Red pepper coulis is mainly a combination of bell peppers and vinegar. It is a kind of thin sauce made of vegetables or fruit puree, which pairs perfectly with vegetable or meat delicacies. It is a very easy-to-make. So, let’s have a glimpse of the recipe.
To prepare red pepper coulis, blend red bell peppers, red wine vinegar, salt, spices, and oil in a blender. Then, sieve the paste from the sieving tool to remove the lumps. Your sauce is ready.
I like my red pepper sauce thick. But if you want a thinner with more traditional consistency, simply add some chicken or vegetable stock.
Now, let’s get started with the step-by-step procedure to the recipe. First, let’s start with the ingredients. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
Other Sauce Recipes That You Can Try
- Calabrian Sauce Recipe
- Melba Sauce Recipe
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe
- Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
- Mexican Adobo Sauce Recipe
- Chili Con Queso Recipe
- Cherry Sauce Recipe
- Grandma Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- Sherry Sauce Recipe
- Cranberry Mayo Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Red Pepper Coulis?
- Blender – Blend the ingredients in a blender until they turn into a smooth paste.
- Sieve – Using a sieve, remove all the lumps until thick enough.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Red Pepper Coulis?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||–||5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Red Pepper Coulis?
- Red Bell Peppers – You can use either fresh red bell pepper or roasted ones, depending on the flavor that works best for you.
- Red Wine Vinegar – Red wine vinegar will add a pleasingly tangy flavor to red pepper coulis.
- Salt – The salt will not only add flavor but also help thicken the sauce.
- Grounded All Spice – Use grounded allspice while making red pepper coulis to add a sweet taste.
- Grounded Red Pepper – Red pepper will lend less floral with citrus notes and more smoky and pungent flavor.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil is essential to add velvety texture.
Steps To Make Red Pepper Coulis
1. Blending Is The Key
Start by removing seeds from red peppers. Once done, take a blending jar and add red bell peppers, red wine vinegar, salt, all-spices, and oil.
Blend the ingredients until they turn into a smooth paste.
Now take a sieve and remove all the lumps and thick enough. Now serve and enjoy.
How Will Red Pepper Coulis Will Look And Taste Like?
This red pepper coulis is versatile. You can switch from using it on desserts and snacks to using it on full course meals. A super easy way to elevate any meal, this red pepper sauce is a real keeper!
Creamy, tangy, and smoky-sweet, the flavors are unique and comforting at the same time! And its remarkable versatility means this sauce can be used any day and any time to liven up any meal.
Red Pepper Coulis Recipe
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Grounded All Spice
- ¼ teaspoon Grounded Red Pepper
- Add red bell peppers, red wine vinegar, salt, spices and oil blending jar of the food processor.
- Blend the ingredients will they turn into a smooth paste.
- Now take a sieve and remove all the lumps and thick enough. Now serve and enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can red pepper coulis be frozen?
Yes. Store in a container with a tight-fitting lid or even in the wells of an ice cube tray to have servings easily available.
How long will red pepper coulis keep?
This sauce will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator or one month in the freezer.
What is best way to store red pepper coulis?
This coulis is best kept in a mason jar or glass container because the acidic deep red will stain plastic.
How do you thicken red pepper coulis?
You can also use starch – such as cornstarch, to thicken the sauce quickly – without reducing it. Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your liking: more/less garlic, paprika, etc. Or even add extra herbs/spices like fresh basil or parsley, etc.
Please share your reviews in the comment section. For your queries refer the same section and post your question there. If you like the recipe of red pepper coulis, share it with your near and dear ones and enjoy it together.