Among all the marinades, the red wine marinade proves to be a popular choice. It needs only 2 hours or less to tenderize the steak. It’s perfect for those who love pairing food with wine. So, grab a bottle of your favorite wine and try this recipe for a quick and delicious marinade.
Red wine marinade can also be used to marinate pork, chicken, and fruits. We all know that alcohol is best at denaturing meat. This makes red wine marinade the ultimate choice. So, the moment you take a bite, the steak falls apart easily. You can make your own red wine marinade at home within 5 minutes. Read this recipe to know the procedure.
For a red wine marinade, pour some red wine into a large bowl. Now, add lime juice, vegetable oil, black pepper, garlic powder, soy sauce, onion powder, and minced garlic to the bowl. Stir the mixture well. Your red wine marinade is ready.
Watch the video provided below before you make the red wine marinade. Go through the recipe card for detailed instructions. Please rate this recipe for red wine marinade and save it for later. But before you check it out, explore some other dips and sauces.
1. Southwest Ranch Dressing– You can make your own junk-free delicious ranch at home! Try the southwest ranch dressing recipe. It’s an amazing combo of mayonnaise, lime juice, tomatoes, and vinegar. The spices added are garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and many more. It can be enjoyed as a salad dressing and a dip.
2. Sugar-free Cocktail Sauce– You wanna go for a healthier cocktail dip? Then, try the sugar-free cocktail sauce. It’s flavored with horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, monk fruit, and lemon juice. It’s much healthier than any other cocktail sauce and can be made in a matter of minutes.
3. Crack Dip– Crack dip is a creamy dip loaded with the flavors of jalapenos and mexicorns. It’s a creamy blend of mayonnaise, sour cream, and cheese jazzed up with the flavors of green onions, and jalapenos.
4. Chili Bean Dip– Give a Mexican make-over to your leftover beans! Try the recipe for chili bean dip. It contains baked beans cooked with sour cream and cream cheese. Green chili and ground cumin add a spicy touch to this dip while cheddar cheese gives it a flavorsome lift.
Red Wine Marinade Recipe
- 1/3 cup Red Wine
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- To a large bowl, add red wine, vegetable oil, lime juice. Now, add black pepper, dried thyme, and garlic.
- Stir this mixture and dip your steak in it. Leave them to rest for about 2 hours.
- You can also keep your steak in the refrigerator after putting it in a plastic bag containing the marinade.