Raspberry chiffon pie is a light and airy pie made with a gelatin-based filling and a meringue topping, leaving your taste buds wanting more. The tartness of raspberries and the chiffon sweetness make a perfect balance in every bite.
This recipe is for a classic raspberry chiffon pie that is both easy to make and delicious. This no-bake pie is made with a gelatin-based filling and a whipped cream topping. The filling is made with gelatin, sugar, and fresh raspberries, and the meringue topping is made with egg whites, sugar, and tartar cream.
The recipe includes a homemade graham cracker crust, but feel free to use a store-bought crust if you prefer. Even though there are many steps, this recipe is relatively easy, but there are a few essential tips to keep in mind.
With just a little care and attention, you can make a delicious raspberry chiffon pie that is sure to please. Let us now dive into one of the most delicious and no-bake pie recipes.
What Equipment Will You Need to Make Raspberry Chiffon Pie
- Sieve – A sieve to strain seeds from heated raspberries to obtain pulp.
- Electric Mixer – An electric mixer to whip heavy whipping cream and raspberry pulp to make a meringue and raspberry mixture.
- Spatula – To avoid lumps, you will need a flat-surfaced spatula.
- Saucepan – To make this recipe, you will use a saucepan to heat raspberries to make them soft and extract their pulp.
- Bowl – Four separate mixing bowls for whisking the eggs, whipping the mixtures, and mixing the combinations.
- Whisk – A or whisker to whip cream and beat eggs.
- Potato Masher – To obtain a pulp, you will need a potato masher to mash the raspberries once it gets soft.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Raspberry Chiffon Pie
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Chilling Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||20 Minutes||2 Hours||2 Hours 50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Raspberry Chiffon Pie?
- Pie Tart – You will need a baked tart for this dessert. The crust is baked, and you can save time and work on the filling while cooling.
- Raspberries – It is an essential element in this pie. You will also need this for the decorations on the top, which will aid the fresh raspberry taste in the pie.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – I have used heavy whipping cream for this recipe; however, if you prefer, you can substitute it with butter and milk.
- Cream Of tartar – Cream of tartar will lighten and soften the raspberry mixtures for baked goods, stabilize whipped egg whites, and prevent sugar from crystallizing.
- Unflavored Gelatin – Unflavored gelatin will give texture to raspberry chiffon pie.
- Egg Whites – Egg whites will add structure to your pie dessert. You will need egg whites to prepare the meringue.
- Egg Yolks –You will need egg yolks to give extra-rich flavor and a velvety texture. It will also help in making the raspberry mixture.
- White Sugar – You will need white sugar to add sweetness. It will make your pie crisper.
Steps To Make Raspberry Chiffon Pie
1. Make Raspberry Syrup
Heat three cups of raspberries and ⅔ cup of water in a saucepan and leave it for a few minutes until it gets soft.
Remove the saucepan from the stove fire and keep it aside to cool. Once it gets cooled, use a potato masher to mash the softened raspberries into a pulp.
Using a strainer or sieve, remove seeds or solid substances to obtain a pulp. Now whisk raspberry pulp, egg yolk, and 2/3 cup white sugar together in a bowl using an electric mixer and keep it in your refrigerator.
2. Time For The Chiffon Layer
In a saucepan, boil one package of unflavoured gelatin and ¼ cup of water until the gelatin gets dissolved.
Now mix the raspberry mixture into the gelatin mixture and whipped tartar cream until stiff.
3. Prepare Meringue
Take a large bowl and beat egg whites until they become foamy. Add 1/3 cup sugar once the beaten eggs become stiff and glossy.
4. The Final Touch
In ½ cup heavy whipping cream, whip all the mixtures until thick but still pourable. Now put the mixture into the graham cracker crust.
Garnish with fresh raspberries and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
|Dietary Fiber||0.5 g|
How Will Raspberry Chiffon Pie Look And Taste Like?
It is creamy and light, full of those beautiful raspberry flavors with that delicious pie that instantly indulges you in the sense of comfort with every bite.
Every single slice is dreamy; I couldn’t find a perfect summer dessert. The pie has gradient layers of raspberry, pink, and white that make it look beautiful. The texture is smooth with a sweet and fruity flavor.
Raspberry Chiffon Pie Recipe
- 9 inches Graham Cracker Crust (Prepared)
- 3 cups Raspberries
- ¼ cup Fresh Raspberries
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¼ teaspoon Cream Of Tartar
- 25 ounces Unflavored Gelatin
- 3 Egg Yolks (beaten)
- 3 Egg Whites
- ⅔ cup Water
- ¼ cup Cold Water
- ⅔ + ⅓ cup White Sugar
- In a medium saucepan, heat about 3 cups of raspberries and ⅔ cup water until the raspberries are soft.
- Now mash the raspberries using a potato masher. Now use a sieve or strainer to remove seeds and obtain raspberry pulp.
- Put gelatin and ¼ cup cold water in a small bowl. Then, set the bowl aside and allow the gelatin to soften.
- Now whisk raspberry pulp, egg yolks, and ⅔ cup sugar together with the help of an electric mixer and refrigerate it.
- Add softened gelatin to the raspberry mixture and stir until it gets dissolved, allowing it to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add 1/3 cup sugar once the beaten eggs become stiff and glossy.
Raspberry Chiffon Pie
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip tartar cream until stiff.
- Mix the cooled raspberry mixture and meringue (whipped white eggs and sugar) in whip cream, which you have whipped until stiff.
- Put the mixture into a graham cracker crust. Garnish with whole raspberries and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Raspberry chiffon pie is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert. It is perfect for summer gatherings or any time you want a light and refreshing pie.
If you try it, please let us know how it turns out by commenting, liking it, and sharing. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are some variations of raspberry chiffon pie?
There are many variations of raspberry chiffon pie. Some include adding different fruits or flavors to the pie, while others use different types of raspberries.
How do you make a raspberry chiffon pie?
There are many ways to make a raspberry chiffon pie. One popular recipe is to make a graham cracker crust and fill it with a mixture of whipped cream, raspberries, and gelatin. Another option is to buy crust from the store.
What are some creative ways to serve a raspberry chiffon pie?
Some creative ways to serve a raspberry chiffon pie include:
-Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
-Serve it with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.