How many of you like the season of the soups- where the whole house filled is with the exotic smell of simmering soups. Whether it is a Chicken Noodle Soup, Tortilla Soup or any kind of Cream Soup, I like them all.
But the one soup that I like the most is the Red Pepper Pistachio Bisque soup. I still remember the first time I had this soup and it completely blew away my mind because of its taste and deliciousness. This creamy, paprika-laced red bell pepper bisque, along with a parsley-pistachio pistou for the topping; makes you the lavish combination.
This is what makes the Red Pepper-Pistachio Bisque recipe so special; the heat of Thai chillies and the nutty Pistachio puree. A creamy, nutty vegetable soup to keep you going on your long hot summer day. So here’s a simplification to its ingredients unknown and an innovation to keep up your newness.
Ingredients for Red Pepper Pistachio Bisque Recipe
For the bisque
|Unsweetened Almond Milk||1 cup|
|Lemon Juice||1 tsp|
|Shallot (peeled and chopped)||1 unit|
|Red Bell Peppers (stemmed, seeded, and chopped)||2 units|
|Serrano Pepper (stemmed, seeded, and chopped)||1 unit|
|Sweet Hungarian Paprika||2 tsp|
|Ground Cumin||½ tsp|
|Ground Cardamom||½ tsp|
|Pistachios (raw and soaked)||¼ cup|
|Cashews (raw and soaked)||¼ cup|
|Ripe Avocado (pitted and peeled)||1 small unit|
For the pistou
|Flat-leaf parsley||½ cup|
|Pistachios (dry raw)||¼ cup|
|Nutritional yeast||1 tbsp|
|Olive oil||2 tsp|
Important Facts about Ingredients
- Coconut milk, soymilk, or another unsweetened nondairy milk in place of almond milk can be used.
- The vegetable broth in place of filtered water (if using broth, decrease sea salt to ½ tsp).
- ¼ cup chopped red onion in place of shallot (shallot is a type of onion and is used for pickling or as a substitute for onion).
- Yellow or orange bell peppers in place of red can be used (capsicum species).
- The serrano pepper is a type of chilli pepper that originated in the mountainous regions of the Mexican states of Puebla and Hidalgo. Any small, hot pepper can be used in place.
- Fresh cilantro in place of flat-leaf parsley can be used. Parsley of a variety with large flat leaves, popular in southern Europe.
How much time it will take?
|15 minutes||20 minutes||35 minutes|
Red Pepper Pistachio Bisque Recipe
- Combine the parsley, pistachios, nutritional yeast, and sea salt in the bowl of a food processor (a mini one works best here).
- Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add the olive oil, and process until the mixture is finely chopped. Set aside.
- Your Pistou is ready.
- To make the bisque, combine all ingredients except avocado in a high-speed blender.
- Blend to combine, add the avocado, and blend again until very smooth.
- You can either serve the bisque room-temperature, or chill it for a few hours before serving, or even gently warm it on the stove over low heat or in a dehydrator.
- Top each serving of soup with ¼ of the reserved pistou.
Your summer soup is ready. Serve it on along day to cut through your hunger
Nutritional Information of Red Pepper Pistachio Bisque Recipe