The recipe I am going to share today is for red chicken. Red chicken is a very simple recipe, you just need a few basic ingredients for making this recipe and the taste is truly luscious.
I have learned this recipe from my friend’s mother. But I have experimented with the original recipe with several other ingredients to make it more delicious. I made this recipe for my father and he loved it.
To make red chicken, add salt, pepper, flour, and chicken in a resealable bag. Seal it and shake it to coat the chicken pieces. Place the chicken pieces in a baking dish. Cook onions in a pan and spread them over the chicken. Then, mix tomato sauce, water, vinegar, paprika, sugar, and sauces in a bowl. Pour this sauce over the chicken. Then, bake it for 1 hour.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Baked Chicken Fajitas– Baked chicken fajitas are a Mexican dish that I learned from one of my friends during high school. She would garnish it with cheese sauce and sometimes with tangy sauces. I loved this delicious dish and tried to make it home as well.
2. Porterhouse Pork Chops– A porterhouse pork chop is a bone-in pork chop with the pork loin on one side of the T-bone and the pork tenderloin on the other.
3. Beef Neck Bones– This Beef Neck Bones recipe requires a lot of time to be tender and luscious, but it’s definitely worth the effort.
4. Creamy White Chicken Chili– There are so many varieties of chili out there, but this creamy white chicken chili will soon be your favorite.
Red Chicken Recipe
- Resealable Plastic Bag
- Baking Tray
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 pinch Salt and Black Pepper
- 3 ½ tablespoons Garlic Paste
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 dash Hot Pepper Sauce
- ½ cup Water
- 3 ½ tablespoons Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Ground Dry Mustard
- Preheat the oven to 175oC and after that grease the baking dish.
- In a resealable plastic bag, add salt, all-purpose flour and pepper. Seal it and shake it.
- Add chicken pieces into that plastic bag and shake it to coat the pieces. Place the pieces of chicken on the baking dish.
- Take a pan and heat butter in it over medium flame. Add the onion in the pan and cook it for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked onion over the pieces of chicken coated with flour.
- Take a bowl and add tomato sauce, water, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, sugar, mustard, garlic chutney, and hot pepper sauce to it. Mix it until the sugar gets dissolved.
- Pour the whole mixture over the onion and chicken pieces.
- Bake it for about 1 hour until the sauce is bubbling.