Puppy Chow is one of the best American dessert and snacks. Known variously as monkey munch, muddy buddies, muddy munch, reindeer munch or doggy back, this easy puppy chow recipe can be made quickly. Only 4 ingredients and you would have a delicious and lip-smacking dessert on your plates.
Every Christmas Puppy Chow is the cynosure of our majestic dinner. Even home parties at our place surely have Puppy Chow as one of the desserts. I have a fondness for it so I prepare it every Christmas or any other party. It’s an absolute delight and it’s very sight is tempting enough to your eyes. I have shared the recipe for Puppy Chow with many of my friends who have equally loved and enjoyed it.
You won’t be able to resist chocolate and peanut butter loaded dessert Poppy Chow. Here, in this article, I will be telling you how to make absolute Puppy Chow at home. So, let’s check out the best ever Poppy Chow recipe now.
Puppy Chow Recipe Ingredients
|Semisweet or dark chocolate chips||1 cup|
|Creamy peanut butter||1 cup|
|Rice Chex Cereal||6-7 cups|
|Powdered sugar||1-2 cups|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooling time||Total time|
|10 minutes||20 minutes||30 minutes|
Puppy Chow Recipe
- In the microwave, melt peanut butter and chocolate.
- Take a large bowl. Pour three cups of cereal in it and the prepared mixture over the cereal.
- Next, again add three cups of cereal and the remaining mixture over the top.
- Keep stirring it to ensure it is evenly coated.
- Now, allow the mixture to cool down. Prevent from it hardening.
- At room temperature, add one cup powdered sugar. Mix it properly.
- Allow it cool of the next 15 minutes.
- Next, you can add more powdered sugar to coat your cereal properly.
- You can store it in airtight containers as well.
Nutritional Information of Poppy Chow Recipe
|Vitamin A||200 IU|
|Vitamin C||3.3 mg|