Quesadilla Salvadorena is one of the best dessert cake, unlike its namesake Mexican snack. The word queso in quesadilla traditionally stood for unsalted Salvadoran queso fresco which is farmers-type cheese, now substituted for Parmesan cheese.
Quesadilla Salvadorena is moist, sweet and a treat to you. Found in bakeries, it can be made at home with much ease and rather quickly. I was still in high school when my mother served me for the first time. I was delighted at the very sight of it. It was more yummy and delicious than I had expected it to be. No wonder I was able to learn the recipe for Quesadilla Salvadorena very soon.
In this article, I will be telling you how to make Quesadilla Salvadorena at home. This cheese pound cake won’t take much time to make. So, let’s check out the Quesadilla Salvadorena Recipe.
Quesadilla Salvadorena Recipe Ingredients
|White sugar||1 cup|
|Melted butter||1/2 cup|
|Parmesan cheese, finely grated||1 (4 ounce) package|
|Sour cream||3/4 cup|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Rice flour||1 cup|
|Sesame seeds||1 tablespoon|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|20 minutes||38 minutes||58 minutes|
Quesadilla Salvaderona Recipe
- Take a bowl for mixing egg whites in it until they get firm.
- Now take a large bowl to mix butter and sugar for them to get creamy.
- After this, the egg yolks are to be mixed as well followed by Parmesan cheese.
- Put sour cream and baking powder and combine them until they get tender.
- Rice flour should be sifted over this prepared batter. Use a spatula for folding it as well as the egg whites.
- Take a baking dish. Scoop out batter into it.
- Season the top with sesame seeds.
- In the preheated oven( 350 degrees F), let it bake for about 38- 40 minutes. Ensure it has browned on top and doesn’t stick with a toothpick.
Quesadilla Salvadorena Recipe Nutritional Information
|Dietary fiber||0.4 g|
|Saturated fats||8.7 g|
|Vitamin A||427.3 IU|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg|