Desserts are always a delight to eat. The sweet taste of those desserts makes us enjoy every bite of it, whichever dessert it is. Some desserts are just smooth, creamy, and light, but various other forms of desserts will make your stomach full by just having a few of them. Today I will share such a dessert recipe that is sweet, delicious, and heavy and has a whole legacy behind it.
The recipe that I will be sharing today is considered one of the most decorated and precious ones. It is written by her Imperial Majesty Queen Elizabeth II of the U.K herself when she gifted it to the P.O.T.U.S when he visited the U.K back then in 1959. And goes by the name of Queen Elizabeth’s Drop Scones. This is what makes this recipe more interesting and special. However, the ingredients and whole procedure written by the Queen are quite simple.
These Drop Scones were basically from Scotland and have been adopted by various nearby regions because of its rich and gratifying taste. This Drop Scone recipe is made with plain flour, which is also the favorite of her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
So, let’s see what makes these American pancakes shaped desserts so popular in the European region and how they have mastered it that it has such a tempting taste.
Ingredients for Queen Elizabeth’s Drop Scones
|Powdered Sugar||2 tsp.|
|Baking Soda||1 tsp.|
|Cream of Tartar||1 ½ tsp.|
|Melted Butter||1 tsp.|
After you are ready with the ingredients, there is nothing more to do. Now we can start the preparations to make these Drop Scones at home. But what about the timings?
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
This much of time, I guess is no that long for this royal recipe. The time is just perfect and you guys can manage it easily.
Now, let’s begin the real preparation, where we will see how it’s done. So are you guys ready? I am sure you are. Let’s begin this Royal recipe then.
Queen Elizabeth’s Drop Scones Recipe
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, add sugar and milk as mentioned in the ingredients box.
- Now to the same bowl, add flour and mix it well. Make sure you have the perfect consistency like an ice cream batter.
- Add a pinch of baking soda and cream of tartar and continue folding in melted butter.
- Take a large frying pan and keep it over high to medium heat; pour this mixture with a spoon’s help on the pan.
- After you see bubbles rising on the surface of scones, flip them and let them cook on the other side but not more than 1 minute.
- Serve with any fruit of your choice, cream, or any other topping you want.
The queen Elizabeth drop scones are ready and can now be transferred to your dining plates. Enjoy this royal delight with everyone at home and have a great taste of these pancakes.
How to Make Queen Elizabeth’s Drop Scones at Home | Video
Here is a video that you can refer to to make these Drop Scones without any trouble. This will make it easier for you to make them if it is your first time.