The red, white ‘n’ blue salad is an amazing and colourful summer salad. It has the goodness of veggies, fruits, cheese and nuts and the tang of a citrusy dressing, making it the perfect summer salad.
Imagine that you can make a salad that is flavorful and colorful. Now, imagine that you can add anything you like and make it with any dressing. The red, white ‘n’ blue salad is such a salad with endless possibilities. You can make a vegan version, a cheesecake version, or a veggie version. Just make sure you put the colorful ingredients.
To make the red, white ‘n’ blue salad, make the citrus vinaigrette in a small bowl. Then, mix greens, strawberries, blueberries, almonds, cheese, salt and pepper and toss it all. Drizzle the dressing over it. Toss gently so, everything gets covered and serve.
This was the simple version of the detailed recipe, which is mentioned below. Let’s see what ingredients do we need for this salad. But before going to the full recipe, let’s check out some other healthy salads as well.
1. Taco Salad Flag– This is a dish that has its origin in Texas. This salad is also known as the 4th of July Taco Salad because people usually make it during the national holiday across America.
2. Cabbage And Carrot Slaw– A healthy slaw is one of the best recipes that can be made for a picnic or a potluck. This salad a bowl of happiness and health. This simple and light dish will be a perfect side dish for any of your meals.
3. Grilled Halloumi And Vegetables– Halloumi is a type of semi-hard unripe cheese. It is a great source of calcium, zinc, and several other nutrients too. It tastes best when grilled or fried. It retains its shape even grilled or fried. So, I am sharing the recipe for grilled halloumi and vegetables.
4. Parisian Potato Salad– This salad is made from golden potatoes, vegetables, yogurt, eggs, and herbs. The potatoes are boiled to perfection and then mixed with vegetables and other ingredients. It is easy to make and gets ready in no time.
Red, White ‘N’ Blue Salad Recipe
- Small Bowl
- Large Bowl
- 5 oz. Mixed Greens
- 6 oz. Blueberries
- 8 oz. Strawberries
- ¼ cup Sliced Almonds
- 4 oz. Feta Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Lemon Peel
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Honey
- ½ tsp Salt
- In a small bowl, firstly make the vinaigrette by mixing olive oil, lemon peel, lime juice, honey and salt. Set it aside for later.
- Take a large bowl and put the mixed greens in it. Then, add the strawberries, blueberries and almonds and combine.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese over it and mix gently.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette dressing that you set aside over it and toss so everything gets covered with it.
This was it about this recipe. Try this at home and leave your suggestions and queries in the comments below. I’ll try my best to answer those. Till then, happy eating!