Red Lobster bacon potato soup is an instant hit. This hearty king of all soups is creamy, packed with flavors, and soul-satisfying. The copycat version of Red Lobster bacon potato soup at home is prepared in a trice. Go through the article for more intricate details.
Bacon potato soup bowl comes with a combination of veggies and cheese. The overall texture and taste are enhanced to perfection. Make the creamy bacon potato soup with gold potatoes, bacon, half and half, onions, garlic, and some rich spices. Bring all the components to a boil.
Top it up with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese. The rich bacon potato soup will be ready. For the ultimate flavors, you can load it up with your choice of toppings. This hearty soup will stick to your ribs and will warm you up.
Get ready to make this creamy and comforting soup in your kitchen right away! Move on to the list of required equipment, ingredients, and instructions. The nutritional facts are also mentioned in the article below. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes.
1. Red Lobster Rice Pilaf – Red Lobster rice pilaf has rice and veggies cooked to perfection. This dish has carrots, and red bell peppers tossed with butter and rice. It’s flavored by adding Old Bay seasoning, dried Tarragon, dried basil, Accent seasoning, sugar, and pepper. This delish main course dish can be enjoyed with any type of meal.
2. Red Lobster Coconut Shrimps – Red Lobster coconut shrimp has shrimp coated with the breading batter and then fried until they are crispy and golden brown. The breading batter is a mixture of bread crumbs, coconut flakes, pina colada mix, pineapple bits, powdered sugar, and rum. These shrimp are filled with these delicious flavors and are served with a pina colada dipping sauce.
3. Red Lobster Corn On The Cob – Red Lobster corn on the cob is a super easy-to-make dish. The corn is sweet and juicy. It’s filled with the flavors of butter and old bay seasoning. It’s a healthy side dish and can be enjoyed with any main course meal.
4. Red Lobster Lobster Bisque – Red Lobster lobster bisque is a creamy-thick and healthy soup. It’s loaded with the goodness of lobster meat, white wine, heavy cream, and veggies like shallots, carrots, celery, etc. Bay leaves and thyme leaves add earthy flavors to this dish. This heart-warming soup goes well with any type of seafood or main course meal.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Red Lobster Bacon Potato Soup?
- Stock Pot – Cook the soup in a stockpot.
- Ladle – Stir in all the elements using a ladle.
- Knife – Chop the veggies with a knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Red Lobster Bacon Potato Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||25 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Red Lobster Bacon Potato Soup?
- Yukon Gold Potatoes – Take Yukon gold potatoes for better results.
- Chicken Broth – Add half a cup of chicken broth to thicken the soup.
- Bacon – Cooked crispy bacon chunks will bring out umami flavors.
- Parmesan Cheese – Garnish the soup with a teaspoon of parmesan cheese.
- Flour – Prepare the roux gravy by adding a tablespoon of flour with olive oil.
- Half And Half – Half and half has half whole milk and half heavy cream. A cup of half and half will enhance the smooth and creamy texture of the soup.
- Olive Oil – Saute the veggies using olive oil.
- Onions – Saute onions for a savory blend to the soup.
- Garlic – Minced garlic will bring out strong and aromatic flavors.
- Basil – Adding dried basil will bring out some earthy and natural flavors to the soup.
- Parsley – Garnish the soup with fresh parsley.
- Black Pepper – Give your soup a little spicy touch with a pinch of black pepper.
- Salt – Add salt as per your taste.
Steps To Make Red Lobster Bacon Potato Soup
Take some Yukon gold potatoes for preparing Red Lobster bacon potato soup. Boil the potatoes in a stockpot with a teaspoon of salt.
In the same stockpot, add olive oil, cook bacon, and saute onions. Once the bacon dripping starts releasing, add garlic and flour. Mix it well. Cook for 2 minutes and then add chicken broth. Bring it to a boil until the mixture is reduced.
3. Spice Up
Stir in the spices like dried basil, salt, black pepper, and parsley. Bring the soup to a boil. Turn off the flame when the soup is thickened. Garnish it with some more parsley and parmesan cheese.
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
How Will Red Lobster Bacon Potato Soup Look And Taste Like?
Red Lobster bacon potato soup is creamy, warm, and soul-satisfying soup. The homemade version tastes exactly the same as offered at Red Lobster. The thick and creamy texture will surely leave you drooling.
Red Lobster Bacon Potato Soup Recipe
- ½ pound Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Bacon
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- ½ cup Half And Half
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ cup Onions
- 1 tablespoon Garlic (Minced)
- 1 tablespoon Basil
- 1 tablespoon Parsley (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Take Yukon gold potatoes, chop them into small chunks, and add to the stockpot. Boil the potatoes and set them aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until it is crispy and release the bacon drippings.
- Saute onions in the drippings. Cook for 2 minutes and immediately add garlic and flour. Stirring frequently will not let it burn.
- Add chicken broth into the stockpot. Cook for 5 minutes until the soup is thickened and reduced to half.
- When you see the soup is thickened add potatoes, a cup of half and half, and a splash of hot sauce.
- Moving forward, stir in the spices like parsley, dried basil, salt, and black pepper.
- Bring it to a boil for 5-8 minutes.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve warm!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can you put raw bacon in soup to cook?
You should not add raw bacon to the soup because the texture and flavor will be missing. While simmering the soup, you can add the bacon but it will still be half cooked. It is better to cook the bacon nicely.
2. How do you make bacon crispy but not burnt?
Prepare the bacon over medium heat to make it crispy. Cooking over low heat will not let the bacon burn.
3. How many calories are in a bowl of potato bacon soup?
Bacon potato soup has 300 calories in the medium serving size.
4. Does Red Lobster sell other soups?
Yes, Red Lobster offers other soups like Lobster bisque, clam chowder, and creamy potato bacon.
Get your hands on the copycat recipe Red Lobster’s bacon potato soup. All the tips and tricks are mentioned in the above article. Share your cooking experience with us in the comment section below.