Craving Red Lobster seafood but too lazy to leave the house? Try the copycat version of Red Lobster coconut shrimps at home with us. It is remarkably easy to replicate the texture, taste, and flavors offered at Red Lobster. Refer to the article for more details.
Jumbo shrimps tossed in coconut flakes and served with tropical pina colada dipping sauce are delicious. It is fairly easy to prepare the dipping sauce, make the batter, dip the shrimps and put them to fry.
The dipping sauce has all the components that make the sauce stand out. Combine liquid pina colada, sour cream, rum, crushed pineapple, and sugar. The dipping sauce will be ready.
Moving forward, prepare the coating batter for shrimps. Coat the shrimps and deep-fry to achieve the perfect flavors and texture. The coconut cream and flakes coating will bring out nice coconut flavors to the shrimps.
So are you ready to be with us for a while and prepare the coconut shrimps? If yes, then follow the full recipe for the details. The list of required equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions are mentioned below! But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes.
1. Red Lobster Popcorn Shrimps – Red Lobster popcorn shrimp has shrimp seasoned with spice rub and then coated with egg batter. These shrimp are again dredged in the dry mixture and then deep-fried. These juicy crispy shrimp are loaded with the flavors of egg, salt-pepper seasoning, and Cajun seasoning. These crispy shrimp are served with cocktail sauce or any other condiment.
2. Red Lobster Corn On The Cob – Red Lobster corn on the cob is a super easy-to-make dish. The corn is sweet and juicy. It’s filled with the flavors of butter and old bay seasoning. It’s a healthy side dish and can be enjoyed with any main course meal.
3. Red Lobster Lobster Bisque – Red Lobster lobster bisque is a creamy-thick and healthy soup. It’s loaded with the goodness of lobster meat, white wine, heavy cream, and veggies like shallots, carrots, celery, etc. Bay leaves and thyme leaves add earthy flavors to this dish. This heart-warming soup goes well with any type of seafood or main course meal.
4. Red Lobster Chicken Pasta – Red Lobster chicken pasta has pasta combined with delicious creamy sauce and boneless chicken pieces. It is loaded with the flavors of Cajun seasoning, heavy cream, sun-dried tomatoes, linguine, and sat-pepper seasoning. It’s the main course dish and is perfect to be served at a celebration feast.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Red Lobster Coconut Shrimps?
- Frying Pan – Fry the batches of shrimps using a frying pan.
- Tong – Dip the shrimps into the batter and coat it evenly using a tong. Moreover, while frying, tongs can be used to flip the shrimps.
- Wire Rack – Remove the shrimps on a wire rack to remove excess oil. You can also use paper towels instead of a wire rack.
- Bowls – Take three separate bowls for preparing the breeding batter.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Red Lobster Coconut Shrimps?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||25 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Red Lobster Coconut Shrimps?
- Shrimps – For preparing coconut shrimps, take half a pound of fresh shrimps.
- Panko Bread Crumbs – Coat the shrimps with breadcrumbs for a crispy and flaky texture.
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes – The coconut flakes used for the coating will bring out the coconut flavor with each bite you try.
- Sour Cream – Prepare the dipping sauce with a teaspoon of sour cream.
- Liquid Pina Colada Mix – Take a tablespoon of liquid pina colada mix for the dipping sauce.
- Canned Pineapple tidbits – The crushed pineapple titbits will add tangy flavors to the dipping sauce.
- Parrot Bay Coconut Rum – To enhance the flavors, add a teaspoon of coconut rum to the dipping sauce.
- Cornstarch – Coat the shrimps with cornstarch and then with the wet batter.
- Sugar – A teaspoon of sugar added to the dipping sauce will balance the flavors.
- Canola Oil – Fry the shrimps using canola oil.
- Coconut Cream – Use coconut cream to coat the shrimps evenly.
- Milk – Prepare the wet coating mixture using half a cup of milk mixed with flour.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
Steps To Make Red Lobster Coconut Shrimps
1. Prep Step
First, prepare the pina colada dipping sauce. Combine pineapple tidbits, liquid pina colada mix, sugar, and rum. Mix it well and let it sit until you prepare the shrimps. Meanwhile, take three bowls to make the breading batter. In one bowl, add cornstarch, and in another, add coconut cream, sugar, milk, and rum. The dry and wet batter will be ready. Finally, in the third bowl, combine coconut flakes and breadcrumbs for the coating mixture.
2. Shrimp Coating
Slice the butterfly shrimps into nice thin pieces. Dredge each piece into the flour, then dip into the wet batter and then coat it with coconut and breadcrumbs. Arrange all the battered shrimps on a wire rack.
3. Sizzle The Shrimps
Place the coated slices into the frying pan. Fry the batches of shrimps nicely until golden brown. Remove the coconut shrimps on a wire rack or paper towel to get rid of excess oil. Serve warm with the pina colada dipping sauce. Happy snack!
How Will Red Lobster Coconut Shrimps Look And Taste Like?
Red Lobster coconut shrimps look crispy, golden brown, with a flaky texture. The taste of all the flavors can be felt with each fabulous bite. The dipping sauce has a sweet and savory blend of flavors that is well paired with fried shrimps.
Red Lobster Coconut Shrimps Recipe
- Frying Pan
- Wire Rack
- 3 Bowls
- ½ pound Shrimps
- ½ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ½ Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Pina Colada Mix
- ½ cup Canned Pineapple tidbits
- 1 tablespoon Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Cream
- cup Milk
- 1½ teaspoon Salt
- In a bowl, add sour cream, liquid pina colada mix, half a cup of pineapple tidbits, powdered sugar, and rum. Combine everything nicely and cover it to sit in the fridge while you prepare the shrimp.
- Moving forward, take two bowls to prepare the breading batter. In one bowl, add cornstarch, and in another, add coconut cream, sugar, salt, milk, and rum.
- Let the wet batter aside for 5 minutes.
- While the batter rests, add panko bread crumbs and shredded coconut into a third bowl. Combine for the dry coating.
- Slice the butterfly shrimps. Dip each into the flour, then the wet batter, and at last coat the shrimps with breadcrumbs and coconut mixture.
- Arrange the shrimps until all the slices are battered properly.
- Add the coated shrimps into the frying pan. Deep-fry the shrimps for 5 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Remove the fried shrimps on a wire rack or paper towel.
- Serve the crispy fried shrimps with pina colada dipping sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Does Red Lobster have coconut shrimp bites?
Red Lobster’s secret menu has delectable shrimp varieties like popcorn shrimp, coconut shrimp, and garlic-grilled shrimp skewers.
2. How much is the coconut shrimp from Red Lobster?
Coconut shrimp at Red Lobster costs you $15.49.
3. What goes well with coconut shrimp?
You can try pasta dishes, coleslaw, French fries, dip, and drinks.
4. What is a butterflied shrimp?
The butterflied shrimps are sliced symmetrically. The lengthwise incision of the shrimp is what makes the shrimp butterflied.
Put on your apron and get started to make copycat coconut shrimps at home. Refer to our recipe article above. Share your feedback in the comment section below.