Although quince can’t be eaten raw, they make some wonderful rose-colored quince jelly. Today in this post, I will share how you can convert sour quince to a beautiful rose-colored quince jelly.
My friend Jack had many quince trees at his farmhouse. So one day, I asked him what did you do of so many quinces. He told me about the jelly that he used to make from the quince. I requested him to make some for me and one day; he invited me to taste some. The taste of jelly was awesome and I learned the recipe from him.
Making quince jelly takes some time and effort as you have to strain the quince for nearly 4-8 hours. Before straining, you even have to simmer it for 1 hr 30 mins, which adds some more effort. Then note the temperature with the help of a thermometer and then your quince jelly will be almost ready to eat.
This jelly does take some effort and time, but it tastes very good. In order to make this jelly perfect, maintaining a proper temperature, boiling over low heat and many other factors are important, which are mentioned below. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Elderberry Jelly– I know the easiest way to make Elderberry Jelly, which only requires 4 ingredients. I have shared the recipe for that tasty jelly that you can make at home in this post.
2. Sugar Mold– The recipe for this food is simple and will complete in a few minutes. This sweet recipe is the best party recipe that I guess you should prefer.
3. Apricot Freezer Jam– Apricot freezer jam! Sounds yummy and with this, you might get a picture of apricot jam on your crunchy toast.
4. Blackberry Jelly– This Easy Blackberry Jelly recipe yields delicious, shimmering clear jelly that’s perfect for toast, scones, biscuits, bagels, crumpets, etc. with a super simple technique.
Ingredients for Quince Jelly
- 1.5kg ripe Quince
- 900 g Preserving Sugar
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tbsp Orange Blossom Water (optional)
These are the ingredients that will turn quince into a wonderful rose color quince jelly. Make sure you use ripe quince for the best jelly. Now let’s see how much it will take to make this jelly.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Quince Jelly?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Straining Time||Total Time|
|20 mins||2 hrs||4-8 hrs for Straining||10 hrs 20 mins|
This jelly recipe is not much difficult but straining takes some of your hours. I can make sure that all the time you will be investing in this recipe will be worth the wait. Now let’s jump to the Quince Jelly recipe.
Steps to Make Quince Jelly
- First, chop the quince. Then peel the lemon zest and squeeze lemon juice and keep it aside.
- Take a deep saucepan and put quince, lemon zest (peel) and lemon juice into it.
- Take nearly 3.2l of water in the same saucepan and boil them.
- Then reduce to simmer and cook for nearly 1 hr 30 mins until quince becomes soft.
- Take a colander and line it with a muslin cloth. Then put it over a large saucepan.
- Now take a quince into a colander covered with a clean tea towel and strain for 4-8 hrs until all the juice has dripped out.
- Take the juice into a deep saucepan and add 500g sugar for every 600ml juice.
- Boil over low heat and stir so that sugar gets dissolved.
- Now using a sugar thermometer, cook until the temperature reaches 105 C.
- Now your jelly is almost ready. Remove it from the heat and stir in the orange blossom water if you want.
- Put it into hot sterilized jars and seal.
Your quince jelly is ready and you can serve it with cheeseboard or pork.
Nutritional Breakdown of Quince Jelly
If you’re are avoiding fats in your diet, then this jelly is best for you as it has almost negligible fats. So let’s see how much fats and other nutrients does this jelly provide you.
How to Make Quince Jelly at Home | Video
Well, this was a quite difficult recipe and guys may have confusion related to the steps. Below is the step-by-step video tutorial on how you can make quince jelly at your home.
Now it’s your turn to convert this quince to some wonderful red colored jellies. Until then, stay tuned for our next recipe and don’t forget to share your reviews in the comment section below.