Today, I will be sharing this recipe of authentic Mexican red chile sauce that people love to eat with tamales, enchiladas, or chilli beans.
This red Chile sauce is very popular in Mexico and people there use it as a substitute for their regular tomato ketchup. This sauce is also called red chili enchilada sauce. People in Mexico love to have the sauce in traditional Mexican food. And the only way to maintain the authenticity of the sauce is by preparing it at home.
For this red chile sauce, firstly roast your red chilis and remove their seeds and stems and put it with Mexican oregano, tomatoes, garlic cloves, cumin and sesame oil in a blender and blend it. Add salt and vinegar to the paste and mix it properly. Your sauce is ready.
That was an overview of the recipe. All the detailed steps of the authentic Mexican sauce are mentioned below with its ingredients and quantities. So let’s check them out. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Salmorejo– Salmorejo is a cold puree of tomato and bread with other condiments. It is served in almost every restaurant in Spain. Nothing is better than a cold bowl of Salmorejo on a hot day.
2. Comeback Sauce– Comeback sauce is a perfect dressing for salads, sandwiches & burgers. I am going to tell you how you can make this awesome spread at your home.
3. Tonkatsu Sauce– Tonkatsu is a Japanese condiment served with cutlets, croquettes, sandwiches. It has got a tart and savoury taste.
4. Taco Bell Nacho Cheese Sauce– Taco Bell is one of the best Mexican fast-food chains in America. And this copycat recipe is super quick and easy to make at home.
Red Chile Sauce Recipe
- 8 Dried Red Chili
- ½ tsp Mexican Oregano
- 8 oz. Tomato
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- ½ cup Rice Vinegar
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- Take the chilis and roast them for 10 minutes with the help of an oven or a skillet.
- Now remove all the seeds and the stems from the chilis.
- Put the chilis with all the ingredients in the blender until you get a smooth paste of thick consistency.
- Add salt and vinegar according to your taste. Salt and vinegar will act as preservatives.
- In a glass jar, store the sauce and rest so the flavour gets blended well.
- Your sauce is ready! You can store it in the refrigerator for a month.
Try this Mexican recipe at home and do share your reviews in the comment section or if you have any queries related to the ingredients or steps, you can ask me in the comment section and I will get back to you soon. Also, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family and stay tuned for more recipe and cooking ideas!