Is your pick at a dessert bar always a mousse? If yes, then this holiday season, try out this stunning pumpkin pie mousse recipe to have the most amazing time.
This pumpkin pie mousse recipe is a no-bake Thanksgiving and Halloween dessert that is creamy and flavorful. It has a melt-in-your-mouth texture and a consistency that is a cross between traditional mousse and no-bake cheesecake. What I love about this recipe is that it can be served in many ways.
Moreover, this recipe takes just 10 minutes to prepare, so you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen for a perfect holiday dessert. All you have to do is mix in a few ingredients like pudding mix, spices, pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla, and whole milk.
You can also easily customize this no-bake pumpkin dessert with your favorite toppings, such as gingersnaps, sprinkles, chocolate curls, and more. Read on to learn more about tips and tricks for preparing the best pumpkin pie mousse recipe.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Pumpkin Pie Mousse Recipe?
- Bowls – You will need two bowls to prepare the mousse.
- Electric Mixer– An electric mixer will be required to whip the cream.
- Spoon or Piping Bag – You can use a spoon or piping bag to transfer the mousse into your serving bowls.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Pumpkin Pie Mousse Recipe?
|Preparation Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Pumpkin Pie Mousse Recipe?
- Instant Vanilla Pudding – We will need 1 (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding package to prepare the base of the mousse.
- Pumpkin Spice – We will add one teaspoon of pumpkin spice to achieve pumpkin pie flavor.
- Cinnamon – ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, plus more for garnish, will be needed to add a touch of cinnamon flavor.
- Kosher Salt – ½ teaspoon of kosher salt will help bring out the flavors.
- Pumpkin Purée – 15 oz can of pumpkin puree gives the desired pumpkin flavor. Make sure you use plain 100% natural pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Maple Syrup – 2 tablespoons of maple syrup will add sweetness to the mousse.
- Vanilla Extract – ½ tablespoon of vanilla extract will add a mild vanilla flavor.
- Whole Milk – 1 cup of whole milk is added to the mousse for a smooth consistency.
- Heavy Cream – We will need 1 ½ cups heavy cream to make the mousse and garnish.
Steps To Make Pumpkin Pie Mousse Recipe
1. Prepare Pumpkin Mousse
Take a large bowl and whisk together the pudding mix, spices, and salt. Add pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla, and whole milk and beat with an electric hand mixer until smooth.
In another large bowl, whip heavy cream for 3-4 minutes until stiff peaks form. Fold two-thirds of the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture until smooth.
2. Serve Pumpkin Mousse Pie
You can use a spoon or piping bag to set the mousse in a bowl. Top the mousse with the remaining whipped cream and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon before serving.
How to serve mousse?
Pumpkin pie mousse tastes best when served cold or chilled. However, beyond that, there are infinite ways to serve this mousse. You can serve it plain or make it fancier. You can serve it in individual bowls or a big serving dish.
To add more texture to the mousse, you can garnish it with chocolate swirls, gingersnaps, or cookie crumbles. Moreover, you can also prepare a cookie crumb base before setting the mousse.
7 Attractive Ways To Serve Pumpkin Pie Mousse
- Juice glasses or short cups: Small juice glasses or cups are commonly found in homes. Therefore, it can be a great way to serve pumpkin pie mousse.
- Ramekins or Individual serving bowls: Ramekins or small serving bowls are also a quick and fuss-free way to serve this mousse.
- Martini or champagne glasses: If you are planning to serve this dish for a party, you can set up an eye-catching dessert bar using martini glasses or champagne flutes to serve your mousse.
- Parfait glasses: You can also make this delicious pumpkin mousse stand out in parfait glasses by making a layered parfait-style dessert! To do so, you can alternate thin layers of crushed graham crackers or cookies with pumpkin pie mousse and finish it off with a garnish of whipped cream.
- Mason jars: Old-fashioned mason jars are always a fun option to serve desserts. If you are looking to serve generous portions of mousse, then mason jars are the eBay to go!
- Trifle bowl: Don’t want to get into individual servings? No worries. You can serve this mousse in a trifle bowl. Here you can line up the mousse in the standard way or create a parfait-style layered dessert.
- Waffle cone or cup: Waffle cones and cups are always delicious. You can use them to serve the pumpkin pie mousse. They will not only taste delicious but also give you a great crunch at the end.
12 Mousse Garnishes
- Whipped cream: Fluffy whipped cream is a classic garnish for any mousse recipe.
- Cinnamon: A light sprinkling of ground cinnamon is the perfect way to add a touch of cozy, warming flavor!
- Gingersnap cookies: Gingersnaps scream holidays. You can add crushed or whole gingerbread cookies.
- Sprinkles: To add a pop of color to your no-bake pumpkin dessert, look no further than some holiday sprinkles.
- Toffee bits: To add a crunch and nutty flavor to your dessert, you can add toffee bits.
- Oreos: Crushed or whole Oreos make a delicious garnish for mousse! The black and orange combination is especially great for celebrating Halloween!
- Graham crackers: You can also use crushed or whole graham crackers as a topping for this cozy mousse.
- Wafers: To add a crunch, chocolate or vanilla wafers can be a garnish idea!
- Baking chips: Make the best use of your bakery supplies by using chocolate chips and butterscotch bits.
- Nuts: Candied nuts are a fantastic way to add more texture and flavors.
- Granola: Granola is a great topping if you are looking for a slightly healthier alternative. It also adds the right amount of crunch.
How To Store Pumpkin Pie Mousse
When it comes to storing no-bake desserts, food safety is of the utmost importance. So, ensure you are storing your pumpkin pie mousse properly to enjoy it in the best condition.
Pumpkin Pie Mousse is a perishable dessert as it is made with dairy products. Therefore, it is not recommended to leave it at room temperature for more than 2 hours. To keep your mousse in the best condition, keep it refrigerated.
Your pumpkin pie mousse can stay fresh in the refrigerator for a week.
Can I make Pumpkin Pie Mousse in Advance?
Pumpkin pie mousse is a deliciously rich make-ahead dessert. While this recipe can be kept for several days in the refrigerator, it tastes best if made a few hours in advance or no more than 1 day in advance.
After you prepare the mousse, cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator. Add the toppings or garnishes just before serving. Furthermore, if you plan to serve this dessert parfait-style, layer the crushed cookies until just before serving to ensure they remain crunchy.
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Vitamin C||5 mg|
How Will Pumpkin Pie Mousse Look And Taste Like?
If you’re looking for the perfect fall-flavored dessert, this is the pumpkin dessert recipe that you have to try. It’s a rich and decadent recipe that will satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth. The best part about this recipe is that it not only tastes great but can also be customized and turned into a stunning dessert.
When you bite into pumpkin pie mousse, you experience a warmth and mild spice from pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. This flavor palate is balanced very well with the subtle and creamy flavors of vanilla pudding and cream.
Pumpkin Pie Mousse Recipe
- 3-4 oz. Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 15 oz. Pumpkin Purée
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Take a large bowl and whisk together the pudding mix, spices, and salt. Add pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla, and whole milk and beat with an electric hand mixer until smooth.
- In another large bowl, whip heavy cream for 3-4 minutes until stiff peaks form. Fold two-thirds of the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture until smooth.
- You can use a spoon or piping bag to set the mousse in a bowl. Top the mousse with the remaining whipped cream and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What ingredients do we need to make pumpkin pie mousse?
To make pumpkin pie mousse, you will need vanilla pudding mix, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, heavy cream, salt, maple syrup, and cinnamon.
How can we serve pumpkin pie mousse?
There are many ways to serve pumpkin pie mousse. You can serve them in remikens, bowls, trifle dishes, waffle cones or cups, juice glasses, champagne flutes.
How can we garnish pumpkin pie mousse?
We can garnish pumpkin pie mousse with chocolate swirls, chocolate chips, toffee bites, nuts, crackers, and more.