The red, white ‘n’ blue salad is an amazing and colorful summer salad. It has the goodness of veggies, fruits, cheese and nuts and the tang of a citrusy dressing, making it the perfect summer salad.
Imagine that you can make a salad that is flavorful and colorful. Now, imagine that you can add anything you like and make it with any dressing. The red, white ‘n’ blue salad is such a salad with endless possibilities. You can make a vegan version, a cheesecake version, or a veggie version. Just make sure you put the colorful ingredients.
To make the red, white and blue salad, make the citrus vinaigrette in a small bowl. Then, mix greens, strawberries, blueberries, almonds, cheese, salt and pepper and toss it all. Drizzle the dressing over it. Toss, so everything gets covered and serve.
This was the simple version of the detailed recipe, which is mentioned below. Let’s see what ingredients do we need for this salad.
Ingredients For Red, White ‘N’ Blue Salad
- 5 oz. Mixed Greens
- 6 oz. Blueberries
- 8 oz. Strawberries (quartered)
- 1/4 cup sliced Almonds
- 4 oz. Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- Salt and Pepper (for seasoning)
- 1/4 cup Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Peel (grated)
- 3 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
These are all the ingredients you need. Gather them all and let’s check the time needed.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Red, White ‘N’ Blue Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||–||15 Minutes|
There is no cooking time required as this is a salad. So, without further ado, let’s move to the steps of the recipe.
Steps To Make Red, White ‘N’ Blue Salad
- In a small bowl, firstly make the vinaigrette by mixing olive oil, lemon peel, lime juice, honey and salt. Set is aside for later.
- Take a large bowl and put the mixed greens in it. Then, add the strawberries, blueberries and almonds and combine.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese over it and mix gently.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette dressing that you set aside over it and toss so everything gets covered with it.
If you want more crunch in the salad, you can add walnuts and pecans as well. Shredded coconut also makes for a great summery addition to the salad. Now, let’s check the nutritional value of this salad.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Red, White ‘N’ Blue Salad
Here is the nutritional breakdown of this recipe.
This was it about this recipe. Try this at home and leave your suggestions and queries in the comments below. I’ll try my best to answer those. Till then, happy eating!