The recipe which I am going to share with you today is pumpkin turkey chili. This recipe is very popular in various parts of the world including the United States. It is known for its blended flavors and the goodness of turkey in it.
Turkey has various nutritional elements in it and is considered healthy as well. The turkey is rich in proteins and Vitamins as well. Pumpkin which is also a very healthy vegetable adds to its nutritional values by providing Potassium and Beta carotene in the diet.
To make pumpkin turkey chili, heat oil in a large pot and cook onions and bell peppers in it. Then, add garlic and turkey to it and cook it. After that, add the pumpkin puree, tomatoes, and tomato paste. Then, add white beans and chicken broth to it. Lastly, add salt, pepper, and other spices to it. Cook it on low heat for some time. Garnish it with baby spinach leaves.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. You can easily use cannellini beans for the recipe. Don’t have cannellini beans? Here is a list of cannellini beans substitutes for you to try. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. San Antonio Chili– San Antonio chili is an easy-to-make recipe and you can easily make it at home. It is made with beef and spices and tastes great when served with tortilla chips and sour cream.
2. Roasted Rack of Lamb– This recipe is not only delicious but also has a significant number of nutritional elements in it. The nutrients that can help us all to make ourselves more healthy and fit.
3. Swamp Cabbage Stew– Swamp Cabbage, Florida’s state tree, is also known as the Hearts of Palm, as it is extracted from the center of the Cabbage PalmTree, otherwise known as the Sabal Palm.
4. Meatloaf Muffins– We have always tried different kinds of muffins and today; we are going to make something innovative. We are making Meatloaf Muffins today which are literally very tasty.
Pumpkin Turkey Chili Recipe
- 1 ⅓ pounds Ground Turkey
- 1 large Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1 medium Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 15 ounces White Beans
- 28 ounces Tomatoes (diced)
- 4 Baby Spinach Leaves
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- ¼ cup Tomato Paste
- 14 ounces Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 ½ teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Take a large pot, spray it with some oil, and keep it over medium heat.
- Now, add bell pepper and onions to the pot. Sauté them well for about 7 minutes. Stir them in between until the onion softens.
- After this, add garlic into the pot and cook for 30 seconds until a pleasant aroma comes out of it.
- Then, add the ground turkey to the pot and cook it for 6-7 minutes until it is fully cooked.
- Add the pumpkin puree, tomatoes, and tomato paste to it. Also, add chicken broth, white beans, chili powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon, cumin, salt, pepper, and cayyene pepper to the pot and stir continuously.
- Simmer the heat and cook it for about 10 minutes. Stir the mixture occasionally.
- Garnish with the spinach before serving.