in this plant helps to keep our bones strong and prevents the development of cancer cells in our body.
You should probably try this recipe as health is the only thing that everyone is prioritizing more these days. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Lomo de Cerdo– Lomo de Cerdo is a very tasty Spanish recipe. Here is an authentic Spanish recipe of Lomo de Cerdo which you can easily make at home.
2. Smoked Canadian Bacon– Canadian bacon is the American name for a form of bacon that is smoked and fully cooked, trimmed into cylindrical and thickly sliced.”Canadian” bacon is made only from the lean eye of the loin and is ready to eat.
3. Smoked Pork Butt Dish– The process we’re going to follow for this meat cut will not only make the meat tender, smoking will add a unique flavour for a truly delicious eating experience.
4. Baked Porgy– Porgy is really a great fish to eat and cook. You will really love the idea of cooking it. This dish is originated from Spanish or Portuguese Pargo. It belongs to the sea bream family of fish.
Ingredients for Rhubarb Crisp
|All-purpose Flour||3 tsp.|
|Rolled Oats||¾ cup|
|Brown Sugar||¾ cup|
Well, this list provided above will tell you what to buy and what you already have at your home. So, grab the missing items and proceed further.
This Rhubarb Crisp recipe will not be that long; you just have to make it like any other pie recipe that we usually make on any occasion or normally at home.
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||35 Minutes||45 Minutes|
These timings say that you don’t have to wait much to have a bite of those delicious Rhubarb crisp. This much of the time is quite comfortable for all, you who are cooking, and those who just have to taste it.
So let’s see how this Rhubarb crisp is actually made. I am sure you all desperately want to know about the procedure of cooking these Rhubarb crisps and will try it at your home.
Rhubarb Crisp Recipe
- First, preheat your oven to about 375F
- Clean, wash and rinse the rhubarb and make sure you cut it into small pieces.
- Take a baking dish and add flour, sugar and cinnamon to it and toss the rhubarb along with it.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add rolled oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter and coconut, mix them well and pour this mixture over the rhubarb mix you made earlier.
- Now, you are all set to bake it. Keep it in the oven for about 30-35 minutes until you see rhubarb is soft and has changed its color to golden.
- Let it cool for about 5-10 minutes and serve with ice cream or whipped cream for a great taste.
Here you go! Your Rhubarb crisp is ready and can now be served to all your loved ones and friends sitting at the dining table. Do try it and experience its rich and delicious taste.
Nutritional Breakdown of Rhubarb Crisp
The nutritional breakdown of the nutrients present in this recipe are mentioned below.
How to Make Rhubarb Crisp at Home | Video
To make this recipe more easily and without any mistake, here is a video that you can watch. It will help you to make this Rhubarb crisp more precisely and correctly.
I hope you guys have liked this Recipe. Do tell us your reviews and experiences in the comments box below. Till then, stay safe and stay tuned for more recipes like these.