Are you a fan of the great American singer, Prince? If you are, then you’ll love this purple rain cocktail recipe! The late musician’s signature color inspires this drink, and it’s perfect for any Prince fan or nostalgic 80s baby.
It is perfect for Christmas Eve and for those who cannot resist without the vibrant pop of color. It tastes even better if you are poolside but we know that’s not always possible.
To make this cocktail, grab your ingredients first. Combine the vodka, curaçao, lime juice, and grenadine into a glass of ice and top with a lemon wedge.
To create a non-alcoholic purple rain cocktail, substitute soda water for vodka. To create a virgin purple rain cocktail, substitute soda water for vodka and omit the garnishes.
Try cranberry juice or orange juice instead to bring another flavor to this drink. You can also try some pomegranate juice if you want to keep your pretty purple color with this. You can also add more maraschino cherries for color and flavor.
In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to make the perfect purple rain cocktail. So, if you want a delicious and easy-to-make summer cocktail, this is the one for you!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Purple Rain Cocktail?
- Martini Glass – You’ll need the martini glass, which is more rounded and slightly smaller. Use it to serve a purple rain cocktail.
- Cocktail Shaker – A cocktail shaker will allow you to mix ingredients while thoroughly chilling the drink.
- Knife – Slice a lemon wheel with a knife and set it on the edge of your glass.
- Spoon – Sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar on the glass before serving.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Purple Rain Cocktail?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||2 Minutes||7 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Purple Rain Cocktail?
- Citron Absolut Vodka – Absolut citron will add smoothness and mellowness with fruity lemon and lime notes.
- Curaçao Liqueur – The liqueur will add varying degrees of bitterness and confer an exotic appearance to the cocktail.
- Grenadine Simple Syrup – Grenadine will lend sweetness and tartness with a fruity finish. It’s most commonly used to add color to drinks, but it also adds sweetness.
- Water – Rim a cocktail glass with water to add a drink’s flavor.
- Sugar – Run sugar along the rim of the glass to jazz up your cocktail
- Mint Sprig – Mint Sprig is an excellent option to garnish on a cocktail as it will produce a cooling effect on the tongue.
- Lemon Wedges – Top up the cocktail with lemon wedges.
Steps To Make Purple Rain Cocktail.
1. Prepare The Glass
To prepare the glass for the Purple Rain cocktail, you’ll need to wet it with water to dissolve the sugar and make it easier to rim the glass.
Next, take the sugar and run it along the rim of the glass, dip it into the water and gently shake off the excess.
Once the glass is ready, you can start mixing the cocktail. If mixing the drink in a shaker, start with the vodka and Curaçao Liqueur, followed by Grenadine simple syrup.
2. Mixing The Ingredients
Once your ingredients are in the glass, it’s time to mix the Purple Rain cocktail. Mix the drink, use a shaker, and gently shake the cocktail for about 10 seconds.
Be sure to give the cocktail a good stir or shake to blend and mix the ingredients properly.
3. Flavoring And Garnishing The Cocktail
Once the Purple Rain cocktail is mixed and poured into the glass, it’s time to add a little extra flair.
First, slice a lemon wheel and set it on the edge of your glass. Next, take the mint sprig and run it along the rim of each glass.
Finally, take a teaspoon and sprinkle a pinch of sugar into each glass. Your cocktail is now ready to serve!
How Will Purple Rain Cocktail Look And Taste Like?
Purple rain cocktail is perfect, especially if you love candy or berry flavors. It is a mixed berries version of Rainbow Candy, which is incredibly popular.
This incredible purple hue from blue curacao liqueur and the simple grenadine syrup makes this mixed drink a show-stopper on a party table throughout the year.
Purple Rain Cocktail Recipe
- 25 ml Citron Absolut Vodka
- 1 tablespoon Curaçao Liqueur
- 75 ml Grenadine Simple Syrup
- 20 ml Water
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 Mint Sprig
- 2 Lemon Wedges
- To prepare the glass for the Purple Rain cocktail, you’ll need to wet it with water to dissolve the sugar and make it easier to rim the glass.
- Next, take the sugar and run it along the rim of the glass, dip it into the water and gently shake off the excess.
- Start mixing the cocktail. If mixing the drink in a shaker, start with the vodka and Curaçao Liqueur, followed by Grenadine simple syrup.
- Once your ingredients are in the glass, use a shaker to mix them ingredients. Gently shake the cocktail for about 10 seconds.
- Once your cocktail is blended and ready to pour, use a jigger to measure 3 ounces of the cocktail into each glass.
- First, slice a lemon wheel and set it on the edge of your glass.
- Next, take the mint sprig and run it along the rim of each glass.
- Finally, take a teaspoon and sprinkle a pinch of sugar into each glass. Your cocktail is now ready to serve!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is purple rain?
Fruity, long and colorful, the purple Rain gets its distinctive hue from mixing blue curaçao and grenadine.
How do you make the best Purple Rain?
Half-fill a glass with ice, then pour in the vodka, blue curaçao, lime juice, and grenadine. Top up with more ice. Half-fill the glass with ice, pour over the cocktail and garnish with slices of lime.
What does Purple Rain cocktail smell like?
Purple rain cocktail has an uplifting citrus, fruity accord with zesty lime, lemon, and cranberry notes with alcoholic nuances on a sugar base.
Is Purple Rain a sweet wine?
Purple Rain Sweet Red is known for its sweet, deep richness and distinctive flavor of freshly picked grapes. This red wine is the perfect touch to any meal shared with your favorite people.
The Purple Rain cocktail is an easy and refreshing summer drink. If you want a fun and easy summer cocktail, try the Purple Rain Cocktail!