Quiche without cream is a delightful breakfast recipe that originates from French cuisine. Quiche is basically an egg pie with a crispy crust and soft filling. Prepare this appetizing breakfast in your kitchen with us.
Make a quiche without cream with rich elements like cheese, bacon, onions, eggs, and some spices. Pre-bake the crust before you go ahead and put together the quiche stuffing.
Then prepare the dough and let it sit for an hour. Meanwhile, prepare the stuffing by browning bacon and onion. Now combine cheese, cooked veggies, and milk mixture.
Roll out the dough and pour the mixture and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes until the quiche is baked to perfection and crust is brown.
Now onions, bacon, and ham are also added to the quiche without cream. With flexible modifications, you can add any fillings of your choice to the quiche.
You will find all the required ingredients in the article below. The list has all the equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions to prepare the quiche.
Other Recipes That You Can Try
- Strawberry Extract Recipe
- Mini Bagels Recipe
- Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
- Fruity Pebble Cheesecake Recipe
- Pecan Crackers Recipe
- Hershey’s Carrot Cara Lollipop Recipe
- Meat Pie Recipe
- Cherry Sours Candy Recipe
- Cereal Ice Cream Bowls Recipe
- Easy TikTok Ramen Recipe
Can You Really Make Quiche Without Cream?
Yes, we can make a perfect quiche without cream, which is the epitome of a good meal. The idea is to add some fat to achieve homemade quiche’s soft yet firm texture.
To do so, we can use other substitutes. Instead of cream, the usual and the best combination of milk and eggs bring out a firm and delicious quiche.
Moreover, you can make up for the cream by pan-frying the filling a generous amount. This will help you to achieve a fluffy and consistent texture of quiche. Read out more for a quick crash course on making quiche without cream.
Why Do We Follow Blind Baking For Quiche?
Blind baking is pre-baking the quiche crust without the filling. The purpose of blind baking is to ensure that the quiche pie is baked all the way through. Moreover, it also prevents the bottom of the quiche from getting soggy.
Here’s a list of a few things to remember while blind-baking the crust.
- Refrigerate the quiche dough in a quiche mold for 15 minutes before baking.
- Place parchment paper on top of the dough, followed by the weights. It will help the dough to set evenly.
- Remove the weights after 5 minutes of blind baking the crust and put it back in the oven to bake for another 10 minutes.
Tips To Make The Perfect Quiche Crust
The crust is the most important part of making quiche as it holds the filling. Therefore, making the perfect crust is the first step towards baking a successful quiche. Here are a few tips to make the perfect base for your quiche.
- To make your crust dough, you can mix the ingredients with your hands or use a food processor.
- Once the dough is prepared, it’s a good idea to chill it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. This will help the crust to hold its shape while blind baking.
- Before you blind-bake the crust, prick holes on the base using a fork. This step will make sure that the crust doesn’t puff up much while baking.
- To blind-bake the quiche crust, place a parchment paper and fill it with uncooked rice or dried beans.
- Place the crust for blind baking at 160 c in the oven for 20 minutes.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make A Quiche Without Cream?
- Frying Pan – Fry the bacon and onions in a frying pan.
- Large Bowl – Merge the elements in a bowl to prepare the dough.
- Small Bowl – Take another small bowl to mix milk and cornstarch.
- Ladle – Stir in the onions and bacon with a ladle.
- Quiche Tin – Prepare the quiche using a quiche tin.
- Mesh Strainer – Sift the flour with a mesh strainer to avoid the lumps.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Quiche Without Cream?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||25 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Quiche Without Cream?
For The Crust
- Flour – Take all-purpose flour for making the crust of the quiche.
- Cold Butter – Mix two tablespoons of cold butter with the flour for a smooth texture of the crust.
- Egg – Add whisked eggs to the flour for binding of the batter.
- Olive Oil – Grease the quiche tin with a splash of olive oil.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Sugar – Balance the flavors with a pinch of sugar.
- Black Pepper – Season the dough with a pinch of black pepper.
For The Quiche Filling
- Fresh Cheese – Add half a cup of fresh cheese to the quiche filling.
- Milk – Milk will enhance the texture of the quiche filling.
- Eggs – Egg is the main component added to the Quiche filling.
- Bacon – Crispy bacon will add extra flavors to the quiche stuffing.
- White Onions – Add some chopped onions to the quiche stuffing.
- Cornstarch – A pinch of cornstarch will make the quiche fluffy and soft.
Steps To Make Quiche Without Cream
Step 1- Take a bowl, add all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, salt, cold butter, an egg, and a splash of water. Mix it well and knead it until you achieve a firm dough.
Step 2- Refrigerate the dough in a bowl for an hour and meanwhile you can prepare the quiche filling.
Step 3- For making the quiche filling, first take a pan, sauté onions and bacon in a pan greased with olive oil for 5 minutes. Season it with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Step 4- After an hour, take out the dough and roll it out in a round shape with a rolling pin.
Step 5- Then, place the dough in a quiche mold.
Step 6- Now add uncooked rice to the mold and pre-bake it for 20 minutes
Step 7- Next take a bowl, add sauteed onions, bacon, corn flour, a pinch of pepper, two eggs, half cup of milk, and cheese.
Step 8- Steadily whisk the mixture and pour it over the top of the pre-baked crust.
Step 9- Finally, bake the quiche in the oven for 30 minutes more. Keep the temperature at 180-degree centigrade.
Step 10- When the quiche is ready, you can serve it with your choice of toppings.
How Will Quiche Recipe Without Cream Look And Taste Like?
Quiche without cream looks appetizing and perfectly cooked. With the firm edges and soft stuffing, one-dish quiche is delightful. Quiche is commonly a savory egg-based dish.
Filled with rich stuffing, the egg-based quiche will be a jaw-dropping experience.
What Are The Other Filling Ideas For Quiche
There is an assortment of filling ideas for quiche. It can be typically made with savory foods, such as meat, veggies, cheese, and much more. We have shared a list of the yummiest filling ideas below.
- Roasted Hatch Green Chile – Add the versatile roasted hatch green chile to almost any dish. However, when you add it to the quiche filling, it brings out bright and earthy flavors.
- Cottage Cheese – The nutrient-rich and protein-filled cottage cheese is a great filling idea for quiche. It enhances the flavors and is the best substitute for heavy cream.
- Cooked Bacon – Adding crumbled and cooked bacon brings a nice crunch and elevates the taste of quiche to the next level.
- Spinach – Quiche filling can be prepared with all the green leafy vegetables. Out of all the veggies, spinach is said to be the best. Combined with garlic and other herbs, spinach filling boasts aromatic flavors.
- Roasted Beans – Fill up the quiche with green veggies and homemade roasted beans. This combination will exceed your expectations and serve you the best flavors.
How To Store Quiche Without Cream?
Baking a quiche is always a good idea, but making some extra is always the best idea to enjoy it the next day too. But what becomes more important is storing it the right way to keep its freshness and taste intact. There are two ways to store quiche if you want to keep them longer. You can store them in the fridge or the freezer.
Storing in Refrigerator
If you wish to eat your leftovers or extra quiche for the next day, storing it in the refrigerator is best.
To store a baked quiche in the fridge:
- Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Wrap it tightly in plastic food wrap.
- If you have sliced pieces of the quiche, place them in small resealable plastic bags.
Storing in Freezer
If you wish to store your quiche to consume after a week or longer, freezing it is the best way.
To store the quiche in the freezer, you can wrap it the same way and place it in a freezer-safe container. It’s best to consume a quiche within a month.
How To Reheat A Quiche
If you have some leftover quiche and are wondering how to reheat it, here is the set of instructions on how you can do so.
- Let the quiche come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover the quiche with foil and reheat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Quiche Without Cream Recipe
- Frying Pan
- Large Bowl
- Small Bowl
- Quiche Tin
- Mesh Strainer
For The Crust
- ½ cup Flour
- 3 tablespoons Cold Butter
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
For The Quiche Filling
- 1 cup Fresh Cheese
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup Bacon
- ½ cup White Onions
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- Take a bowl, add all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, salt, cold butter, an egg, and a splash of water. Mix it well and knead it until you achieve a firm dough.
- Refrigerate the dough in a bowl for an hour and meanwhile you can prepare the quiche filling.
- For making the quiche filling, first take a pan, sauté onions and bacon in a pan greased with olive oil for 5 minutes. Season it with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- After an hour, take out the dough and roll it out in a round shape with a rolling pin.
- Then, place the dough in a quiche mold.
- Now add uncooked rice to the mold and pre-bake it for 20 minutes.
- Next take a bowl, add sauteed onions, bacon, corn flour, a pinch of pepper, two eggs, half cup of milk, and cheese.
- Steadily whisk the mixture and pour it over the top of pre-baked crust.
- Finally, bake the quiche in the oven for 30 minutes more. Keep the temperature at 180 degree centigrade.
- When the quiche is ready, you can serve it with your choice of toppings.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What can I use instead of cream in quiche?
Instead of cream in quiche, you can add milk or butter.
Can you make quiche without using the cream?
Yes, you can surely prepare quiche without cream.
How do you thicken a quiche?
Prepare the cheese sauce to thicken the quiche.
What is the secret to a good quiche?
The secret to a perfect quiche is the perfect fluffy egg filling.
Grab your apron to prepare the quiche without cream at home. For the reference check out the article above and let us know how it goes in the comment section below.