Do you guys like sweets and desserts? Well, I really love them. I always wanted to have my own bakery shop and wanted to make different and unique shaped cakes and desserts.
Cakes are the most important part thing for me. Many people prefer it after every meal to enhance the taste of your mouth and feel that sweetness which hits your taste buds like a wave. The cake is the best sweet food anyone can have. The icing, frosting and different shapes make a cake very beautiful and most admired edible item.
So as I am talking about cakes. Cakes are of different sizes and have different flavors, now it depends upon you which flavor you like the most and wants your cake to be.
What about the Halloween cake that you can make at your place on Halloween? This pumpkin-shaped cake will add to the fun of that occasion and will make it livelier. So let’s find out the best Pumpkin-Shaped Cake recipe and make it at home. Are you guys excited for this recipe? Let’s make it guys.
Ingredients for the Pumpkin-Shaped Cake
|Eggs (beaten)||4 pc|
|Ground ginger||1 tsp|
|Ground nutmeg||½ tsp|
|Unsalted butter||220 grams|
|Vanilla extract||2 tsp|
|Pumpkin puree||112 gm|
|Sour cream||1 ½ cups|
|Vegetable oil||1/8 cup|
|Powdered sugar||11 cups|
|Heavy cream||½ cups|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|Orange food coloring||¼ tsp|
So these ingredients are easy to grab and you can get them at any supermarket store near you.
This recipe is quite a bit long. You have to wait for an hour or more to taste this sweet and soft recipe. The actual timings are provided in the table below.
How Much Time it Will Take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|15 minutes||55 minutes||1 hour 10 minutes|
Now we are all set for the exact directions. Shall we start cooking? I really like it when I make new things at home. Hope you will enjoy it too. Let’s make it now.
Pumpkin-Shaped Cake Recipe
- Let your oven Preheat over 3500F and meanwhile, take pans or round pans along with parchment sheet and grease them with nonstick cooking spray.
- Take a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients required for the cake such as flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add the butter to this mixture and mix it slowly such that mixture becomes soft and fluffy.
- Put the beaten egg whites in the mixture and whisk it until properly mixed.
- Now mix the sour cream and also add pumpkin puree slowly into it.
- Add the vanilla extract and oil at a slow speed until mixed thoroughly. Beat this mixture slowly for about 20 seconds.
- Pour the batter evenly into the already made cake pans evenly.
- Let the cakes bake for about 35 minutes and then let the pans cool on their own for 10 minutes. After it cools down remove the cakes from the pan with the help of a spoon or spatula.
- Refrigerate these cake layers for 40 minutes and after they are cooled enough, flip the pans and remove those layers.
- With the help of a serrated knife level the top layers of the cakes and put it in the bowl to make pumpkin stump.
For Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting:
- Using a blender or by your hand beat the butter firmly for about 30 seconds and slowly and gradually add powdered sugar and some cream in it.
- After mixing them add vanilla and salt, mix the ingredients well until a good consistency is achieved.
- You can decide the consistency of the frosting by adding more cream in case of thick and powdered sugar if it is thin.
To Make the Pumpkin-Shaped Cake:
- Place the cake on a greaseproof board and put frost on its upper layer and stack the other cake layers. This frost helps to stick the cake layers together.
- Between each layer of cake apply buttercream evenly.
- Carve out the topmost and the bottom edges of the cake and make a sphere shape.
- Apply the frosting around the cake and cover the whole cake layers with it. Make al the sides smooth and refrigerate the cake for about 25 minutes until the frost is soft.
- Mix the orange color with the remaining frost and put it inside a roasting bag.
- Make the sides of the pumpkin with this buttercream pipelines vertically.
- Using a spatula or any spoon smoothen the sides.
- Make pumpkin tail with crumbles cake and add frosting into it. Mix them and shape them like a tail.
- Place this tail on the top of the pumpkin and apply some frost on the sides and top as well.
And finally, you have made this amazing Pumpkin-shaped cake. The recipe looks quite big but is very simple as the steps written are very detailed.
Nutritional Breakdpwn of Pumpkin-Shaped Cake
This recipe is free from any preservatives and can be consumed without any issues. But for my lovely foodies, I have listed the complete nutritional breakdown of this Pumpkin-Shaped cake.
How to Make Pumpkin-Shaped Cake at Home | Video
This recipe is a little bit tricky but don’t you worry, I have the best video for this recipe which will assist you. Do check it out.
I hope you have liked this recipe of pumpkin shape cake and will try this at your home. Please tell us about your valuable comments and reviews which we eagerly wait for in the comments section below. Till then stay tuned for more such recipes.