It is always nice to have a dessert that has a nice story behind it. One such dessert is Queen Elizabeth’s drop scones. They are delicious, easy-to-make, and have a little backstory to them.
The recipe that I will be sharing today is considered one of the most decorated and precious ones. It is written by Majesty Queen Elizabeth II herself. She gifted it to the president of the United States when he visited the U.K in 1959.
To make Queen Elizabeth’s drop scones, beat eggs, sugar, and milk in a bowl. Add flour and mix it. Then, add baking soda, melted butter, and cream of tartar and mix. Place a pan over medium heat. With the help of a ladle, pour the batter into it. Cook it from both sides. Then, serve.
This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Cinnamon Pecan Waffles– Cinnamon pecan waffles are delicious and really easy to make. If you want to have waffles for breakfast then, cinnamon pecan waffles are the best choice.
2. Peanut Butter Chex Mix– This recipe really delicious treat made with peanut butter, chocolate, peanut butter cups, sugar, peanuts, and of course, Chex cereal.
3. Swedish Pancakes– The difference between Swedish pancakes and regular pancakes is that Swedish pancakes use more eggs and milk in their batter. They also don’t have baking powder and thus, don’t rise as your regular ones.
4. Baked Scrambled Eggs– Nothing can be more delicious than having eggs for breakfast. Baked scrambled eggs recipe are quite easy to make and can be a great meal for breakfast. They taste incredible and are healthy as well.
Queen Elizabeth’s Drop Scones Recipe
- 1 cup Flour
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 tsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 ½ tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp Melted Butter
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, add sugar and milk.
- To the same bowl, add flour and mix it well. Make sure you have perfect consistency.
- Add a pinch of baking soda and cream of tartar and mix. Then, fold in melted butter.
- Take a large frying pan and keep it over medium heat. Pour this mixture into the pan with the help of a spoon.
- After you see bubbles rising on the surface of scones, flip them and let them cook on the other side but not more than 1 minute.
- Serve with any fruit of your choice, cream, or any other topping you want.