Fresh and flavorful Red Lobster clam chowder is a healthy treat. Relish in a bowl of chowder to warm up your soul. You can prepare this hearty soup in your kitchen. Wish to know how? Follow the article to make copycat Red Lobster clam chowder at home.
Served with oyster crackers or buttery toast, this creamy clam chowder is appetizing. There are plenty of variations with this American chowder dish. However, we have got you an easy yet tasty creamy clam chowder recipe. Begin to make roux gravy using butter and flour.
Then, move forward with stirring in onions, celery, garlic, potatoes, milk, clams, and some spices. Cook for 15 minutes and the warm, hearty, and flavorful clam chowder soup will be ready. For the tweaks, I would suggest you experiment with your favorite toppings.
Now let’s get started with the list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and step-by-step instructions. Following the right steps will help you with the right blend of flavors. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes.
1. Red Lobster Baked Potatoes – Red Lobster baked potatoes have mildly crispy skin and are filled with a delicious blend of cheese, sour cream, and green onions. These potatoes have the taste of butter, cheese, sour cream, and seasoning spices. These are perfect celebration-worthy appetizers and can be enjoyed with any main course dish.
2. Red Lobster Crab Stuffed Mushroom – Red Lobster crab stuffed mushrooms are filled with a mixture of crab meat, cheese, cream cheese, bread crumbs, hot sauce, and many other savory ingredients. These mushrooms are perfectly baked and are topped with melted cheese and parsley. These serve as a savory side dish that gets ready within few minutes.
3. Red Lobster Artichoke Dip – Red Lobster artichoke dip is prepped using a delicious blend of lobster, cheese, and savory spices. This baked delight has sour cream, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, lobster, cream cheese, mined Artichoke hearts in it. This delicious dip can be enjoyed with crackers, bread chunks, or any other appetizer of your choice.
4. Red Lobster Oven Roasted Tilapia – Red Lobster oven roasted tilapia has tilapia filets seasoned with the umami flavors. These filets are charred and roasted to perfection. Every bite of this filet is enriched with the flavors of butter, garlic, Italian seasoning, pepper, salt, lemon juice, etc. This tilapia is further infused with the flavors of stewed tomatoes, carrots, asparagus, beans, artichoke hearts, etc.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Red Lobster Clam Chowder?
- Saucepan – Take a saucepan for making clam chowder.
- Ladle – Keep stirring in the elements using a ladle.
- Knife – Chop the veggies with a knife.
- Spoon – You’ll need a spoon to add the components in the saucepan.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Red Lobster Clam Chowder?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Red Lobster Clam Chowder?
- All-Purpose Flour – Adding a tablespoon of flour will thicken the soup.
- Butter – Saute the onions and other veggies in melted butter.
- Milk – Add half a cup of milk for the liquid content. The consistency of soup will be thickened using milk.
- Heavy Cream – Garnish the chowder with a tablespoon of heavy cream on the top.
- Potatoes – Take some boiled potatoes to add to the clam chowder.
- Celery – Celery adds umami depth and flavors to the soup.
- Onions – For adding sweet and savory flavors, add onions.
- Garlic – Adding minced garlic will have an aromatic blend in the clam chowder.
- Black Pepper – Season the clam chowder with black pepper. If you wish it to be spicy, you can also add white pepper.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Parsley – Garnish the chowder with some freshly chopped parsley.
- Canned Clams – Take two cans of clams to prepare the chowder. Along with the clams, add its juice to the chowder. You can also use freshly chopped clams.
- Oyster Crackers – Put some oyster crackers on the top of the soup.
Steps To Make Red Lobster Clam Chowder
1. Gather The Elements
Begin with gathering all the elements around. This makes cooking quite easy and convenient. Chop the onions, celery, garlic, parsley, and chives. Keep canned clams open. Seasoning, milk, and heavy cream on the table.
2. Soup Pot
In a soup pot, add butter, saute onions, celery, and garlic for about two minutes. Add a tablespoon of flour and stir in for another 2 minutes. Then for the liquid immersion, add half a cup of milk. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Clams Arrival
Add two canned clams along with its juice. Bring it to boil over medium heat. Then, add boiled potatoes and season the soup with salt and black pepper. Cook for about 5-6 minutes more.
When the clam chowder is cooked, garnish it with chopped parsley and a tablespoon of heavy cream. At last, add a few oyster crackers. The copycat clam chowder will be ready. Serve hot!
How Will Red Lobster Clam Chowder Look And Taste Like?
When done right, the clam chowder will taste exactly like served at Red Lobster. It has a creamy and glazy texture with rich flavors. The texture contrasts well with the salted chunks of clam. Sipping the gravy with crispy oyster crackers satiates your cravings.
Red Lobster Clam Chowder Recipe
- 1 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- teaspoon Butter
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Potatoes
- ½ cup Celery (chopped)
- ½ cup Onions (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Parsley
- ½ cup Canned Clams
- ½ cup Oyster Crackers
- In a soup pot, add a tablespoon of butter. Melt the butter over medium heat.
- Saute onions and garlic until translucent.
- Then, add two tablespoons of flour to thicken the soup.
- Add half a cup of milk and whisk vigorously. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Take canned clams and add them to the saucepot. Bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- Moving forward, add boiled potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 15 minutes until you see bubbles forming.
- Garnish it with parsley and a tablespoon of heavy cream on the top.
- At last, put some oyster crackers and serve hot!
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
1. What to add to clam chowder to make it better?
To make clam chowder better, you can add bacon grease, butter, potatoes, onions, clams, of course, and flour.
2. Which is the most famous chowder?
Another variant like clam chowder, the Manhattan clam chowder is the famous chowder. It contains thinner broth along with a deep red color added to it.
3. What state has the best clam chowder?
Boston is the state where you can find the best clam chowder.
4. Which clam chowder is healthier?
New England clam chowder wins the hearts of people. It is also prepared with the same elements but with fewer calories added.
Prepare this hearty and soul-satisfying copycat clam chowder soup at home. Refer to the video fir the details. Let us know how it goes in the comment section below.