Pumpkin spice pancakes are a great breakfast option. They are delicious and put in that autumn mood. They are easy to make and can be great partners with your pumpkin spice latte!
To make pumpkin spice pancakes, add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, nutmeg, and ginger in a large bowl and whisk. Mix milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, and vanilla extract in another bowl.
Combine the contents of both the bowls. Melt butter in a pan and pour the batter into it. Cook until both sides turn golden. Serve with whipped cream.
This recipe calls for a cup of pumpkin puree. Whether you use canned or fresh pumpkin is up to you! You could also include semisweet or white chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, or chopped pecans.
You could also substitute pumpkin pie spice for allspice, cinnamon, and ginger.
Come let’s gather the ingredients from the supermarket to make these pumpkin spice pancakes. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Moroccan Honeycomb Pancake– Moroccan honeycomb pancakes are spongey and bubbly pancakes containing semolina. They are light and really delicious. They are also really easy to make and don’t take much time to get ready.
2. Norwegian Pancakes– Norwegian Pancakes are thin, crepe-like, and have a delicious taste. They are also known as Pannekaker. They are great for breakfast but can also be served as a dessert. These soft and fluffy pancakes will definitely brighten up your day.
3. Cheese Toastie– A cheese toastie is simply a toast with cheese and feels like a hug to the soul. These sandwiches are generally popular in the UK because they are easy to make and delicious in taste.
4. Crab Omelette– Crabmeat is actually very healthy. Crab is a great source of protein and is considered to be one of the best dietary sources of protein. It contains Omega-3 fatty acids, Selenium, Riboflavin, Copper, and Phosphorus.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Pumpkin Spice Pancakes?
- Skillet – Cook the batter for 3 minutes in a skillet until it turns golden from both sides.
- Mixing Bowls – Prepare the pumpkin puree mixture and flour mixture in mixing bowls.
- Spatula – Cook the pancakes from both the sides by flipping it with a spatula.
- Spoon – Stir both the mixture with a spoon until it combines.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Pumpkin Spice Pancakes?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Pumpkin Spice Pancakes?
- Milk – Milk will add both flavor and richness to pancake batter.
- Pumpkin Puree – Pumpkin puree will add natural nutty flavor when added to the batter.
- Eggs – Pancakes rely on eggs to provide the additional structure necessary to hold the bubbles and allow the pancake to rise. The fat in the yolk also provides richness and flavor.
- Butter – Melt butter to make pancakes rich and moist and cook it until you see the bubbles.
- Vanilla Extract – Vanilla extract will add woody and complex flavor to the pancakes.
- All-Purpose Flour – All-purpose flour is most key ingredient for pancakes. It will make your pancakes dense and airy.
- Baking Powder – Add baking powder as a leavening agent, to fluffy pancakes.
- Brown Sugar – Just a tablespoon of brown sugar is all you’ll need for subtly sweet pancakes.
- Kosher Salt – Salt will perk up the depth and complexity of other flavors as the ingredients meld. Salt also provides a balance to the sweetness of cake batters—but a salty flavor should not be discernible.
- Cinnamon – Ground cinnamon will add a sweet and woody flavor with a slight citrusy note, and its spicy taste.
- Ground Nutmeg – Ground nutmeg will add warm and nutty flavor to the batter.
- Ground Ginger – Ground ginger will add a spicy flavor, and an invigorating aroma with a warming and fiery taste that gives an unmistakable and comforting kick.
- Ground Cloves – The intensely aromatic spice, cloves will add a subtly sweet flavor that lends plenty of warmth to the pancakes.
Steps To Make Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
1. Prepping The Batter
Take a bowl and add all-purpose flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, nutmeg, and ginger and whisk until well combined.
In another bowl, pour milk and pumpkin puree and whisk it. Once done, beat one egg and add vanilla extract while stirring continuously.
Transfer the flour mixture to the bowl of puree mixture and stir the mixture with a spoon until it combines.
2. Pumpkin Pancakes Are Ready
Take a large skillet and add butter. Heat it over medium heat. When butter becomes foamy, add pancake batter and ladle properly.
Cook it for 3 minutes or until it turns golden from both sides. Your pumpkin spice pancakes are ready!
How Will Pumpkin Spice Pancakes Look And Taste Like?
With a delicate pumpkin flavor and just a hint of the pumpkin spice, these pumpkin spice pancakes are subtle and balanced. They gain a lovely orange hue from the pumpkin puree and a light and fluffy texture from the milk.
The pumpkin in these pancakes makes them super moist and dense, but because they’re made with buttermilk they’re fluffy and airy at the same time!
A drizzle of maple syrup takes these sweet, seasonal pancakes over the edge. We have a feeling that this quintessential fall breakfast will be on repeat in your household.
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes Recipe
- Mixing Bowls
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- Add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, nutmeg, and ginger in a large bowl and whisk.
- In another bowl, add milk and pumpkin puree and whisk. After whisking, add eggs, vanilla while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the contents of the large bowl to the second bowl and stir the mixture with a spoon until it combines.
- In a large skillet, add butter and heat over medium heat.
- When butter becomes foamy, add pancake batter and ladle properly.
- Cook it for 3 minutes or until it turns golden from both sides. Your pumpkin spice pancakes are ready!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What can I add to pancake mix for flavor?
Simply take your favorite flavoring, which could be maple syrup, vanilla, or almond extract, and add a few drops to your pancake batter. Boom! You have yourself some extra yummy pancakes.
Can I use can pumpkin instead of pumpkin puree?
Yes, you can easily substitute canned pumpkin for pumpkin puree. It’s very simple to add 1 cup fresh puree for 1 cup canned.
Are pancakes better with milk or water?
Milk adds richness and flavor to the batter, resulting in fluffy and moist pancakes. In addition, milk helps to leaven the pancakes, resulting in a lighter texture. So, while water is essential for making pancakes, milk is also a key ingredient.
Why is my pancake not fluffy?
Stir your batter until the dry and wet ingredients are just incorporated. That means mixing until the flour streaks have disappeared, but leaving the pesky lumps. If you over-mix, the gluten will develop from the flour in your batter, making your pancakes chewy instead of fluffy.
I hope you’ve liked this pumpkin spice pancakes recipe. I highly recommend you make it at your next breakfast and share your experience in the comments section below. Stay tuned for more recipes like these.