Looking for a quick and easy appetizer for the fish feast? You have come to the right place. Red Lobster flounder is delicious and a cherry pie. Don’t get baffled by the name. Flounder is a flatfish found at the bottom of oceans. Follow the recipe to make Red Lobster flounder at home.
Red Lobster’s delightful and budget-friendly seafood menu makes this restaurant the most popular. However, you can avoid the long wait on a restaurant table, and get yourself a flounder treat at home right away!
Make the soul-satisfying flounder fish by first marinating and then frying. Fried up crispy, and served with tartar sauce the flounder filets are delectable. The homemade version of the Red Lobster flounder will surely become your favorite eatery choice.
Even though the other Red Lobster menu items are tempting, there’s one item you shouldn’t skip. It is a flounder fish. So, what are you waiting for? A Fabulous fried flounder recipe is just a step away.
Follow the article and check out the list of required equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions. The perfect knockoff flounder will be ready in a blink of an eye! But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes.
1. Red Lobster Shrimp Nachos – Red Lobster shrimp nachos is a delectable combination of shrimp, tortilla chips, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, and avocado. This dish has shrimp cooked and combined with delicious cheese sauce and tossed with warm tortilla chips. Pico de gallo on top adds fresh flavors to this dish. It’s a delicious side dish for seafood lovers prepped in Mexican-style.
2. Red Lobster Style Cheesecake – Red Lobster cheesecake is a heart-warming dessert. It has a butter crumbly base made from the mixture of Lorna Doone cookies, butter, sugar, etc. The filling on the crust is a delicious blend of cream cheese, gelatin, sour cream, etc. The cream cheese filling has the taste of sugar, vanilla essence, and eggs. This crowd-pleasing dessert can be easily made at home.
3. Red Lobster Crab Alfredo – Red Lobster crab alfredo has pasta tossed in a cheesy-delicious sauce. This sauce is a mixture of cream cheese, parmesan cheese, half-and-half, crab meat, and butter. Garlic powder, salt & pepper add the seasoning flavor to this dish while parsley adds a herbal twist to it.
4. Red Lobster Brussels Sprouts – Red Lobster brussels sprouts is a nutritious dish. It has brussels sprouts roasted and tossed with caramelized butter sauce. Salt and pepper seasoning enhances the taste of this dish. It’s a delicious side dish and gets ready within 30-35 minutes.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Red Lobster Flounder?
- Skillet – Fry the flounder filets in a skillet or a frying pan.
- Bowl – Dunk the filets in buttermilk and then roll with the dry rubs.
- Perforated Ladle – Flip the filets with a perforated ladle to cook on both sides.
- Wire Rack – Remove the fried filets on a wire rack or a paper towel.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Red Lobster Flounder?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||20 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Red Lobster Flounder?
- Flounder Filets – Take half a pound of flounder filets for preparing the knockoff flounder.
- Cornmeal – Coat the filets with a tablespoon of cornmeal mixed with spices.
- Cooking Oil – Fry the flounder filets using any cooking oil of your choice.
- Smoked Paprika – Add a teaspoon of smoked paprika to the cornmeal. It will spice up the filet.
- Black Pepper – Season the filet with a pinch of black pepper.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
Steps To Make Red Lobster Flounder
Soak the flounder filet in half a cup of buttermilk and let it sit for 30 minutes. It will keep the fish moist and result in an authentic taste.
2. Roll The Filet
In a large bowl, add a tablespoon of cornmeal, smoked paprika, black pepper, and salt. Roll the flounder filet with the dry rubs.
3. Frizzle The Flounder
Add the coated flounder filets to the frying pan. Fry the fish until you see the golden-brown texture. Once the filets are cooked, remove them on a wire rack or a paper towel. It will help you to get rid of excess oil.
How Will Red Lobster Flounder Look And Taste Like?
Red Lobster flounder looks appetizing with a nice and flaky texture. The variety of flavors can be felt by marinating it with buttermilk and spices. You will taste mild-sweet flavors with a crunchy crust on the outside.
Red Lobster Flounder Recipe
- Perforated Ladle
- Wire Rack
- 200 g Flounder Filets
- 1 teaspoon Cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Wash the flounder filets nicely and slice them into serving sizes.
- In a shallow dish, marinate the flounder filets in buttermilk for 30 minutes.
- After the marination time is over, roll the filets with the dry rubs including cornmeal, smoked paprika, black pepper, and salt.
- Place the dredged flounder filets in the preheated oil.
- Fry the filet in batches and cook until they are golden brown.
- Remove the flounder filets on a wire rack or paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with tartar sauce or your choice of sauces.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is Red Lobster known for?
Red Lobster is well-known for its diverse seafood dishes with its ubiquitous feasts.
2. Does Red Lobster use frozen food?
Red Lobster uses frozen seafood dishes. It is unavoidable as it has to travel from sea to store.
3. What kind of butter is best for lobster?
Red Lobster uses the classic clarified butter in making their meals. The clarified butter is also known as drawn butter because it is plain with no milk solids.
4. Has Red Lobster been sold?
Red Lobster has been sold by Darden Restaurants to Golden Gate Capital.
Prepare Red Lobster flounder fish at home with put recipe article. Check out all the details and share your experience in the comment section below.